Autosave during offline races

I suggest this based on my yesterdays experience. I had nice race in spain race ended and game softlocked just before standings. (black screen) Of course game do not saved this "race" and i have to drive this race again. So i suggest that game should autosave progress in race in about 10m-15m time stamps. This will prevent situations like this. About this bug i had same situatuion in f1 2017 once and also once in f1 2019. This is so rarely so there is no way to replicate that so i think there is no sense to report this in bug section of the forum.

• Agree 1

On 8/7/2020 at 1:12 PM, TNTMati said:

I suggest this based on my yesterdays experience. I had nice race in spain race ended and game softlocked just before standings. (black screen) Of course game do not saved this "race" and i have to drive this race again. So i suggest that game should autosave progress in race in about 10m-15m time stamps. This will prevent situations like this. About this bug i had same situatuion in f1 2017 once and also once in f1 2019. This is so rarely so there is no way to replicate that so i think there is no sense to report this in bug section of the forum.

Or just manually save, once in while.

10 minutes ago, Nas00 said:

Or just manually save, once in while.

You already can do this (manually) with the mid race save.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RS Phil said:

You already can do this (manually) with the mid race save.

That was my point. Once in a while mid-race. I always do this, generally one lap before pitting (25%) or every 5 laps or so (50%).

Edited by Nas00

Yeah you are right guys but look, typical f1 games player usually do not save game during race. While racing various situations can happen: power cut-off, big random bug in game etc. This can reduce rage after simillar situation. For my perspective I now try to save during races but sometimes I forgot. After black screen bug the pain is big...

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, TNTMati said:

Yeah you are right guys but look, typical f1 games player usually do not save game during race. While racing various situations can happen: power cut-off, big random bug in game etc. This can reduce rage after simillar situation. For my perspective I now try to save during races but sometimes I forgot. After black screen bug the pain is big...

The F1 series has mid-session saves since F1 2013, if I remember it correctly. It has nothing to do with being a typical F1 games player, whatever that means, and more with getting used to save progress.

That's coming from someone playing F1 games since GP3 back in 2000.

Edited by Nas00