Jump to content Jump to content

Fanatec Wheel Display Tuning

SavageXRDS

Hello fellow Fanatec users!

As far as I understand, there is still no Fanalab support for F1 2020...which in and of itself is a bit ridiculous as Fanatec is an official sponsor of this franchise. I am aware that @EnsiFerrum posted a workaround for getting Fanalab to work in Career, Grand Prix, and Time Trial mode with the 2019 UDP, but there is still no way to marry it to the 2020 UDP used in My Team and Multiplayer.

Now, the majority of the wheel LED defaults are perfectly fine by me and don't need to be tuned in Fanalab, but the thing that is frustrating me a little bit is the display in the center of the wheel. I'd love to see the gear I am in as the default display and have the position I am in pop up briefly whenever said position changes. Unfortunately, at the moment, I am stuck staring at the car's speed, which does more to distract than inform me.

Thus, I am curious if anyone has found a way to tune this display without the use of Fanalab (as that seems to currently be a non-starter).

Thanks in advance to any input anyone is able to provide.

Isn't that a fanatec issue though, rather than CM? The default out of the box settings I mean. I'm interested as I hope to be able to get a Fanatec setup eventually but am on console so it's good to know these things. 

Might be worth raising it as a bug in the systems and connectivity thread? 

43 minutes ago, Rango said:

Isn't that a fanatec issue though, rather than CM? The default out of the box settings I mean. I'm interested as I hope to be able to get a Fanatec setup eventually but am on console so it's good to know these things. 

Might be worth raising it as a bug in the systems and connectivity thread? 

No. The implementation by CM of the Fanatec SDK is in my eyes wrong. On Project Cars 2, I have gear instead of speed.

Generally speaking, I think it is a little bit of both sides here. Codemasters and Fanatec should work a bit more closely together to make a solution. This is an issue that has been raised on the Fanatec forums, so I don't want to beat a dead horse there - I was just curious if any of the brilliant minds in the F1 gaming community have managed to Frankenstein some sort of back-door solution.

I feel like the best way to go about this is for Fanatec to include some display options in the tuning menu on the wheels. Just like I can set my force feedback values, FEI, brake pressure, etc by going through the menus on the wheel rim, I should also be able to set the default display information there as well.

And Phil, I have no idea how the PS4 folks even deal with half this nonsense. I've been hearing murmurs that half the thumb encoders still don't work...

Archived