Forum Championship League | BELGIAN GP 22/01/2021 Read more... ×

Safety car bugged again!!??????

About to start hungary and not only has there been no safety car, there hasn't been a vsc. 

Have restarted career a few times due to finding right ai level and sc and vsc were spot on. But now since last update nothing. 

The sc in 2019 was very poor and only seemed to get worse with each update. Have we got to put up with this again.

Or is there anything we can do to get around this.

59 minutes ago, rocojuanclarkus said:

It seems if you restart your career then the Safety Car is bugged to never appear. 

Such a shame. 

If you're right then this game is going to be exactly like 2019 with the sc. Codemasters need to find of a quick fix that we can work around to get it working.

Because how 2019 was with the sc I have 0 confidence it will get fixed this year.

AI doesn't crash, so no safety car. Only "mechanical" DNF's which means they always retire safely.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Costa said:

AI doesn't crash, so no safety car. Only "mechanical" DNF's which means they always retire safely.

Before the last update the sc was working perfectly, like you said not for crashes but when the ai retire the sc was coming out. I can't even force the sc out by causing all kinds of crashes.

Seen plenty of crashes that brought safety car out (first corner Of race of silverstone lando decided that not braking and using Albons car to slow himself down was best way and lando ended up out of race and by end of corner 3 I had safety car out). 

• Agree 1

On 8/5/2020 at 11:31 PM, Costa said:

Wrong. Just has Lando try to overtake on and lost control under DRS and smacked the wall. Also had Grosjean tap me and spin and then there was a pile up too. 

My situation is exactly the opposite. I have seen at least one SC in every single career mode race so far. Sometimes I decide flashback to try to prevent it from happening, but it's not 100% guaranteed that it will.

I'm getting so frustrated at this point that I'm considering turning off the SC.

• Agree 3

And herein lies the problem. CM could never find themselves on the winning side here, whatever they do. Some folks say it's fi e, some say they see it too much, some say not enough. How do they debug that? 

Edited by amazingblaze

I for one haven't got a single safety car in an entire season for some reason. Haven't restarted the season or anything and it was in My team.

I'm still in my first career. I've had multiple VSC's but only 1 safety car. It works but doesn't come out anywhere near as much as it should.

Hmm.. I've not had many SC's or VSC's, but I did have a couple at Baku (of course 😂) but when they came out, the game lagged BIG TIME (singleplayer career mode as well!) Had a huge drop in framerate and the picture quality dropped, it was like setting a youtube video from 1080p to like 360p. This is on the xbox one. Strange though, because I had loads of SC's in the F2 feeder series (almost every race) but have had hardly any in F1 (other than the 2 laggy ones at Baku. I'm now at Spa!)

Edited by MattkD37
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, PVLopes15 said:

My situation is exactly the opposite. I have seen at least one SC in every single career mode race so far. Sometimes I decide flashback to try to prevent it from happening, but it's not 100% guaranteed that it will.

I'm getting so frustrated at this point that I'm considering turning off the SC.

Same. 20 races in MyTeam, 50% distance and sim damage, I got exactly two mechanical retirements each race and literally every one of them triggers the SC. Sometimes I just get bored of it and as soon as the SC message pops up I hit flashback and voila, no more SC. I see not a single VSC yet. It's weird that others have completely the opposite experience, but something is broken in the SC mechanics that's for sure.

22 hours ago, tarrantino said:

Wrong. Just has Lando try to overtake on and lost control under DRS and smacked the wall. Also had Grosjean tap me and spin and then there was a pile up too. 

I'm still not wrong. The AI is not crash prone. When they do end up crashing, it's because they had a brain fart.

For example, the safety car in league racing comes out successfully.

• Sad 1

Could you all please post an official bug report in the bug section using the official template and posting a video.

We all know the SC is buggy but this is the only way to hope changing things.

It's not from this game only, but one thing that always annoys me is how the SC never comes out in the very last laps.

In my race in Baku, Kimi made a major mistake with 5 laps to go, crashing out and taking Norris and Ricciardo with him, and the SC wasn't deployed.

1 hour ago, PVLopes15 said:

It's not from this game only, but one thing that always annoys me is how the SC never comes out in the very last laps.

In my race in Baku, Kimi made a major mistake with 5 laps to go, crashing out and taking Norris and Ricciardo with him, and the SC wasn't deployed.

That’s what I’am talking about. CM wants video footage to investigate I don’t know how they did not encounter any issue with the SC during the tests but anyway, let’s post official bug reports to prove the SC feature is buggy (the word is weak).

Patch 1.07 fixes some issues but not all believe me.