F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

PERFORMANCE CAR UPDATE

1 hour ago, LuigiPeceguini said:

I'm pretty sure that if they do that everyone will start brake-checking others.

Fair point. Silly me thinking that racers would play fair 😂

• Haha 1

I hope Codemasters update the game so that Stroll's team mate has to make an additional stop towards the end of the race

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Will the patch be able to reflect Vettel's ratings gradually dropping as the season develops, and he becomes steadily more fed up and less motivated?

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

Will the patch be able to reflect Vettal's ratings gradually dropping as the season develops, and he becomes steadily more fed up and less motivated?

OK mate you've gone too far.

That hurt.

A lot.

Vettel will leave before end of season with Hulk filling in 😉

• Agree 1

On 8/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, LuigiPeceguini said:

I'm pretty sure that if they do that everyone will start brake-checking others.

The game "knows" where the corners are. It shouldn't be too hard, I suppose, to make the penalty so that you don't get penalized for getting rear-ended near braking zones, but do get penalized if braking nowhere near a braking zone and someone crashes into you.

1 hour ago, Rango said:

Wouldn't bet against that

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, janbonator said:

The game "knows" where the corners are. It shouldn't be too hard, I suppose, to make the penalty so that you don't get penalized for getting rear-ended near braking zones, but do get penalized if braking nowhere near a braking zone and someone crashes into you.

Yeah, that could work.

• Agree 1

On 8/10/2020 at 2:23 PM, Rango said:

I was thinking the same. Or a replacement for Albon at Red Bull

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 4:47 PM, janbonator said:

The game knows many things, the thing is that a part of a game may not know those things (see Scope) ...but even in this case, someone could intentionally brake check you during a corner 😕 

4 hours ago, UP100 said:

The game knows many things, the thing is that a part of a game may not know those things (see Scope) ...but even in this case, someone could intentionally brake check you during a corner 😕 

That is always possible. Getting rid of stupidity of online players is not possible in a game. Now, honestly - which happens more, brake-checking or someone rear-ending you? I've yet to be properly brake checked in this game but in random lobbies I get rear ended multiple times per race and I always get a penalty for it. This is also exploited by many behind the SC. They keep nudging my diffusor and I keep racking up the penalties.. fun.

• Agree 1

On 8/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, janbonator said:

There's an easy and realistic fix: regulation changes in 2022, which will bring down Merc in the performance charts (in-game).

How are you certain that will stop Mercedes dominance 

23 hours ago, Gallearsc said:

How are you certain that will stop Mercedes dominance 

i am not. I was only presenting it as a chance for in-game re-balancing for longer careers.

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2020 at 5:12 PM, Ultra3142 said:

Will the patch be able to reflect Vettel's ratings gradually dropping as the season develops, and he becomes steadily more fed up and less motivated?

Vettel’s pace should be dropped dramatically. 94 is too much. Probably give him an 85-90 if Leclerc is maintained at 93. Other than that, I think his awareness and racecraft seem fine to me. Russell is another one whose stats seem off, and I hope they boost him. 

edit: Has anyone found the formula to calculate the overall rating of the drivers? 

Edited by Krisperfectline

On 8/25/2020 at 3:35 PM, Krisperfectline said:

Vettel’s pace should be dropped dramatically. 94 is too much. Probably give him an 85-90 if Leclerc is maintained at 93. Other than that, I think his awareness and racecraft seem fine to me. Russell is another one whose stats seem off, and I hope they boost him. 

edit: Has anyone found the formula to calculate the overall rating of the drivers? 

I did some calculations 2 months ago, and my conclusion is that overall is 10% experience, 20% racecraft, 25% awareness and 45% pace (with a small margin of error, that depends of decimals places and other things we don't know).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Adrián Cepeda said:

I did some calculations 2 months ago, and my conclusion is that overall is 10% experience, 20% racecraft, 25% awareness and 45% pace (with a small margin of error, that depends of decimals places and other things we don't know).

Damn... yea. It is consistent and accurate.

The only concern i have when they patch the performance update, will it effect directly my current Career mode (next race) or will it have effect until the next season in Career?

On 8/12/2020 at 10:44 AM, UP100 said:

The game knows many things, the thing is that a part of a game may not know those things (see Scope) ...but even in this case, someone could intentionally brake check you during a corner  😕 

What are you talking about ?!
if they hit me from behind, what have I got to do with it ?
why is the game giving me a penalty ?!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GioProductions said:

The only concern i have when they patch the performance update, will it effect directly my current Career mode (next race) or will it have effect until the next season in Career?

They'll be opt in. Just like the driver stats update. You must choose to apply it for your current saves.

Edit: I may have misinterpreted your question haha

I think they'll be applied instantly once you choose to opt in. I'm just guessing here but I think there are base stats and the progress you have on a save throughout the seasons are modifiers applied on top of them. 

Applying the changes only after the end of a season would be reasonable though.

Edited by marioho