F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Racing Rigs - Share Yours!

11 hours ago, Lurtz said:

No reason to be @Rango. Just a couple of days after I got it all set up, Patch 1.08 came out and crashed the game. Until CM come up with a fix for me it is just an expensive piece of floor art!!!

Willing to pay shipping if you want me to look after it for you 😂

Seriously what broke?? 

It is a bug. Quite a few people have EGO Dumper screens when they start the game but have been able to carry on after clicking 'Send Report'. After 1.08 we get thrown back to the desktop after 'Send Report'. CM know about it as it is a live thread in the tech forum with more people reporting the issue as time goes on........however - I'll bear your offer in mind should the need arise :classic_biggrin:

• Sad 1

Gutting. Small silver lining to being a console player I guess. Hope it's resolved for you (and the many others it affects obviously) soon 

On 8/21/2020 at 2:27 AM, Lurtz said:

Sorry - this should have been included above.

Playseat 2.jpg

I also looked into this like a year ago, but then they didn't had the Playseat® ForceLock™ system yet. It's a nice playseat, but not as strong. I really suggest to change this playseat once you move to a stronger wheelbase like a Direct Drive. I actually returned the Playseat F1 and got a Playseat Sensation Pro instead, back in June somewhere in 2019. But I sold that Playseat Sensation earlier this year and bought a Sim-Lab P1-X, which I am really happy with. Anyways hope you enjoy your piece of racing gear.

2 minutes ago, Farynthane said:

I also looked into this like a year ago, but then they didn't had the Playseat® ForceLock™ system yet. It's a nice playseat, but not as strong. I really suggest to change this playseat once you move to a stronger wheelbase like a Direct Drive. I actually returned the Playseat F1 and got a Playseat Sensation Pro instead, back in June somewhere in 2019. But I sold that Playseat Sensation earlier this year and bought a Sim-Lab P1-X, which I am really happy with. Anyways hope you enjoy your piece of racing gear.

Kick a man when he's down why don't you!

Hope a patch comes out soon to get your game working again @Lurtz. Hopefully you have some other racing games you've been able to entertain yourself with?

On 8/10/2020 at 11:26 AM, Rango said:

and there's me struggling to get the rear end seat stand for this... 😂😂

20190423_123556.jpg

@Rango That looks a lot like the X-Rocker wheel stand, and I don't know if you've got the seat yet, but you can pre-order the X-Rocker Chicane seat direct for delivery sometime in September if you're UK based: https://xrockeruk.com/products/x-rocker-chicane-xr-racing-seat-orange-5101001

Save a ton of money and build one. I built the one you see in the pics in a day. Went to the local wreckers, bought a seat out of a Chevy Cruz sport model. 80 bucks. Bought some wood and screws and paint. Another 125 bucks roughly. The rest is your own labour and the pleasure of creating your own rig. If you can cut wood and put a screw in said wood, you should have no problem figuring the rest out. The reason why I built my own was not only the cost saving. I did alot of research and found a few things that could be problematic. 

1. Lack of adjustment for the wheel and seat leaving you in an uncomfortable position. After all, we are all different sizes. 

2. Instability. I've seen alot of rigs that move. When you're battling for the lead in a hectic race, the last thing you need is the wheel swaying back and forth in your grip.

3. As some pointed out in this thread, the bar that is in between your legs on a playseat for example. That can just straight up be annoying, especially if you have the G29 or 920 pedals. They are close together. If your pedals are further apart then it may be no issue at all.

Building my own rig gave me the freedom to put my Wheel exactly where I wanted it and also my pedals exactly where I wanted them. The seat I have also adjusts every which way you can think of. The key is to get a seat that when taken out of the car will sit level on the ground. This makes for easy installation onto the wood base. The only thing I had to do was cut a few little notches out for some metal that stuck slightly lower than the seat slider rails. Other than that it was a straight bolt on to the 2×6. I can drop kick my rig and it won't move. It's solid. By building my own rig, I eliminated all potential issues that could arise and I am glad I did. 

The shifter was for Assetto Corsa. I almost had a brain aneurysm getting that Platinum Trophy.

If I've peaked your interest on building one. Feel free to message me and I can guide you through it. 

* just realized I'm late to the party. This comment is for everyone 

20200902_013900.jpg

20200902_014046.jpg

20200902_014200.jpg

Edited by Mike5500
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, enog82 said:

@Rango That looks a lot like the X-Rocker wheel stand, and I don't know if you've got the seat yet, but you can pre-order the X-Rocker Chicane seat direct for delivery sometime in September if you're UK based: https://xrockeruk.com/products/x-rocker-chicane-xr-racing-seat-orange-5101001

Assume that comes with the base to slot into the front stand? Not exactly clear in the description 

Decent video from Chris Haye went up yesteday:

Here's mine.

Triple screens Acer 27"

Fanatec CSW v2

Fanatec Pedals V3

Fanatec Shifter SQ v1.5

Two Button Box

Three 7" screens for Dashboards and OBS Studio

Cockpit Extreme Racing XT Sport.

WilliamsRacingEC.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EduCalza said:

Here's mine.

Triple screens Acer 27"

Fanatec CSW v2

Fanatec Pedals V3

Fanatec Shifter SQ v1.5

Two Button Box

Three 7" screens for Dashboards and OBS Studio

Cockpit Extreme Racing XT Sport

That looks.. awesome! I might replicate that right after winning the lottery, which I never participate in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rango said:

Assume that comes with the base to slot into the front stand? Not exactly clear in the description 

Yeah, it comes with the base, seat, and the extension bars to slot into the wheel stand, so basically looking at the pic on their page, everything from the wheel stand backwards.

The only thing I would say is that looking at your stand again, it seems to have blanking plugs in the holes where the seat base should slot in to? Not sure if that would cause you a problem or not.

Edited by enog82

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

@EduCalza I like the Senna banners under the monitors 🙂 

Yeah, it's from 2019 Brasil GP that I've attended.

In this pic is from the day that I recorded my tribute video for May 1st.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, enog82 said:

Yeah, it comes with the base, seat, and the extension bars to slot into the wheel stand, so basically looking at the pic on their page, everything from the wheel stand backwards.

The only thing I would say is that looking at your stand again, it seems to have blanking plugs in the holes where the seat base should slot in to? Not sure if that would cause you a problem or not.

Doubt it, they fall out every time I move it 😂

I was mildly interested in a Series 2 controller given I regularly use a Series 1. Still iffy on the build quality though, the Series 1s would end up with warping grips after 6 months.

On 9/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, janbonator said:

That looks.. awesome! I might replicate that right after winning the lottery, which I never participate in.

And thats why we need triple support....badly...

• Like 1

I use the Volair Sim rig. Had to drill holes to place the base and wheel. The pre drill holes didn’t work for me. The buttons across the top I made myself, but just replaced them with the ones Fanatec now sells. I also have a buttkicker installed. 

57CF56A3-4D78-4331-B76E-B38B45991E7D.jpeg

6040BC6F-F0A1-46B9-BF33-FE77CF57AD4B.jpeg

5B9F1DF4-544D-4E6B-A9CA-183270B54F99.jpeg

84E349D8-E195-4D7A-A46B-439E720EE7DF.jpeg

• Like 1

That scanner's making the face I did when I saw this rig:

image.png

• Haha 1