Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019 Xbox Game Pass (PC) UDP Port

Hello, 

I am trying to get telemetry data from UDP from F1 2019 (if it makes a difference it's from Xbox Game Pass for PC). I am specifying the IP (tried both same PC@127.0.0.1 and my phone on the same network and subnet) and the port (20777), having multicast turned off for the game telemetry settings.

Having Wireshark up and running on loopback (for when using local IP) I can see the data going back to 127.0.0.1, packets make sense and everything, but the destination port is set to "0" so I don't actually see anything on 20777. I also tried sending the data on my phone on the same network and subnet running "Race Dash (iOS)" and again when looking in Wireshark (for the eth interface this time) I can see the right packets going to my phone's IP but again it all hits port 0 so I don't actually receive anything.

Also tried all the above with windows firewall disabled and same story. Finally, I tried Forza Horizon 4 (to see if something is wrong specifically with the Xbox PC app) but it all looks good there.

The game version is 1.22

Has anyone see this before? Any help appreciated 🙂

Thanks

Something for @Hoo I suppose 🙂 Though do note that it's the UWP(?) version of F1 2019

Posted (edited)

Hi @up100 and @ItsCousinAvi , same problem for me, im playing with F1 2019 gamepass for PC and telemetry doesn`t works... ;(

Edited by Coderk

Same problem here, I've also got xbox gamepass and wanted to see the difference between PC vs PS4 for F1 2020 but couldn't get the telemetry working on F1 2019 on PC using Sim Racing Telemetry on Steam (trial version). Telemetry from F1 2019 Ps4 to SRT works straight away. Telemetry from F1 2018 redeemed on Steam with SRT works perfectly, so it's definitely xbox gamepass not sending the data through. I haven't found a work around just yet, but I've been emailing SRT all last week to find a solution, so hopefully there'll be one soon.

Hello,

I have the same problem here: no UDP telemetry on F1 2019 version Microsoft Game Pass for PC.

I tried every possible settings, with different apps capable of displaying the telemetry, no luck.

It would be great if you could enable it.

Thank you!

I'm seeing the same as @ItsCousinAvi where the telemetry is being sent but is sent to a destination port of 0.  I took a look at the hardware_settings_config.xml file and the motion/udp config looks fine in there with the port number populated properly.

I am also having this issue. Wanted to consider how fanatec wheels work on pc before making a decision to buy f1 2020 for force feedback tweaking and led options, Vs sticking with f1 2018 on Xbox where I’m already happy with handling... if it’s such a hassle on pc I might not bother.