Question about no traction control

Hello all!

I have a Logitech G29 steering wheel set.
I'd love to turn off the traction control assist. Currently I set it on medium.
But my throttle seems to be to sensitive when I turn traction control off. As soon as I hit the throttle the car starts spinning.

What settings do you use?
I can't seem to make it work properly.

Thx in adance!

This is normal when you switch off TC.

All you have to do is practice, practice and practice gain. Last year I ran with TC on but I manage this year to switch it off. Be patient. Gently apply throttle and wait for your wheel to be straight before going to 100%. You can also try to short shift to 3, even 4th gear where you can floor the throttle.

Patience is key but I can tell you this is rewarding. Think of using flashback at the beginning.

Where do you have the throttle linearity set? If it's on zero you may find increasing this helps. The effect will be that you'll need more movement towards the start of the pedal range to reach the same throttle input level, which may give you more control.

One more thing you can do is setting your on throttle differential to 50%.

dude at the top is right, you just have to get mad used to it. its hard as  hell watching you slip further and further away from ur ghostrs . . .but then that day will come where you go in and out of the corner and start to see the green daddy!

I have the same wheel and once the game came out, I was driving without ABS and TC in a week as to not get used to flooring it on every exit.

Practice is key as mentioned here. I do feel faster (except in wet conditions) I do feel that the throttle pedal is too sensitive and the brakes are too hard. 

I read this somewhere, but when you apply the throttle from a low speed corner, imagine there's an egg below your pedal and try not to crack it as you exit. Apply the full throttle when your car is straightened out. 

My settings would be as follows:

Calibration:

Everything at 0 except: Brake Saturation = 40

Vibration & Force Feedback:

Strength = 90

On-track effects = 40

Rumble strip effects = 20 

Off-track effects = 15

Wheel Damper = 65

Understeer enhance = Off

Maximum Wheel Rotation = 360

I constantly update this to find the ideal one. Still a work in progress but it helps.'

Good luck and have fun!

Don't start changing throttle linearity because you will get used to that and put you at a disadvantage for other games ad future F1 games.

Turn the TC off, go into time trial and just practice. You will spin and spin and hate it but there will come a moment where it just clicks and you will know how to control it.

The pedal being sensitive is actually a good thing because you will be able to learn to use it to accelerate faster out of corners.

12 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

Don't start changing throttle linearity because you will get used to that and put you at a disadvantage for other games ad future F1 games.

Turn the TC off, go into time trial and just practice. You will spin and spin and hate it but there will come a moment where it just clicks and you will know how to control it.

The pedal being sensitive is actually a good thing because you will be able to learn to use it to accelerate faster out of corners.

I should think we can be pretty confident that future F1 games will have the same adjustment?

On 9/8/2020 at 7:58 AM, Ultra3142 said:

I should think we can be pretty confident that future F1 games will have the same adjustment?

I would like to think Codemasters update their throttle and power application settings year to year...but this is Codemasters we are talking about.

2 hours ago, USPBauer24 said:

I would like to think Codemasters update their throttle and power application settings year to year...but this is Codemasters we are talking about.

Not really sure what you're getting at. This is basic functionality that is either there or it isn't.

Im on a g29. You need to fiddle with throttle linearity. I add 13 - 15 to have a softer initial throttle input. But pratice will be needed still.

Also diff at 50 is not optimal as many tend to recommend. I never run under 60% unless im nearing a pit. The higher you can run it the better bite you get on throttle. But it the forgiveness will be lower. At race start you can almost lock the diff (85-90) to get the best start. But you need to turn it down fast before entering turn 1 or after hitting 4th gear.

No tc in the rain. I bump linearity to 17 or 20 and lower diff to 55 for more forgiving in puddles lolll.

Youll need 20 30 races to get the feel. But after thst you hould love the advantage over tc players when your exiting that curb.