Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Weather too imprecise

1. A detailed description of the problem. Please enter all error codes here.

The weather forecast is far too imprecise.
League race yesterday.

Weather was set in 4 slots in the race:

light rain / light rain / light rain / cloudy

This was also implemented by the game before the race. It was indicated that the last lap will probably be dry.

The problem, in the race it was dry from lap 37 ... I think it's good that the weather is not exactly reproduced. However, being so wrong is unrealistic.

Please check and adjust something.

Thank you so much!

2. Platform

PS4pro

3. Which version of the game are you using (shown on the home screen in the lower left corner of the screen)

4. Game mode?

Online lobby

5. 5 steps of replication

6. I can't do anything about it myself

7. PS4 Pro Fanatec DD

8. Yes, once the weather before the race and once the lap with dry tires

4AC7ACAB-FC5F-4A03-91EC-0D3351AA8FA3.jpeg

86020851-D0B7-450B-A61D-EE1ADAC9B6BD.jpeg

Edited by LILLHELM

Hi @LILLHELM,

I'm going to personally say by design for this one. 

Like in real F1, can be miles off in terms of weather forecast. Look at the amount of times in the last 2 seasons we've been promised rain and never, EVER happens. Or just after the race. I like the idea it can be right, can be slightly off, or miles off. Forecast = estimate.

• Agree 5

9 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @LILLHELM,

I'm going to personally say by design for this one. 

Like in real F1, can be miles off in terms of weather forecast. Look at the amount of times in the last 2 seasons we've been promised rain and never, EVER happens. Or just after the race. I like the idea it can be right, can be slightly off, or miles off. Forecast = estimate.

Hi Barry

I like the idea of can be slightly off

1 hour ago, LILLHELM said:

I like the idea of can be slightly off

That's exactly what is sounded like to me from your description.

Don’t get caught weather watching. I like it. My first race in Hanoi had intense rain for a short period but was light for longer. 

Look at Germany 18, predicted rain before the end but never happened then the heavens opened post race celebrations 

29 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

That's exactly what is sounded like to me from your description.

No deviates too much. Don't predict the weather like they did in the 18th century.

23 minutes ago, tarrantino said:

Don’t get caught weather watching. I like it. My first race in Hanoi had intense rain for a short period but was light for longer. 

Look at Germany 18, predicted rain before the end but never happened then the heavens opened post race celebrations 

The weather calculations get better every year.

Like the word prediction says. It’s just a prediction and it should stay like this. That’s the case IRL. And this is fun for the game. If this is too precise, it would give you a too great advantage in my opinion.

Weather predictions are not always precise. Why do teams have spotters near the circuit?

Why do they have a weather radar that is more accurate in itself?

It shouldn't be exact, but it shouldn't be that far off either.

Edited by LILLHELM
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, RS Phil said:

Why do teams have spotters near the circuit?

At least in NASCAR, spotters seem to be for telling the driver when someone's alongside. I think you may've meant radars.

35 minutes ago, LILLHELM said:

No deviates too much. Don't predict the weather like they did in the 18th century.

I really don't know what you're talking about. What you've experienced just seems utterly unremarkable and I'm struggling with why you even considered posting this as a bug.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I really don't know what you're talking about. What you've experienced just seems utterly unremarkable and I'm struggling with why you even considered posting this as a bug.

It's an example I've seen a lot, much worse.
I respect your opinion, respect mine and that of many league colleagues.

2 minutes ago, LILLHELM said:

It's an example I've seen a lot, much worse.
I respect your opinion, respect mine and that of many league colleagues.

I can't comment on situations you haven't described but it's the distinction between light rain and being cloudy that just seems trivial as it's a natural transition. 

12 hours ago, RS Phil said:

Like the word prediction says. It’s just a prediction and it should stay like this. That’s the case IRL. And this is fun for the game. If this is too precise, it would give you a too great advantage in my opinion.

Weather predictions are not always precise. Why do teams have spotters near the circuit?

Which is how it used to be. Back in older versions I changed my strategy to eliminate a stop and go with the weather as it was fixed. I couldn’t do that in Hanoi as it was different. 

• Like 1

I just had a 50% My Team race in Monaco where the last square in the weather forecast showed light rain and everything else was dry. I started P14 and I decided to start on the hard tyres to anticipate the rain. When I started the formation lap, Jeff told me light rain was expected in 5 minutes. Once I heard that, I knew that I was screwed. The rain came on lap 6-8, but it was not enough to make the track wet, and we were still lapping fine on dry tyres. However, by lap 17 was where we started to feel a loss of grip. It was not still enough to justify a change into intermediate tyres. The ai pitted and I stayed out, leaving me in P6. Until the end, the rain did not get more intense, and by lap 34 I decided to pit for intermediate tyres because I was already leading a train of cars. I dropped to P19, and the rain never intensified. Dry tyres were the fastest tyre the entire race.

If you will give us a race where rain is light throughout the race, then add another weather indicator for this. At least give us a hint that it will be very light rain that has almost no effect on the track. However, I should have stuck with the dry tyres in this race.