Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 PC Patch - 10/07/15

Lima8 said:
Lima8 said:
and the fix for the controls? My control is getting insane
, impossible to play, it has own life and loves to take me straight to the wall
Hi, are you playing the PC version of the game? It seems like I am having a similar issue on PS4. Yesterday the game played and controlled great. Today I started getting some sort of an input lag first and then the controls went berserk! Having their own life kind of describes it, however it also feels like a huge and inconsistent input lag followed by input "sticking" for a moment and basically sending me out to the wall, out of control.

Today I started using voice commands using the official bundled PS4 ear and mic. This kind of coincided with my issue. The frame rate also seemed not as smooth and navigating the menus became a pain (non-responsive, slow). It almost felt like a memory leak or something, so I restarted the console however this didn't really fix it. It's not as bad, however the input lag is still there! I don't remember experiencing it yesterday at all. :-(
PC. Terrible play that way.
Someone told me that this problem only stopped after he placed the original XBox control, other variants was making the game close.
Mine is a XBox control, but different manufacturer.
Thanks for your response. Let's hope this issue gets identified on all platforms.

Bhask012 said:
Nothing about Steam problems that doesn't let you launch the game??
I have that with most of the Codemasters F1 games, first time you launch the game nothing happens. If you do ctrl+alt+del, choose Task Manager and kill the running F1 game executable then it'll then fire up! Not sure about F1 2015 though, as haven't had chance to even install it yet!

Cool, I have the benchmark one, going to get patch now and see if it fixes it :)

Can we please get the voice-activated comms with the pit crew for the PC version like the consoles? Even if it's Windows 10-only (Win10 should have built-in voice recognition API like the XB1). 

http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2014/09/23/cortana-integration-and-speech-recognition-new-code-samples/
The Windows Runtime API enables you to integrate your app with Cortana and make use of Cortana’s voice commands, speech recognition, and speech synthesis (text-to-speech, or TTS).

@LiteralZero 
Can you please confirm that you know and working on problem with Force Feedback for Logitech wheels on PC? Feedback is very weak. wheel is so light. I heard Dirt rally on lauch had same problem and you fixed it.

Can we please get the voice-activated comms with the pit crew for the PC version like the consoles? Even if it's Windows 10-only (Win10 should have built-in voice recognition API like the XB1). 

http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2014/09/23/cortana-integration-and-speech-recognition-new-code-samples/
The Windows Runtime API enables you to integrate your app with Cortana and make use of Cortana’s maybe for 2016 they might voice commands, speech recognition, and speech synthesis (text-to-speech, or TTS).
Maybe for 2016 they might but I wouldn't hold your breath about it appearing in 2015. Now the games out it's about patching all the bugs or at least as many as they're able to and importing the updated data for the 2015 season when it's required.

To be honest i'm not really confident that CM will be able to fix the majority of glitches.. they keep on piling and piling. 

To be honest i'm not really confident that CM will be able to fix the majority of glitches.. they keep on piling and piling. 
well as long as most of the glaring ones are dealt with then I think it'll be fine.

Hopefully especially those pit lane ones.. I've been pretty lucky with the offline errors but the pitlane always pops up a surprise!
Another issue for me is the flashbacks, the shift from 30fps to 60fps makes your car shoot out of a canon.

Online is a different story. On one race, I had rain while my friend had clear and dry weather. in the exact same race and since he set up the AI they all had super softs and it was pouring rain on my screen while I had intermediates.

MrIvs said:
Really good to see a patch so quickly. Will you guys be adding in the safety car at some point? Also updating the 2014 cars to Abu Dhabi spec?? as they are still 2014 pre-season spec
Really? A patch so quickly shows clearly NO TESTING was done before release. You thank them for that?? Like....reeeeeeally????

I've finally encountered my first glitch. Upon exiting the pits during a race and when I've finally regained control of the car and attempt to upshift, the car downshifts to 2nd gear for some reason. I honestly can't remember if this was before or after the most recent update.

There has been a tiny bit of lag in single player but I'm not sure whether it's my system doing something in the background or the game hitting limits or something as I do have all my graphics settings on ultra. So far it hasn't been enough to cause concern but the pit issue was a little disconcerting.

Why is it so blurry on PC (1080p, Ultra High preset)?
Also, why is there no option to use MSAA rather than SMAA or TAA?

mmpaw37 said:

@LiteralZero...

And the Sauber steering wheel...? - At least confirm you've understood the request and informed the developers m8 :/

Thanks m8!

FFS, stop nagging about steering wheel! Better to nagg about missing FFB and all of the other driving problems!
Game is a complete mess, feels like a dead fish (on PC) in handling and that's more important then any graphic error!
How everything looks is not important for now, better fix that stupid handling so we can race properly.
And where the hell did RIDE HEIGHT setup go???? All cars use same ride height, and why not all of the other settings to?? No need to adjust any settings I presume? Same for all? OMG......  

I am utter disappointed about the game!
To release a game that is in this state is not good. Not even fixing FFB before release is a big mistake.
Everything is about handling! And if it fails, game is not worth playing until it is fixed. Only using it for look at fancy graphic and sliding around track without any feeling of what the car will do, is not an option!
I do not care if  a steering wheel or any other graphical thing is not 100% correct, I only focus on handling and how to make the best setup possible, but, how can you do it when setup settings is a piece of simplicity for novice and not for ppl that want to tweak almost everything on car. Missing a vital component like ride height is a joke!
I know this is a console porting and we have to suffer for that on PC, but look at Project Cars, they manage to make a game so full of handling and possibility to set it up as you like, that you think you drive a real car!
I am using a Thrustmaster TX wheel with F1 steering wheel on it, for what use? All those buttons on my wheel and I can't configure more then a few buttons on it! Because the game is build for consoles, and they do not have all those nice buttons with labels on. Trying to change brake balance or fuel on a d-pad on a REAL wheel and not a controller, is a idiotic mess, so, why not let me decide which button on my wheel I would want to use for it?? I did not buy my fancy wheel for use on a simple game. I want realism! Not some preset binding of buttons.
And for that matter, the only thing u see in steering wheel's display in game is gears. But in real life there's a lot of information on it. And you will never see anything else in it, because CM can't deliver realism. Better fill the screen with a lot of windows so you can see what you do on track.
BTW, I NEVER use any other view then cockpit view, for realism's sake, as always!! REALISM RULES, everything else is fake and should be banned......

All of you that compare project cars to f1 2015 are aware that project cars was in development for over 4 years yes?

omac1984 said:
All of you that compare project cars to f1 2015 are aware that project cars was in development for over 4 years yes?
And F1 has bin available for years and going in wrong direction...
When you compare those two, F1 would be a better game today, but they do not listen to community as Pcars did. Therefor Pcars is much better develop today then F1 is, and they do NOT port it to PC from console. Therefor it always gone be a better game in tweaking it to your specifications regarding handling and setup.
F1 is, if it works, the best game regarding Formula 1 games, but, shame to CM, they do not meet the standard for it.
If Pcars would take over F1, then they already have a base for it that will give all of you a better game then we got now. Handling in Pcars is far more better then CM game today. Driving a Formula A in Pcars is so much better then this, but it is NOT the Formula 1 of today. And that is what we all want to drive.

What I think would be patched first!
1. FFB
2. Any game crashes!
3. Multiplayer problems.
4. Corner cutting. Including flag rules that black flag you when reversing from outside track. :smile: 
5. Rework car settings for better setup of car, need more settings.
> 10. Glitches and other graphical error.

First of all I want to give you compliments about this new F1 game. Now my problem. I've started a Championship Season. I've used before mid-saving 2 times the option tyre. After pitting for my prime tyre I mid-saved the game. A couple of hours later I want to finish my race. It became a good 2nd place except i'm disqualified from the race at the last lap because I don't used the both dry tyre compounds. That's a big frustration. I drive for 1,5 hours for nothing. Please help me or other people to solve this bug

Lima8 said:
Lima8 said:
and the fix for the controls? My control is getting insane
, impossible to play, it has own life and loves to take me straight to the wall
Hi, are you playing the PC version of the game? It seems like I am having a similar issue on PS4. Yesterday the game played and controlled great. Today I started getting some sort of an input lag first and then the controls went berserk! Having their own life kind of describes it, however it also feels like a huge and inconsistent input lag followed by input "sticking" for a moment and basically sending me out to the wall, out of control.

Today I started using voice commands using the official bundled PS4 ear and mic. This kind of coincided with my issue. The frame rate also seemed not as smooth and navigating the menus became a pain (non-responsive, slow). It almost felt like a memory leak or something, so I restarted the console however this didn't really fix it. It's not as bad, however the input lag is still there! I don't remember experiencing it yesterday at all. :-(
PC. Terrible play that way.
Someone told me that this problem only stopped after he placed the original XBox control, other variants was making the game close.
Mine is a XBox control, but different manufacturer.
Thanks for your response. Let's hope this issue gets identified on all platforms.
I found a temporary solution to my problem, may help you.
Im opening the game without connecting the control, connect only after loading.

They still aren't as bad as EA at removing stuff from their games. Take FIFA, they take out something at the last minute, like a tournament mode, and then reintroduce it in a later version saying how it is a brand new feature, lol. EA are masters at this.

Crowsy said:
They still aren't as bad as EA at removing stuff from their games. Take FIFA, they take out something at the last minute, like a tournament mode, and then reintroduce it in a later version saying how it is a brand new feature, lol. EA are masters at this.
but EA patch their games...F1 2014 no patch...some bugs from F1 2014 (old engine) are in F1 2015 (new engine) xD xD xD
and don't forget CM silence and lack of info about F1 2015...now we see why they do that...its too funny xD

burn CM burn xD

Crowsy said:
but EA patch their games...F1 2014 no patch...
Other games was patched, 2014 it is just stump, that nobody need.