F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Racing Rigs - Share Yours!

A recent TV upgrade in the house left me with a spare 42" JVC so I am using that at the moment but seeing the peripherals on your setup has made me think about a triple monitor rig. Maybe after the racing seat.......... 

12 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

A recent TV upgrade in the house left me with a spare 42" JVC so I am using that at the moment but seeing the peripherals on your setup has made me think about a triple monitor rig. Maybe after the racing seat.......... 

I would advise to buy 3 matching screens if you do, just for compatibility sake. I took a chance due to the price of the side monitors, but it could have backfired.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Rango said:

Yep, thats the app i use too. I have a galaxy s6 behind my wheel with f1 steering wheel information on it, and the tablet to my left shows car damage and tire wear info. Saves me having to scroll through the mfd all the time to check on things.

Works in every f1 game going back to f1 2013, dirt games, forza, euro truck sim, And more. Its a great app!

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Like 1

@Rango did you build that yourself? Is there a copy of it in the Community section?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

@Rango did you build that yourself? Is there a copy of it in the Community section?

I did and there should have been but doesn't look like I've uploaded it. Have done now. It will be called F1 2020 v2 👍🏻 (once it's been approved)

Edited by Rango
  • Thanks 1

@Lurtz The Playseat F1 you are thinking about has some flex in the central column with some of the more powerful belt driven wheel bases - a small amount but none the less some flex. The better option (IMHO) is the Playseat F1 Ultimate - no central upright that you need to wrap your legs around - and no flex especially if you want to up upgrade in the future to a 'Direct Drive' wheel base - in other words it's future proof if you can afford it. Also it may impress your wife even more if you put if in your trendy lounge like Valtteri below- no more locked away in the spare room for hours on end - it's a great talking feature for your lounge (only joking!)

playseat-f1-ultimate.jpg

playseat-fi-ultimate-edition-valtteri-bottas-2.jpg

@HamishOK - I'll probably go the extra £100 and go for the PRO F1 but £2299 for the Ultimate is a step too far for me. Several steps probably! 😄

And that probably IS Valtteri's spare room!!!

My wife won't let me buy it - but it's a nice fantasy - Cheers

4 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

@HamishOK - I'll probably go the extra £100 and go for the PRO F1 but £2299 for the Ultimate is a step too far for me. Several steps probably! 😄

• Agree 1

Unless you want to invest to a direct drive wheel, which is also very expensive, I think F1 Playseat is a better choice. Consider at least twice the price (and this not cheap) compared to a classic fob wheel with a F1 Playseat.

On 8/13/2020 at 12:12 AM, Lurtz said:

It's his living room in Finland 🙂 

Bottas with a clean set up : simracing

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 1:17 AM, HamishOK said:

My wife won't let me buy it - but it's a nice fantasy - Cheers

women will never understand us :D I am not even allowed to buy a wheel and pedals :D "how does that look like in the living room????" :D

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

women will never understand us 😄 I am not even allowed to buy a wheel and pedals 😄 "how does that look like in the living room????" 😄

I did convince mine by saying the seat can fold (Playseat Challenge) and store away...now its 24/7 in the living room 😂

20200805_131446.jpg

Edited by GioProductions
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GioProductions said:

I did convince mine by saying the seat can fold (Playseat Challenge) and store away...now its 24/7 in the living room 😂

20200805_131446.jpg

Mine would have moved out 😅 i we would not have kids a gaming seat would be there 😅

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I see that 3/4 empty bottle of Australian Shiraz on the table at 10:00am Valtteri, you ain't fooling us with your staged photos 🙂

8 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Well .... No wonder his qualy laps are so good!

Posted (edited)

Project completed. Playseat F1 PRO, Fanatec McLaren GT3, CSL Elite and Club Sport V3 plus JVC 42" monitor.

Playseat.bmp

Edited by Lurtz
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Lurtz said:

Project completed. Playseat F1 PRO, Fanatec McLaren GT3, CSL Elite and Club Sport V3 plus JVC 42" monitor.

Playseat.bmp

Sorry - this should have been included above.

Playseat 2.jpg

• Like 4

@Lurtz Congrats!  The setup looks great.  Let us know how you like it.  I hope it brings you as much joy as mine has for me.

I'm am absolutely not jealous whatsoever

No reason to be @Rango. Just a couple of days after I got it all set up, Patch 1.08 came out and crashed the game. Until CM come up with a fix for me it is just an expensive piece of floor art!!!

• Sad 2

On 8/20/2020 at 6:29 PM, Lurtz said:

Playseat.bmp

Great setup Lurtz - hope it's all working by now?