Slow Driver Market

I started the third season in MyTeam mode, and there have only been 2 changes in the driver market so far.  One being caused by Raikkonen's retirement, and the other caused by me, when I signed Verstappen.  In both cases, the teams hired an F2 driver and nothing else.  Is this normal or is there a problem with my save?

To be honest, I would rather have slow driver market than Hamilton singning with Haas or something like that 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

10 hours ago, Simonodef said:

To be honest, I would rather have slow driver market than Hamilton singning with Haas or something like that 

Agree . Plus it's kinda real anyways you don't see drivers moving every season to different teams all the driver changes in my game have come from my picking of driver from other teams . I'm liking it like this to be honest . On 3rd season just signed Russel going to train him up . I do d try getting him after 1st season but didn't understand the negotiation system at time and ran out of time 

12 hours ago, caiocrq said:

I started the third season in MyTeam mode, and there have only been 2 changes in the driver market so far.  One being caused by Raikkonen's retirement, and the other caused by me, when I signed Verstappen.  In both cases, the teams hired an F2 driver and nothing else.  Is this normal or is there a problem with my save?

In my first season about 10 people changed their seat.

Had loads change after just 10 races. Hamilton got replaced by Gasly and is now a few agent, LeClerc to McLaren, Lando to Racing Point, Stroll and Perez dropped, Russell dropped, Sainz to Alpha Tauri, De Vries in the second Ferrari... On and on it went. Only Red Bull stayed the same. Went mental. Would rather nothing had happened to be honest.

I had both Williams drivers sign to Haas, Grosjean and Raikonnen retire, and Magnusen move to Alfa. Williams picked up Hubert and another F2 driver.

That was just the end of season 1.

There was only my move at the end of season 1. Glad it's much slower. Seemed last time like half the grid did musical chairs each season.

Mid season transfers are still illogical like Leclerc as a runner up go from Ferrari to Alpha Tauri. I think that they should bring us back end season transfers option like in last year game, to be honest i don't even understand why that option was removed. Oh and it seems that if you turn off transfers you can't change team.

Edited by HauptmannSeba
  • Agree 1

1st season end Grosjean retired, Russell went to Haas and Matsushita (who's been doing awesome) got signed to Williams. That was it.

2nd season ended and magic happened!!

Ricciardo (who is spelled wrong in the interview *PS4 version* btw Codies) got a seat in Merc along side Hamilton! Awesome move!

Seb retired, Verstappen went to Ferrari

Gasly moved up to RB and Perez also joined him there.

Bottas went to Renault.

Albon and Räikkönen went to RP.

De Vries got signed to Alfa Romeo.

Stroll went to AlphaTauri. So that's RB with an even bigger purse..

It was a pretty epic change! Its pretty random. Just like the odd driver will get a sudden boost or fail rate that will effect their seat. Bottas last 3 races got involved in mid field collisions so assume that caused his move and RB were struggling as a team and totally disbanded lol! If you do another career it'll be different again. I'm enjoying the odd random event or abnormal result that effects teams and drivers. I've noticed it fast and directly affects their R&D growth allowing a lower team to rise and higher team to fall randomly. Long as you let it happen. I did get a scenario where Kvyat was qualifying really well, top 10 in bottom 3 team (at the time) but I actually restarted those as I thought it was a bit disrespectful to Gasly and after 3 race weekends of this to get more "normal" results for him without direct intervention it seemed to stop doing it and restored balance to the back of the grid. I allowed (no restarts) Räikkönen to get a flurry of great quali results and now he's in the RP, top 4 car. I really like that evolution. Bit cheeky to be bias to Kvyat but Gasly has had such a stronger last year and still out doing Kvyat so I'd hate to see him rise and gasly stay low down. If you are into these tests I highly recommend you try it out. You can directly or indirectly get involved with it and see realistic results/outcomes by it. Overall a good system in my eyes. I might actualy test it more directly with a set driver just to see if its not a fluke. But if you are having a boring transfer career then why not try to "intervene" a little, help a driver out or back a driver off a bit and see what happens? Its a game afterall, why not have a bit of fun with it?

6 hours ago, Carystus said:

If you are into these tests I highly recommend you try it out. You can directly or indirectly get involved with it and see realistic results/outcomes by it. Overall a good system in my eyes. I might actualy test it more directly with a set driver just to see if its not a fluke. But if you are having a boring transfer career then why not try to "intervene" a little, help a driver out or back a driver off a bit and see what happens? Its a game afterall, why not have a bit of fun with it?

Quite an interesting take, I think overall the moves, if you ca apply a bit of imagination to your fictional F1 world, are generally pretty good and logical. 

I think even stuff I've seen like Leclerc moving back down the grid to a smaller team, if you use some imagination about the possible outcomes of the chaos at Ferrari, it's not all that out of the realm of possibility. 

Intrigued in what you're saying above though, get directly involved? Do you mean in how you're interacting with certain drivers on race days yourself, as in back off them or attack them in race to see the consequences for them after? 

Otherwise I'm not sure what you mean by intervening. 

To add on this (End Of Season 1):

1.  Grosjean retired
  2.  I poached Kimi for Season 2
  3.  Magnussen went to Alfa to replace Kimi
  4.  Both Williams drivers went to Haas
  5.  Williams replaced with two F2 guys.

I found this substantial enough movement and, mostly, made sense. I don't think Kimi would take another drive, but I wanted his 100 Experience and he wanted a pay cheque 😛 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I wanted his 100 Experience and he wanted a pay cheque 😛 

What does a 100 experience level give you from a practical standpoint? 

7 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

What does a 100 experience level give you from a practical standpoint? 

So, what categories are the drivers scored on?

Experience – A higher experience score will help players collect a greater number of ‘Resource Points’, used in the game to buy car upgrades.

Racecraft – A higher racecraft score allow the driver to unleash more effective overtakes.

Awareness – A higher score here will mean the driver is less likely to lose control of their car when the going gets tough.

Pace – Quite simply, the higher the pace score, the more rapid a driver will be throughout a race.

So, basically, Kimi is really good at getting Resource Points so we can develop the car as quick as possible. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

So, what categories are the drivers scored on?

Experience – A higher experience score will help players collect a greater number of ‘Resource Points’, used in the game to buy car upgrades.

Racecraft – A higher racecraft score allow the driver to unleash more effective overtakes.

Awareness – A higher score here will mean the driver is less likely to lose control of their car when the going gets tough.

Pace – Quite simply, the higher the pace score, the more rapid a driver will be throughout a race.

So, basically, Kimi is really good at getting Resource Points so we can develop the car as quick as possible. 

Makes sense, thanks for the breakdown!

• Like 1