Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[PS4 1.12] online lap times not loading Time Trial

Posted (edited)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Sometimes the online lap times are not loaded in Time Trial mode, although my line is ok and the communication with the server is on.

2.       Platform

PS4

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.08 --> 1.12

4.       Game-mode? 

Time Trial

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Every now and then
EDIT: it happens really very often, perhaps even "always" except the very first time I enter a TT session/garage

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I can do nothing, simply the lap times are not displayed and I cannot use ghost, setup, etc.

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Logitech G29, don't know it it may affect the issue

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

1 minute loading attempt attached, when it works it's enough less than a second.

Thank you, kind regards.

Nuv

Edited by Nuvolarix
upd patch number
  • Like 1

Hi @BarryBLpatch 1.08 bug always there with PS4, I did the following (and it's the typical behaviour):

1) I started Time Trial session (in France), entered session info and the lap times board was there --> success;
2) I started a lap and for the whole following hour, each time I get back to the garage, the lap times fail to load (exactly like the video I have posted before)!

Report code: GKXG-PHBK-MBPR-AASC.

Regards,
Nuv

Edited by Nuvolarix

@Nuvolarix, thanks for the top reporting. Can you provide more detail in your replication numbers. Say out of 5 tries, how many times this happens to you. Devs will need that sort of information for their internal tests.

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

@Nuvolarix, thanks for the top reporting. Can you provide more detail in your replication numbers. Say out of 5 tries, how many times this happens to you. Devs will need that sort of information for their internal tests.

@BarryBLI would say 1 out of 3 as max.

I experienced once again right now: just played some TT again (loading my car setup), did some laps, improved my best time a little bit, back to the main menu while reading your post. Then started TT again --> stuck in loading screen!

Thank you for reply and help :-)
Nuv

EDIT: this reply was about another topic, sorry :classic_blush: The answer is: always except the very first time I enter a Time Trial session/garage

Edited by Nuvolarix
wrong reply/topic

T

Thanks Nuv. The reason we ask is so we can understand how often we expect to see it in testing. Also, I don't have a PS4 at home, so it has to be passed on for testing and I can't do myself. I've tried on Xbox and PC and seems to work okay from my experience.

14 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

T

Thanks Nuv. The reason we ask is so we can understand how often we expect to see it in testing. Also, I don't have a PS4 at home, so it has to be passed on for testing and I can't do myself. I've tried on Xbox and PC and seems to work okay from my experience.

@BarryBL I'm sorry, I confused the two topic I was writing about... :classic_blush:

here how often is always except the very first time I enter the Time Trial!

I'm going to edit the first post & the "other" topic too. Sorry again

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

T

For troubleshooting purposes I'll add that I don't have this problem on my PS4, so it's affecting some users rather than all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

For troubleshooting purposes I'll add that I don't have this problem on my PS4, so it's affecting some users rather than all.

Good feedback @Ultra3142, helps me being troubleshooting for the user 👍

You may want to post a version of the Multiplayer template, as it could be a connection issue potentially. From Ultra's feedback, this could be problematic to reproduce. Can you add your Connectivity Settings (NAT Type, Wired/Wireless etc) please @Nuvolarix

Do the times still log by the way? If you improve your time, leave session, re-boot game, and view session, is your new better time there?

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Good feedback @Ultra3142, helps me being troubleshooting for the user 👍

You may want to post a version of the Multiplayer template, as it could be a connection issue potentially. From Ultra's feedback, this could be problematic to reproduce. Can you add your Connectivity Settings (NAT Type, Wired/Wireless etc) please @Nuvolarix

Do the times still log by the way? If you improve your time, leave session, re-boot game, and view session, is your new better time there?

@BarryBL, I'm under a router (ethernet connection) but without any port forward to my PS4... Just had the idea and found this https://portforward.com/f1-2020/: 

should I forward these ports (taken from the link)?

F1 2020 - Playstation 4

• TCP: 1935,3478-3480
  • UDP: 3074,3478-3479

About your question: yes, my best times are correctly saved.

Thanks again,

Nuv

Just now, Nuvolarix said:

@BarryBL, I'm under a router (ethernet connection) but without any port forward to my PS4... Just had the idea and found this https://portforward.com/f1-2020/: 

should I forward these ports (taken from the link)?

F1 2020 - Playstation 4

• TCP: 1935,3478-3480
  • UDP: 3074,3478-3479

About your question: yes, my best times are correctly saved. 

Thanks again,

Nuv

Whats your NAT type as well Nuv if poss please 🙂 

4 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Whats your NAT type as well Nuv if poss please 🙂 

Should I get this info from the PS4 itself?

Ok, found it, it's NAT type 2, @BarryBLshould I work on it to achieve type 1?

Thanks

Img_3245.thumb.jpg.e700d2c0bd29dd6bf99e08f7373f5885.jpg

Edited by Nuvolarix

4 minutes ago, Nuvolarix said:

Ok, found it, it's NAT type 2, @BarryBLshould I work on it to achieve type 1?

Thanks

Img_3245.thumb.jpg.e700d2c0bd29dd6bf99e08f7373f5885.jpg

Yeah, Type 1 would be my first recommendation here.

Just to update topic to 1.09 patch, issue always there, no way to fix on my side :classic_unsure:

On 9/24/2020 at 7:17 AM, Nuvolarix said:

Just to update topic to 1.09 patch, issue always there, no way to fix on my side :classic_unsure:

Did you try making the change to NAT 1 that Barry suggested?

I cannot manage to get NAT1: the PS4 is connected to a router via ethernet which is connected to a 2nd modem/router (always via ethernet) which get the internet line and has all the ports opened and redirected to the router below.

But it looks I cannot directly (in the PS4) use the login PPPoE of the modem/router, it doesn’t work 🙁

I’m wondering if anyone having this issue is really in NAT 2 or if for everyone in NAT 2 isn’t working though...

Thanks for reply.

Greetings,

Nuv

Edited by Nuvolarix

23 minutes ago, Nuvolarix said:

I cannot manage to get NAT1: the PS4 is connected to a router via ethernet which is connected to a 2nd modem/router (always via ethernet) which get the internet line and has all the ports opened and redirected to the router below.

But it looks I cannot directly (in the PS4) use the login PPPoE of the modem/router, it doesn’t work 🙁

I’m wondering if anyone having this issue is really in NAT 2 or if for everyone in NAT 2 isn’t working though...

I have no problems on PS4 using NAT 2.

8 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I have no problems on PS4 using NAT 2.

That’s the point IMHO. Thank you for the info

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

That’s the point IMHO. Thank you for the info

I believe there are scenarios where NAT 1 works better though, hence Barry's suggestion.

Sorry I can't be more help.

• Agree 1

Hi,

Have got 2 PS4 with exact the same problem. After starting a time trial we are able to see the time table and see the friends timetable. When you start driving and beat your time you can see the new rank. But after after driving a few minutes the connecting seems to be lost (nop updates on your new ranked place). When you go to the garage and open the time table it is nog being loaded, only "Download content" appears in the left top, but nothing happens.

My setup was/is; 

• two PS4 connecting to the same Wifi AP, Firewall and then router ISP
  • Using NAT type 2( NAT type 1 is not an option because port forwarding can only be done to 1 device.)
  • up/down 40/10mbps
  • F1 2020 v1.09
  • session code: JHEA-GECR-MAMT-CKSP

Did try to change the connectivity using wired (only on one PS4) directly to the firewall or directly to ISP router. Nothing helps, problem persist.

I'm not sure if this will help but when the time table is not "working" anymore I see in the firewall that some (a lot more then in F1 2019) traffic is being dropped because the session has timed out. Connection to port 443 to:

• ps4updptl.uk.np.community.playstation.net (IP 35.167.59.107)
  • nl-evnt-edge.np.community.playstation.net (IP 95.100.198.10)
  • ( asm.np.community.playstation.net (IP 104.99.233.101) during another session)

Played F1 2017 / 2018 and 2019 always without any problem, other games are working just fine. Just to be sure I just fired up the good old F1 2019 again to check. Start a time trial, time tables are working, drove a couple of laps went back to garage time tables are still working. Check the log again and I don't see that much connections to one of the above sites or traffic being dropped, but i see connections to  ranking-rec-i01.u0.np.community.playstation.net which i don't see in F1 2020.

Of course things have changed in F1 2020, but something is broken in fetching the time tables after a few minutes (5 minutes)/laps.

Hope this will help in trying to fixed this annoying bug for us.

Regards,

Mark

Edited by MarkR2020
  • Agree 1

I’m also still having this issue. COnsistently. No exceptions. PS4 PRO

After about 5 laps the times don’t download when returned to garage (i always drive back to pit lane) and the rival doesn’t update in the session if you beat him. Faster time does get recorded. Only fix is to completely exit the game and restart.

This need to completely exit is new for 1.09.

In 1.08 same problem, symptoms but you could quit the time trial and start over or start a different session, then it would work again

type 2 NAT, speeds 100-150mbs down, 10mbs up

tried using the Google public DNS addresses instead of just the DHCP router - same result

this is very frustrating as i use TT to try different setups

• Agree 2

Hi all,

I’m confident that this is the same underlying issue as this recent post.

Just to reiterate the above points, this is not a 1.08 or 1.09 issue. I made a post surrounding this in July

Once the time trial leaderboards stop showing up, then after leaving the Time Trial the game forever hangs on “Communicating with Online Services”. Also, if I play, say, multiplayer for an extended period of time, after leaving the lobby I’ll get “Communicating with Online Services” forever hanging again.

Apologies for jumping onto these forum posts, but this has been an issue that a lot of us have been suffering with since launch, and it’d be much appreciated if this could be looked at as a bug, and not simply a client-side connection issue (although that may play a part). 

Thanks

• Agree 2

Hi Worthingtonio,

Thanks for the link to your topic. I've read it and yes this seems to be the same problem. Somehow the connection to 1 or more servers is lost and not reestablished.

Hope there will be a fixed with the new release...