F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Completely unfair

I'm in my 5th season in my team now and have completed all r&d departments, the new rule changes have come in and its wiped out all of the power, aero & chassis how the hell is that fair I've got no chance of getting them back now and that's gonna put me near the bottom in 3 r&d departments 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, chucky123456789 said:

I'm in my 5th season in my team now and have completed all r&d departments, the new rule changes have come in and its wiped out all of the power, aero & chassis how the hell is that fair I've got no chance of getting them back now and that's gonna put me near the bottom in 3 r&d departments 

That's the way it is i guess XD for me that is good cause if you are on top all time, it's getting boring 

• Agree 2

Would you rather just race the next 5 seasons in the mode with a maxed out car that never changes and makes the whole R&D component of the mode useless? 

Think of it this way... the 2021, now 2022 complete new car design just hit your game.  Time to suck it up and build yourself a new car and start over.  Guess what, the rest of the teams will do the same.  So earn those R&D points, adapt those parts and build your car the best you can. 

I'm confused why you're complaining about something that's designed to give the longevity in the mode, and also in a nutshell mimics real life F1 in a way

• Agree 4

Regulation changes affect the AI too to varying degrees. I have yet to get that further of a season on any of my saves but I guess that's somewhat baked in the RNG of the game.

As in the further you are on the save, the higher the chance of having a wide reg change. As long as the AI is similarly affected, with a few teams being hit hard while others suffer moderate setbacks, I seriously don't mind as there's only so much the game can do in it's current state to keep the performance charts alive.

3 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Would you rather just race the next 5 seasons in the mode with a maxed out car that never changes and makes the whole R&D component of the mode useless? 

Think of it this way... the 2021, now 2022 complete new car design just hit your game.  Time to suck it up and build yourself a new car and start over.  Guess what, the rest of the teams will do the same.  So earn those R&D points, adapt those parts and build your car the best you can. 

I'm confused why you're complaining about something that's designed to give the longevity in the mode, and also in a nutshell mimics real life F1 in a way

Obviously I don't expect not to get regulation changes but to wipe out all my parts from 3 r&d facilities is a bit much, at least give the player a chance to get them back

1. Didn't you get a chance to adapt each upgrade for the new regulations at a 50% cost and a deadline of "n" weeks to do so? I've literally never seen a case wherein the player didn't have the change to adapt their upgrades and a reasonable deadline to do so.
  2. Doesn't the regulation changes apply to all the other teams as well? 
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, marioho said:
  1. Didn't you get a chance to adapt each upgrade for the new regulations at a 50% cost and a deadline of "n" weeks to do so? I've literally never seen a case wherein the player didn't have the change to adapt their upgrades and a reasonable deadline to do so.
  2. Doesn't the regulation changes apply to all the other teams as well? 

1. Yeah but that 60 to 70 parts I have to adapt and each part is 250 to 550 r&d points each and I have 2 races left to adapt them

2. They do but I doubt it will be as much as what I've been hit with 

But thats the reason for regulation changes. Choose the most important ones for you and as many as you can adapt. I think it's the same for AI.

I always find it a bit boring that you can always adapt all parts after regulation changes, except there are three departments involved. First time i've heard about so much changes.

It's customary to receive a heads up of an incoming regulation changes midway through the season in the form of an email. You did not receive it? It usually comes around Japan GP in a 22 round season. Season length is irrelevant though, you should receive a heads up whether on a 22, 16 or 10 round season.

Disregarding the heads up, you still have a deadline of weeks (plural) to adapt and secure the upgrades at risk.

If you had already maxed out your R&D sheet, what did you do with the remaining and ever-increasing resource points? You should be sitting on a pile of them by now.

And the AI is notorious for being incompetent at salvaging upgrades, with many teams choosing to keep developing new parts instead of securing the ones at risk. You can see this in the performance chart: if their lines keep increasing, they're developing new parts. 

Nah mate, that has a distinct smell of human error to me. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, marioho said:

It's customary to receive a heads up of an incoming regulation changes midway through the season in the form of an email. You did not receive it? It usually comes around Japan GP in a 22 round season. Season length is irrelevant though, you should receive a heads up whether on a 22, 16 or 10 round season.

Disregarding the heads up, you still have a deadline of weeks (plural) to adapt and secure the upgrades at risk.

If you had already maxed out your R&D sheet, what did you do with the remaining and ever-increasing resource points? You should be sitting on a pile of them by now.

And the AI is notorious for being incompetent at salvaging upgrades, with many teams choosing to keep developing new parts instead of securing the ones at risk. You can see this in the performance chart: if their lines keep increasing, they're developing new parts. 

Nah mate, that has a distinct smell of human error to me. 

Yeah I've got 8000 resource points but that only scratched the surface and I have 2 races left to find the rest, how the hell is getting hit with that many regulation changes human error

Posted (edited)

Mate, I may be absurdly wrong here, but I never ever ever heard of a reg change exploding in the player lap with such a meagre time left to secure the affected upgrades.

In no way I'm saying that we are always able to bulldozer our way through every reg change. Just that (1) you do have the chance so secure your most important upgrades plus a bunch of minor ones as long as you've not being oblivious to all the emails and voice messages buzzing in your screen warning you of incoming regulation changes and that (2) the AI will be as much affected as you, and chances are to an even worse degree, barring you actually being oblivious to all the emails and voice messages buzzing in your screen warning you of incoming regulation changes.

What were you expecting to do on the 5 seasons left anyway? Haha stare at static team rankings to the point of having burn-in in your display?

Anyway, if you drop from 1st place to last at the performance charts next season please file in a bug report in the appropriate forum as I'm having a hard time believing that's the intended behavior.

Edit: Actually, you should attach screenshots of both your R&D tree and the performance charts. I'm not joking when I say that I may be wrong here and if that's indeed the case I'd love to see how the AI has been proceeding since such a hard hitting reg. changes was rolled by the RNG sadistic spirits in your save.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1