Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2019 Xbox Game Pass (PC) UDP Port

Hello, 

I am trying to get telemetry data from UDP from F1 2019 (if it makes a difference it's from Xbox Game Pass for PC). I am specifying the IP (tried both same PC@127.0.0.1 and my phone on the same network and subnet) and the port (20777), having multicast turned off for the game telemetry settings.

Having Wireshark up and running on loopback (for when using local IP) I can see the data going back to 127.0.0.1, packets make sense and everything, but the destination port is set to "0" so I don't actually see anything on 20777. I also tried sending the data on my phone on the same network and subnet running "Race Dash (iOS)" and again when looking in Wireshark (for the eth interface this time) I can see the right packets going to my phone's IP but again it all hits port 0 so I don't actually receive anything.

Also tried all the above with windows firewall disabled and same story. Finally, I tried Forza Horizon 4 (to see if something is wrong specifically with the Xbox PC app) but it all looks good there.

The game version is 1.22

Has anyone see this before? Any help appreciated 🙂

Thanks

Same problem here, I've also got xbox gamepass and wanted to see the difference between PC vs PS4 for F1 2020 but couldn't get the telemetry working on F1 2019 on PC using Sim Racing Telemetry on Steam (trial version). Telemetry from F1 2019 Ps4 to SRT works straight away. Telemetry from F1 2018 redeemed on Steam with SRT works perfectly, so it's definitely xbox gamepass not sending the data through. I haven't found a work around just yet, but I've been emailing SRT all last week to find a solution, so hopefully there'll be one soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am also having this issue. Wanted to consider how fanatec wheels work on pc before making a decision to buy f1 2020 for force feedback tweaking and led options, Vs sticking with f1 2018 on Xbox where I’m already happy with handling... if it’s such a hassle on pc I might not bother.

• 2 months later...

Hi All, 

I just installed the xbox one game pass version from windows game store, and I can confirm this as well. Telemetry doesn't work with 2019 windows; however, it works just fine w/ xbox one x version. This is really frustrating because the reason I wanted to move to PC is to utilize my three monitor setup, and I can't do that now. 

Thanks

z

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

OK I think I know what's happening.

Games from the Xbox game pass are running in a safe container, and as such, are forbidden to send UDP data to the local address 127.0.0.1 (called loopback).

Same problem with many other games (Forza for ex.).

But there is a workaround. Sending data to 127.0.0.1 can be enabled with a little tool which asks windows to make an exception for a given package. 

1) Download the AppContainer Loopback Utility from https://www.telerik.com/fiddler/add-ons

2) Run it and check the F1 2019 line(s), hit save changes button.

Now you can run F1 2019, enable UDP and use 127.0.0.1 to send telemetry to the local computer.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 7:31 PM, SanAntonio111 said:

OK I think I know what's happening.

Games from the Xbox game pass are running in a safe container, and as such, are forbidden to send UDP data to the local address 127.0.0.1 (called loopback).

Same problem with many other games (Forza for ex.).

But there is a workaround. Sending data to 127.0.0.1 can be enabled with a little tool which asks windows to make an exception for a given package. 

1) Download the AppContainer Loopback Utility from https://www.telerik.com/fiddler/add-ons

2) Run it and check the F1 2019 line(s), hit save changes button.

Now you can run F1 2019, enable UDP and use 127.0.0.1 to send telemetry to the local computer.

I tried this and it doesn't seem to be working. Am I doing something wrong or?

ive found that online they say that u need to put f1 2019 in the exemptions for the loopback with the "CheckNetIsolation.exe LoopbackExempt -a -n="CodemastersSoftwareCompan.F12019PCGP_4cfye3zbe1gaw"" but that doesn't seem to work. im kinda lost now lmao

On 2/27/2021 at 9:20 PM, dorianbart said:

ive found that online they say that u need to put f1 2019 in the exemptions for the loopback with the "CheckNetIsolation.exe LoopbackExempt -a -n="CodemastersSoftwareCompan.F12019PCGP_4cfye3zbe1gaw"" but that doesn't seem to work. im kinda lost now lmao

When you run that command, does it reply with 'OK' suggesting the command at least ran, or did the command not even work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes it does not work sorry.

But it works with Forza H/M, it allows these games to send UDP telemetry they can't send otherwise to the local computer (127.0.0.1).

That's why I thought it would solve the problem with F1 2019 but I did not have the game anymore installed to test.

So I suppose there is still a problem in F1 2019 itself, it does not read the port number in the parameters?

Anyway, if you have a game in game pass which can't send telemetry on UDP 127.0.0.1, you need at least to try enabling this exception because all games from the game pass are forbidden by default to send telemetry to 127.0.0.1

Edited by SanAntonio111

Yes, I tried to add the exception but funny thing is that Forza was already enabled when I first loaded this screen. I checked F1 2019 but no luck and, as you stated, Forza is working properly in this case with SimHub

UPDATE: I just tried to disable Forza from the list, reboot and try to read telemetry from SimHub and it seem somehow the game or the Xbox app re-enables the exemption as it was reading data and when I checked back the exemption was enabled again. So, it is related to F1 2019 only

image.png.d9a77bbf9eaf0c028bf8ff82f19e8de6.png

Edited by F. Aquino