Jump to content Jump to content

PERFORMANCE CAR UPDATE


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, DREAMACHINE said:

Codyes please fix the real car performance

They can't fix real car performance, Merc/RB/Ferrari and other teams don't allow them to mess around their real cars.

Now as for performance in the game, as mentioned in 9999.. (I don't know how many) other threads, it will be done in near future. They (CM) just need more races which gives them more data, that is used to create performance for each team. :classic_wink:

Edited by XanderSJX
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, XanderSJX said:

They can't fix real car performance, Merc/RB/Ferrari and other teams don't allow them to mess around their real cars.

Now as for performance in the game, as mentioned in 9999.. (I don't know how many) other threads, it will be done in near future. They (CM) just need more races which gives them more data, that is used to create performance for each team. :classic_wink:

Somewhere far Ferrari's engine began to cry.:classic_biggrin:

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think such a performance patch will not be liked by many people if they experience that the Mercedes is 1-1.5 seconds faster per lap than everyone else. Not even if it is reality. It should also be considered here: What should it look like in the MyTeam career in vehicle development when Mercedes is so dominant right from the start ? Nobody has a chance to catch up with them except the player's team, of course. But is it fun to see Mercedes in front in the MyTeam career for 10 years and the only real competitor for them is our own team ? I do not think so. But that would happen with such a performance patch i believe.

In a nutshell: realism is good, but too much realism can have a huge impact on fun.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, I think a performance patch (while it was what we all wanted initially) will be one of those "be careful what you wish for" scenarios, as the field will be much less balanced and could make the gameplay experience worse rather than better. I've not got very far but as I understand it, AI teams do improve in myteam so that won't be so bad, but Merc will probably be out front on their own for a while before anyone can catch up. Realistic, yes. Fun, not so much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ndrst said:

I think such a performance patch will not be liked by many people if they experience that the Mercedes is 1-1.5 seconds faster per lap than everyone else. Not even if it is reality. It should also be considered here: What should it look like in the MyTeam career in vehicle development when Mercedes is so dominant right from the start ? Nobody has a chance to catch up with them except the player's team, of course. But is it fun to see Mercedes in front in the MyTeam career for 10 years and the only real competitor for them is our own team ? I do not think so. But that would happen with such a performance patch i believe.

In a nutshell: realism is good, but too much realism can have a huge impact on fun.

I am fine with that, as long as everything is close to real life. Anyway, there will be regulation changes in My team. Lower the difficulty then if you want to catch Mercedes quicker. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ndrst said:

I think such a performance patch will not be liked by many people if they experience that the Mercedes is 1-1.5 seconds faster per lap than everyone else. Not even if it is reality. It should also be considered here: What should it look like in the MyTeam career in vehicle development when Mercedes is so dominant right from the start ? Nobody has a chance to catch up with them except the player's team, of course. But is it fun to see Mercedes in front in the MyTeam career for 10 years and the only real competitor for them is our own team ? I do not think so. But that would happen with such a performance patch i believe.

In a nutshell: realism is good, but too much realism can have a huge impact on fun.

There's an easy and realistic fix: regulation changes in 2022, which will bring down Merc in the performance charts (in-game).

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, janbonator said:

There's an easy and realistic fix: regulation changes in 2022, which will bring down Merc in the performance charts (in-game).

 
That would be an idea. The only question is : How many players want to wait so long ? Or to put it another way: How many players will actually play MyTeam until 2022 and beyond ? I believe that the overwhelming majority of players play 3 seasons if they want to achieve their goals. In the first season they want to end up in the top 15. In the second season in the top 10 and in the third season they want to beat Mercedes and become world champions. After that, all goals are achieved and MyTeam gets boring.

As far as I can see, the MyTeam mode is designed for just that. For 3, at most 4 seasons. After that, you build everything and the team is way ahead of everyone else.
Then there is no reason to continue playing.
Edited by ndrst
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ndrst said:
 
That would be an idea. The only question is : How many players want to wait so long ? Or to put it another way: How many players will actually play MyTeam until 2022 and beyond ? I believe that the overwhelming majority of players play 3 seasons if they want to achieve their goals. In the first season they want to end up in the top 15. In the second season in the top 10 and in the third season they want to beat Mercedes and become world champions. After that, all goals are achieved and MyTeam gets boring.

As far as I can see, the MyTeam mode is designed for just that. For 3, at most 4 seasons. After that, you build everything and the team is way ahead of everyone else.
Then there is no reason to continue playing.

Have not made it that far in My Team (still first season) but in F1 2019 I found that the reg changes did not do enough to level the playing field after the first one. I was generating enough R&D to counter them and by season 5 all teams were maxed out (with Racing Point being the best).

I had hoped that F1 2020 would fix this so that the teams would rebalance after 2 or 3 seasons with a major reg change coming to late to be fixed before the next season started. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

While a performance update would be nice, what I want is performance caps removed in career and my team mode.  I dont want all teams to be maxed out and williams is still last on the grid in terms of performance after 5 years, or 7, or however many year's you've played until they max out.  I want caps removed (if they do exist this year as in the past) and I want the mode to have a living, breathing performance world with no caps on how strong a team can get, or at least if there is a cap it's the same for all teams.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just add a slider for each team so player can adjust their performance individually at the beginning of the season, it'll be a game changer.

Imagine Williams being competitive again alongside Mclaren fighting Mercedes and Ferrari.

Edited by DRTApophis
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

I want caps removed (if they do exist this year as in the past) and I want the mode to have a living, breathing performance world with no caps on how strong a team can get, or at least if there is a cap it's the same for all teams.

Cap equality!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd prefer if they fixed the online ranked mode,

Why do I get time penalties when I'm enjoying my race and some noob rams the back of me, or even side swipes me to take me out, this is so anouying, 

Also I noticed if you pit under a safety car at Vietnam you get a drive through for over taking under safety car, seriously I'm in the pit lane on the pit limiter like its my fault the pit entry is like 3 corners from the end of the lap, 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dixon12376 said:

Also I noticed if you pit under a safety car at Vietnam you get a drive through for over taking under safety car, seriously I'm in the pit lane on the pit limiter like its my fault the pit entry is like 3 corners from the end of the lap, 

This is a known bug being worked on by Codemasters.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As above, being worked on. Also the collision penalty thing has been an issue for quite some time and isn't just an issue with online, but I agree that it needs fixing. How hard can it be to have the rear end of the car null and void in terms of penalties. You cannot be at fault for the impact if the impact zone on your car is the rear.

Edited by Rango
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rango said:

As above, being worked on. Also the collision penalty thing has been an issue for quite some time and isn't just an issue with online, but I agree that it needs fixing. How hard can it be to have the rear end of the car null and void in terms of penalties. You cannot be at fault for the impact if the impact zone on your car is the rear.

I'm pretty sure that if they do that everyone will start brake-checking others.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...