F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Things that I would like to see in this amazing My Team mode (Updated on 24th Sep)

Very complete and great suggestions.

I would like to add improving the AI running in-lap and out-lap in practice and qualifications. They drive like chicken without head, racing against you, waiting for you to challenge you.

• Like 1

I would add things like more realistic contracts (1 to 3 years maybe instead of negotiations every 6 month), driver age as a stat, driver potential (so that not every driver maxes out after 5 years), pre season testing to develop the car and many more. This mode has so much potential, I really hope they invest some more time in it.

Oh and I really wish you could watch sessions you are not part of (any more) as a spectator. Like Q2/Q3 when in a bottom team or the rest of a race after crashing out.

Edited by fraggi
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, RS Phil said:

Very complete and great suggestions.

I would like to add improving the AI running in-lap and out-lap in practice and qualifications. They drive like chicken without head, racing against you, waiting for you to challenge you.

This, in most cases they acted more like moving obstacles that actively trying to ruin your practice program than anything else. 

2 hours ago, fraggi said:

I would add things like more realistic contracts (1 to 3 years maybe instead of negotiations every 6 month), driver age as a stat, driver potential (so that not every driver maxes out after 5 years), pre season testing to develop the car and many more. This mode has so much potential, I really hope they invest some more time in it.

Oh and I really wish you could watch sessions you are not part of (any more) as a spectator. Like Q1 when in a bottom team or the race after crashing out.

And, interviewers need to stop acting as if Winter Testing never existed even if the game itself doesn't include that feature.

I've included both suggestions on the list and added some details, great ideas!

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Like 1

For just a little anoying is that i cant have more influence about durability of my 2 nd driver car. For example my car maintaned good with changing engines and parts but my 2 nd driver nearly every 2-3 is back 10 places on the grid. I would like to have more control to pick parts of engine for my 2 nd driver. 

• Like 1

The ability to do an F2 season or 2 then start your own my team on that save  would be one of my requests  so its a continuation of the same career

An idea for F1 2021/22 game........

Taking something from a previous game (think it was F1 2017), at some point in career mode/my team you are approached by your engineer (say during the summer break) and asked what percentage of future development points are saved and are then allocated to next seasons car and what percentage you want to use for the current season.

The only difference being rather than points going towards development parts for next season, all teams have a "base" rating without any developments. For example, if you chose Ferrari in career, the cars base rating for your 1st season is 400. However you choose to only invest 10% of your future development points in to next years car as you want to develop more parts to challenge for the title in the current season.

Come the following season, you may have developed many car parts, however your base rating takes a huge whack due to lack of investment from previous season. Your base rating that was 400 last year may only be 300 this year.

Ultimately investing in the original bog standard version of car makes more of a difference than the individual development parts, but would really throw players in to how they want to develop their car short-term or long-term. Adding in the rule reset changes that can happen in some seasons and you really have to think about the development route you take!

If memory serves me correctly - F1 2017 you developed around 17-20 development parts for Engine, Chassis, Aero and Durability. On F1 2020 it's up to 22-25? Ask the devs to keep increasing this - will add even more longevity to the game.

Edited by Turtlemoose
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Turtlemoose said:

An idea for F1 2021/22 game........

Taking something from a previous game (think it was F1 2017), at some point in career mode/my team you are approached by your engineer (say during the summer break) and asked what percentage of future development points are saved and are then allocated to next seasons car and what percentage you want to use for the current season.

The only difference being rather than points going towards development parts for next season, all teams have a "base" rating without any developments. For example, if you chose Ferrari in career, the cars base rating for your 1st season is 400. However you choose to only invest 10% of your future development points in to next years car as you want to develop more parts to challenge for the title in the current season.

Come the following season, you may have developed many car parts, however your base rating takes a huge whack due to lack of investment from previous season. Your base rating that was 400 last year may only be 300 this year.

Ultimately investing in the original bog standard version of car makes more of a difference than the individual development parts, but would really throw players in to how they want to develop their car short-term or long-term. Adding in the rule reset changes that can happen in some seasons and you really have to think about the development route you take!

If memory serves me correctly - F1 2017 you developed around 17-20 development parts for Engine, Chassis, Aero and Durability. On F1 2020 it's up to 22-25? Ask the devs to keep increasing this - will add even more longevity to the game.

This one is great, I felt that the current system we have now where we only make positive progression in the R&D tree, and re-investing R&D points into adapting parts for future season is a bit too linear and lack of variant of an experience. 

I often imagine new parts would not only provide positive effects on the performance, but instead sometimes (or even always) having some compromises (be it very little) to some other areas so players need to choose and balance wisely on what they should invest and put on their car based on track types and session progression. 

I also think developing new parts should cost some (or even huge) amount of money as well, it'll certainly deepens the management aspects of the gameplay.

Edited by DRTApophis

These are all great ideas!

I'd like to add, just because I didn't see it on this thread yet even though everyone is squawking about it: we really need proper triple-screen support and VR support as well. I'm aching to get a VR headset for racing, but I play F1 almost exclusively, and because it's not supported there's no point.

• Agree 1

On 8/7/2020 at 10:33 PM, DRTApophis said:

Livery Editor: (Updated on Aug 22nd)

[...]

• DO NOT restrict the players to only have preset color palettes like some other games, the sliders are perfect.

Sorry but no, sliders system in this state is the worst system ever. We need an HTML/RGB system, with the possibility to copy/paste an HTML code

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, pspps1 said:

Sorry but no, sliders system in this state is the worst system ever. We need an HTML/RGB system, with the possibility to copy/paste an HTML code

I was too used to only having sliders in racing games with livery editor...didn't even remember this should've exist 🤣

It's updated now, thanks bro

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DRTApophis said:

I was too used to only having sliders to use in racing games with livery editor...didn't even remember this should've exist 🤣

It's updated now, thanks bro

You're welcome!

Btw great list

• Thanks 1

Recently updated a few more things, mostly on the My Team career part that I personally think are quite important:

• The ceiling of R&D should not be too far off from what the rest of the grid could potentially reach. With the current pace of progression, player's cars get too unrealistically OP too quickly and AI teams simply have no way of catching up.
  • The adapt parts mechanic during rule change needs to be more complex. Instead of just reinvesting some extra points to retain that part immediately in the next season, the action should have certain chances of failing, but you would only get the result when the new season starts. The areas of parts that fail will be blank out and you'll need to reinvest on the research as if you never had those parts, but the successful ones will retain the paths of parts in the R&D tree that related to them, so reinvesting wouldn't be as tedious.
  • Please keep the descriptions of the part upgrades in the R&D section, I really like to read these little insight of what we did to get the improvement from the parts.
  • Engine & Reliability R&D should be a group effort between all teams with the same power unit. Instead of having a set timetable of availability for factory parts and investing on your own in the R&D, all the teams with the same PU should be sharing and investing on the same R&D tree, when new part is available it would benefits all of them. For balancing purposes, the costs of investment for each part should be much higher in these shared R&D trees, and should be possible for multiple teams to invest on the same part (Development of said part only starts when the sum of combined invested points reach the requirement).
  • The current stat boost from personnel facility is too OP. Instead of straight-forward boost, they should serve as speedups of the driver's growth, where their potential max-stats could be reach earlier and delay the decline (Though they'll still max out during their peak even without the facility's boost, just faster with it).
  • We need to re-balance the performances between F1 & F2 driver by altering their peak stats, where the starting stats of F1 drivers are already near their peak, while F2 drivers are still far off from that but will eventually reaches similar level as F1 drivers if you train them. With the facility boost model mentioned above, it'll make investing on F2 drivers much more worthy of an option than it is now.

More updated points are listed as RED on the main post.

Edited by DRTApophis

I think the advancements made to this game year after year are very special. I love almost everything about this game and know they are trying to fix bugs and issues in the game. These are some ideas that would take many years to develop, but could make the future games better-

Being able to choose different contract lengths for Myteam and negotiate higher and lower prices based off length would make finance easier and the game more realistic. Being able to hire staff directors for the team could be awesome. Being able to hire a technical director that is better for a higher price that could advance car development and speed would be cool. You could also buyout other directors from other teams. Also being able to hire lots of staff, like 100 in aero, 400 in power train and deciding the number of staff per department could be cool to affect costs of facilities and how much money wants to be spent and managed.

In real life F1 garage order is picked off championship standings at the end of the year, so changing the garage spot in the paddock would be awesome and have benefits for preforming well.

This is a very extreme idea but what if in future games you could make your own track. You would pick the barriers and turns and elevation and more. This would then be a expensive feature you could buy for your teams facilities in Myteam mode where your team could test their car. This could also could be its own game mode and community place where tracks are made.

In a future F1 game being able to walk in the paddock would add so much to the game. This would be like being in the teams motor home in Myteam/Carrer mode, but instead you would have a clock and calendar almost like a open world game. You would have your calendar with the places you are supposed to be and when and you then would go to them. For example at 8am you would walk to the motor home to talk to the team then have to go and do a press interview at 10am and then go and have lunch or workout at 10:30am and then go to the garage and prepare for practice at 11am. Then once getting to the garage and being on time or early practice would start with you in the car. It would be awesome in Myteam and Carrer mode to be able to have a time and places to be in the paddock and be able to go to each of them and decide when and where you want to be and do. You could even arrange your schedule like the new feature in Myteam.

• Agree 1

Finally we saw AI making mistakes this year, but they only retire off mechanical issues. There should be situations where the AI crash into each other! They may not always retire, but there needs to be more contact and drama involving the AI.

19 minutes ago, Bitzer9 said:

I think the advancements made to this game year after year are very special. I love almost everything about this game and know they are trying to fix bugs and issues in the game. These are some ideas that would take many years to develop, but could make the future games better-

Being able to choose different contract lengths for Myteam and negotiate higher and lower prices based off length would make finance easier and the game more realistic. Being able to hire staff directors for the team could be awesome. Being able to hire a technical director that is better for a higher price that could advance car development and speed would be cool. You could also buyout other directors from other teams. Also being able to hire lots of staff, like 100 in aero, 400 in power train and deciding the number of staff per department could be cool to affect costs of facilities and how much money wants to be spent and managed.

In real life F1 garage order is picked off championship standings at the end of the year, so changing the garage spot in the paddock would be awesome and have benefits for preforming well.

This is a very extreme idea but what if in future games you could make your own track. You would pick the barriers and turns and elevation and more. This would then be a expensive feature you could buy for your teams facilities in Myteam mode where your team could test their car. This could also could be its own game mode and community place where tracks are made.

In a future F1 game being able to walk in the paddock would add so much to the game. This would be like being in the teams motor home in Myteam/Carrer mode, but instead you would have a clock and calendar almost like a open world game. You would have your calendar with the places you are supposed to be and when and you then would go to them. For example at 8am you would walk to the motor home to talk to the team then have to go and do a press interview at 10am and then go and have lunch or workout at 10:30am and then go to the garage and prepare for practice at 11am. Then once getting to the garage and being on time or early practice would start with you in the car. It would be awesome in Myteam and Carrer mode to be able to have a time and places to be in the paddock and be able to go to each of them and decide when and where you want to be and do. You could even arrange your schedule like the new feature in Myteam.

I think what they need to do is to make the whole experience of owning and running a team more realistic and true the life.

At the moment the management aspects are lacking in depths and is not even close to the level of just scratching the surface of what a management game should be. I had a football management game (J. League Sakatsuku) back in Dreamcast era that had so much contents in it that I still play it occasionally to this day (that usually lasted for weeks). Despite the graphics are so outdated now, I didn't care because there's so much contents I could dive into and revisit it with different ways. 

Of course I do not expect the management side of our F1 game to be that deep since running a football team is drastically different from a race team, but I do hope we could still have the opportunity to peek into the inner world that only the actual people in the F1 racing industry could experience, the replay value could be unlimited if the contents are diverse enough that we could approach it with many different ways.

17 minutes ago, Bitzer9 said:

Finally we saw AI making mistakes this year, but they only retire off mechanical issues. There should be situations where the AI crash into each other! They may not always retire, but there needs to be more contact and drama involving the AI.

I've seen many AI crashes, I've a feeling that it's more likely to happen when their difficulty setting is higher (more likely to lose control at higher speed)

Just updated a few more points and revised some of the old ones, mostly regarding the progression aspects of the MyTeam mode, new ones are in RED

Edited by DRTApophis

On 8/10/2020 at 12:59 PM, fraggi said:

Oh and I really wish you could watch sessions you are not part of (any more) as a spectator. Like Q2/Q3 when in a bottom team or the rest of a race after crashing out.

Yea - ageee with both. I’d like to be able to watch the rest of Q and R if we retire or don’t make out of Q1. Bothers me when it just skips. Not sure why the devs don’t make this possible.