F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

technical failure

i have a question.
have you ever had a technical failure in 25% race in career mode ?

if so, how do I provoke them?

Ai is constantly dnf due to technical problems, but me never...

4 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

i have a question.
have you ever had a technical failure in 25% race in career mode ?

if so, how do I provoke them?

Ai is constantly dnf due to technical problems, but me never...

The only way a player can have a technical or mechanical failure is if the part reaches 100% wear.

It's been a request for quite a while to have random stuff happen to the player as well as the AI, so you're not alone. 🙂

• Agree 4

I personally retire from a session when I have a drs failure to simulate a mechanical failure. It happens once or twice a season which is usually around how often the AI retire

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

26 minutes ago, Cook95 said:

I personally retire from a session when I have a drs failure to simulate a mechanical failure. It happens once or twice a season which is usually around how often the AI retire

Or when the gear have very delay to change gears.

7 hours ago, DrDraken said:

The only way a player can have a technical or mechanical failure is if the part reaches 100% wear.

It's been a request for quite a while to have random stuff happen to the player as well as the AI, so you're not alone. 🙂

already happens to the AI bruh, just not the user.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, LuigiPeceguini said:

That's...what he said bruh.

No he didnt, bruh. Random stuff already happens to the AI

Bruh

On 8/6/2020 at 6:17 PM, DrDraken said:

yeah i know, but seeing AI dnf at shanghai makes me wonder how can the ai have 100% wear after 2 races?

i mean, mechanical faiures are a huge part of the sport. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

yeah i know, but seeing AI dnf at shanghai makes me wonder how can the ai have 100% wear after 2 races?

i mean, mechanical faiures are a huge part of the sport. 

Agreed.  I think we should have things happen to us.  Unfortunately, many people would complain because "it's a game and why would a racing game prevent me from racing?" so it's a bit of a weird one for Codemasters.

How about an option to turn on Random Failures for the player?

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, creweutah said:

No he didnt, bruh. Random stuff already happens to the AI

Bruh

Bruh that's bruh exactly bruh what bruh he bruh said: 

On 8/6/2020 at 1:17 PM, DrDraken said:

to the player as well as the AI

I strongly believe that with "as well as the AI" he meant "in the same way it happens to the AI".

Bruh.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DrDraken said:

How about an option to turn on Random Failures for the player?

Yes, that's exactly what I think would be a good addition to the game. It would be just like turning damage on or off.

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Yes, that's exactly what I think would be a good addition to the game. It would be just like turning damage on or off.

I remember F1 2006 had that option...or am I mistaken?

On 8/6/2020 at 8:31 PM, Cook95 said:

Really good idea. Thanks for inspiration.

22 hours ago, DrDraken said:

ink we should have things happen to us.  Unfortunately, many people would complain because "it's a game and why would a racing game prevent me from racing?" so it's a bi

it doesn't have to be "prevent from racing" we should be able to switch it on or off, like car damage options.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

It's a shame this doesn't happen. 

Project Cars has an option in the menu for a level of damage that can put you out of the race, and their damage model is very good / frustrating / makes you want to cry in a corner. 

Sony's last bash at an F1 game many moons ago had this, remember having my gearbox being stuck in 4th or something like that with 8 laps to go leading in Turkey (remember that??!?!) and it was incredibly tense, a lot of fun. Also had engine failures for the player as well. 

All in all, similar to what someone was saying earlier that they retire after a DRS failure and consider that a mechanical failure, I tend to knack up at 2 of the street courses so I count those as my DNF's for the year to level up with the AI lol. 

Edited by KNT2011
  • Like 1