Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Object 'Pop-in' [PC]

Anyone else getting the braking markers and bollards etc only appear when you are about 100m away from them? Hard to pick a braking point when parts of the track haven't loaded :@ .Have tried all sorts of graphic settings and still no joy.

I had some pop in with distant objects, it looked pretty bad to be honest. I'm running at ultra high settings so I'd be happy if stuff like that didn't happen, but I don't know if it's a bug or if it's supposed to be that way...

You running 3 screens same as me? Only other person I've heard this from says he ran 3 screens. 

Even the AI pops in and out.

Maybe an ini file which can alter the LOD distance somewhere in the game folder for distant objects.  At least there was in F1 2013 (the last version I had), which cured that.  I'd keep an eye on http://www.racedepartment.com this is the most likely place for that sort of help to appear.  From those distances though, it sounds more like a bug.

I have this problem as well and run triple screens. I doubt anyone but Codemasters will be able to fix this as they encrypted all the files that people used to be able to modify to fix crap like this.