Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

[PS4 1.12] online lap times not loading Time Trial

Yesterday updated to 1.12 hoping that this bug was fixed. But is still there, Timetrial tables are still not loading after a few laps/minutes of racing and when you finish time trail and want to go back to main menu is hung on looking for online servers... :(..

Not fun to do or start time trial mode..

On 9/28/2020 at 8:50 PM, MarkR2020 said:

Hi,

Have got 2 PS4 with exact the same problem. After starting a time trial we are able to see the time table and see the friends timetable. When you start driving and beat your time you can see the new rank. But after after driving a few minutes the connecting seems to be lost (nop updates on your new ranked place). When you go to the garage and open the time table it is nog being loaded, only "Download content" appears in the left top, but nothing happens.

My setup was/is; 

• two PS4 connecting to the same Wifi AP, Firewall and then router ISP
  • Using NAT type 2( NAT type 1 is not an option because port forwarding can only be done to 1 device.)
  • up/down 40/10mbps
  • F1 2020 v1.09
  • session code: JHEA-GECR-MAMT-CKSP

Did try to change the connectivity using wired (only on one PS4) directly to the firewall or directly to ISP router. Nothing helps, problem persist.

I'm not sure if this will help but when the time table is not "working" anymore I see in the firewall that some (a lot more then in F1 2019) traffic is being dropped because the session has timed out. Connection to port 443 to:

• ps4updptl.uk.np.community.playstation.net (IP 35.167.59.107)
  • nl-evnt-edge.np.community.playstation.net (IP 95.100.198.10)
  • ( asm.np.community.playstation.net (IP 104.99.233.101) during another session)

Played F1 2017 / 2018 and 2019 always without any problem, other games are working just fine. Just to be sure I just fired up the good old F1 2019 again to check. Start a time trial, time tables are working, drove a couple of laps went back to garage time tables are still working. Check the log again and I don't see that much connections to one of the above sites or traffic being dropped, but i see connections to  ranking-rec-i01.u0.np.community.playstation.net which i don't see in F1 2020.

Of course things have changed in F1 2020, but something is broken in fetching the time tables after a few minutes (5 minutes)/laps.

Hope this will help in trying to fixed this annoying bug for us.

Regards,

Mark

Today I was starting TT and perhaps I can confirm the quoted post by @MarkR2020 from an user point of view:

while usually I can normally see the leaderboard at the first TT enter (and then no way to reaload it after I come back to the garage "later"), today I entered TT mode but had a call so I didn't click immediately to watch the leaderboard screen, 2-3 minutes later I did it but I faced the typical issue ("loading forever"), so probably it's really a matter of "time": it works at the very beginning, something is broken later. Probably it's where it should be investigated. Just to add it @BarryBL

Have a nice day 

Edited by Nuvolarix
  • Like 1

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When i try to find my time in time trial the leaderboard disappears. If i do so before selecting the circuit i cannot start the time trial because the game keep loading

• Platform

PS4

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Game-mode?

Time trial

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yes

• How do you make the problem happen?

Trying to find my time in the leaderboard before selecting the circuit

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I tried to restart the game but now i cannot see the leaderboard

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

Logitech G29 steering wheel

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

I can show you the empty leaderboard, i don't know if it's useful @BarryBL

You may want to check your connectivity  settings on this? Can you run TT fine without checking leaderboards? Are you able to check the leaderboards at all?

I tried to start without checking leaderboard two times and seem it works, but if restart the session i have the same problem. I'm going to try not to watch the leaderboard for now.

Could you add exact replication steps here @Buscetta? Also, can you let me know your connectivity settings - NAT Type, Wired/Wireless.

Yeah if end the session and then i restart i see in the garage that the leaderboard is empty. There's also the problem that, at this point, i cannot return to the main menu of the game because keep loading the screen with written "communicating with online services". However, my NAT is 2 and i'm linked via LAN with the wireless modem. I have 30 Mbps (download) and 5 Mbps (upload).

2 hours ago, Buscetta said:

Yeah if end the session and then i restart i see in the garage that the leaderboard is empty. There's also the problem that, at this point, i cannot return to the main menu of the game because keep loading the screen with written "communicating with online services". However, my NAT is 2 and i'm linked via LAN with the wireless modem. I have 30 Mbps (download) and 5 Mbps (upload).

Thanks @Buscetta. Consider changing NAT to type 1 if possible and moving from wireless to wired, as this will help with your general online gaming experience.

• Thanks 1

It looks similar to this, isn't it?

BTW issue always there and sometimes I also get "communicating with online services" after ending a TT session to get back to the main menu. Stuck there, only fix is close the app.

Is there any chance to get a solution for this issue. I play just 7 days the game and It is totally frustrating. Version 1.12, the problem same as to all of you. Pleas help or we need to change the game.

As of version 1.14 this is better but not consistently fixed. Sometimes it works longer, but seems to stop after awhile most sessions. Feels like some kind of communications timeout or overload due to amount of data to be downloaded maybe. Please realize that NAT1 is NOT the solution. Past years has worked fine with NAT2. NAT1 means your console is connected directly to the internet, which means no firewall - that is just totally unacceptable as a solution

• Agree 1