F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Mercedes livery in new video posted by Codemasters features a different livery than the one currently in the game

This one doesn't have 'Ritz-Carlton' on the halo, which means it's true to life, while the one currently in the game still has it.

Why the discrepancy?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

We are all just guessing here but the video was baked in-house and popped up just today, in celebration of the 70th Anniversary GP. It's probably running a newer version of the game, soon to be released. I'd be expecting a new update early next week.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Hopefully. 

I'm using a PC mod of the accurate version of the livery, but I'd prefer for Codemasters to release an accurate one so I can use theirs instead. With the mod, my lap times in time trial don't get recorded. 

Edited by HDR10

You have to remember (many don’t) that it’s the teams that sign all this off before. 

I would expect a fresh livery update to include McLaren, Mercedes changes and I think helmets too. I believe @BarryBL mentioned this in the bugs forum. 

• Agree 1

Well this is bad news as it looks like they still not updating Lewis Hamiltons helmet to the Black lives Matter design. Is this a political decision 

58 minutes ago, CardConvict said:

Well this is bad news as it looks like they still not updating Lewis Hamiltons helmet to the Black lives Matter design. Is this a political decision 

What is political about it? It's just priorities. People wanted the black liveries ASAP. People were screaming "give me the black liveries, the game is unplayable without the black liveries". No one was shouting "forget the black liveries! Lewis Hamilton's helmet first/ The game is unplayable without it".

It's all about priorities. I really can't see how you can see this as a political decision 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

It'd be massively nice if CM add purple (44) and blue (77) stripes on halo as well.😋

Edited by sergey_blackbird

2 hours ago, CardConvict said:

If it was political they wouldn't have updated the livery either...

12 hours ago, marioho said:

We are all just guessing here but the video was baked in-house and popped up just today, in celebration of the 70th Anniversary GP. It's probably running a newer version of the game, soon to be released. 

I capture the hotlaps* (and supply to video team), and the build I have access to is generally a little more up-to-date than what you are all playing.

*which is why they're a few seconds off esports performance 😄 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4