Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Pc shutting down while playing

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

Hi everyone, first of all sorry for my bad english. I'm having a big issue while playing F1 2020, in my team or even in time trial while running my pc suddendly turns off. This never happened in other AAA games and in the previous versions of the game also never happened. I must specify that the PC is an hp gaming laptop and it is brand new. I've tried to update all the drivers (GPU, bios ecc...), i've even checked the temperatures but are fine so i don't think is a pc problem. Thanks for the help

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

3.       Game-mode?

My team, time trial

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

It is just casual while playing.

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen?

At least seven times in three days.

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post.

As i said i've tried to update all the drivers (BIOS, GPU, ecc...) and tried to check the temperatures while playing but they are fine.

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

Wheel, thrusthmaster RGT FFB pro clutch.

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

No can't predict this.

I've also tried to run in different DX modes and changing the graphics settings but didn't work.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Can you add a DXDiag please @WarningMan. Have you also tried putting 'F1 2020' into the website https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ to test if it will run. 

That site does NOT give the minimum specification that is on Steam. The inserted below is the Steam text for F1 2020*.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

Processor: Intel Core i3 2130 / AMD FX 4300

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GT 640 / AMD HD 7750 (DirectX11 Graphics Card)

Storage: 80 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Additional Notes: Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive

RECOMMENDED:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

Processor: Intel Core i5 9600K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

Memory: 16 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti / AMD RX 590 (DirectX12 Graphics Card)

Storage: 80 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Additional Notes: Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive

I'd also argue it's incorrect, you don't need a DVD-ROM if you're downloading from Steam so it's a copy 'n' paste.

* Plus, you've changed it as it was i3-4130 as well....

Edited by steviejay69
Steam specification has been edited!

Just now, BarryBL said:

Good point, removed. A DXDiag would be great @WarningMan 

Just cross-posted, the Steam text has been changed. This was not the specification earlier.

Posted (edited)

Here it is @BarryBL. By the way my pc runs the game on high and ultra high at 60 fps so I don't think is a system requirement problem 🙂

DxDiag.txt

Edited by WarningMan

On 8/6/2020 at 1:08 PM, WarningMan said:

Here it is @BarryBL. By the way my pc runs the game on high and ultra high at 60 fps so I don't think is a system requirement problem 🙂

DxDiag.txt

The Vega 8 is rated equivalent to 940MX/MX150, it is an integrated graphics solution. I recommend turning the graphics down to Ultra Low or Low.

The one thing that stopped me getting a Ryzen mobile is the initial CPUs had very poor power management and heat issues. Pretty much what plagued the equivalent Intel era (Kaby Lake R/Coffee Lake).

Check your thermal solutions, I almost always strip back the heatsinks and apply known good TIM.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, shockedfrog said:

@steviejay69 You've not read his post and misread his DxDiag - he's got a GTX 1650 which runs the game fine and he's already checked the temperatures.

I would check the hardware_settings_config.xml and see which GPU is detected. It should show up in the game settings.

Edited by steviejay69
laptops don't have 'cards', lazy term lol

4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I would check the hardware_settings_config.xml and see which GPU is detected. It should show up in the game settings.

I've checked it, the game uses the Nvidia GTX 1650. If i was using the integrated GPU I couldn't run it at high like I said in the first post ahahaha

• Thanks 1

Then again, I would suggest if there is no improvement with 1.07 try reverting (DDU) to the older 446.14 driver. Or update Windows to 2004 (patches are due for W10 tomorrow).

• Agree 2