Jump to content

Autosave during offline races

Recommended Posts

I suggest this based on my yesterdays experience. I had nice race in spain race ended and game softlocked just before standings. (black screen) Of course game do not saved this "race" and i have to drive this race again. So i suggest that game should autosave progress in race in about 10m-15m time stamps. This will prevent situations like this. About this bug i had same situatuion in f1 2017 once and also once in f1 2019. This is so rarely so there is no way to replicate that so i think there is no sense to report this in bug section of the forum.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 1:12 PM, TNTMati said:

I suggest this based on my yesterdays experience. I had nice race in spain race ended and game softlocked just before standings. (black screen) Of course game do not saved this "race" and i have to drive this race again. So i suggest that game should autosave progress in race in about 10m-15m time stamps. This will prevent situations like this. About this bug i had same situatuion in f1 2017 once and also once in f1 2019. This is so rarely so there is no way to replicate that so i think there is no sense to report this in bug section of the forum.

Or just manually save, once in while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nas00 said:

Or just manually save, once in while.

You already can do this (manually) with the mid race save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RS Phil said:

You already can do this (manually) with the mid race save.

That was my point. Once in a while mid-race. I always do this, generally one lap before pitting (25%) or every 5 laps or so (50%).

Edited by Nas00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah you are right guys but look, typical f1 games player usually do not save game during race. While racing various situations can happen: power cut-off, big random bug in game etc. This can reduce rage after simillar situation. For my perspective I now try to save during races but sometimes I forgot. After black screen bug the pain is big...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, TNTMati said:

Yeah you are right guys but look, typical f1 games player usually do not save game during race. While racing various situations can happen: power cut-off, big random bug in game etc. This can reduce rage after simillar situation. For my perspective I now try to save during races but sometimes I forgot. After black screen bug the pain is big...

The F1 series has mid-session saves since F1 2013, if I remember it correctly. It has nothing to do with being a typical F1 games player, whatever that means, and more with getting used to save progress.

That's coming from someone playing F1 games since GP3 back in 2000.

Edited by Nas00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×