F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Graphics lag, frame drop?

Im sure this has been asked can someone point me to the thread as the ones ive searched for dont do the following

i have a 1660ti, 8core i7 9700 3ghz

What settings are the best to really limit this as its actually causing me to crash into walls nearly EVERY game now.

ive updated my drivers, ive tried nearly every graphics setting, turned everything to low

ive been playing since launch but only last week have i started to really put the time in and now im noticing it 3 or 4 times a lap.

can anyone help?

I've noticed that this game streams a considerable amount of assets from disk compared to other games. I've confirmed this from disk read/write operations and speeds during gameplay. It's all well within the capabilities of a 7200rpm HDD, but it may be too much for a 5400rpm. That may be something to consider. What kind of storage device is the game installed on?

Yeah, looks like there's a pretty substantial issue with your GPU.

Does this happen with other games?

Edited by HDR10

9 minutes ago, HDR10 said:

Yeah, looks like there's a pretty substantial issue with your GPU.

Now there's a phrase capable of sending icy shivers down even a console gamer's spine.

To OP, best of wishes.

26 minutes ago, Statix said:

solid state from me

now this has started to happen.

image.thumb.png.04c5e953114a8e34158b643651e07f90.png

You've unlocked TRON MODE

7SYb.gif.9f28f921d26b1e99487be269327e0123.gif

i guess im destined for time trial all my life, no other games do this. i just want to play f1 ma dudes . . . .

It's still worth considering that different game modes taxes your hardware differently. There's a reason for split screen multiplayer being capped @30fps.

Ordinary race modes are resource hungrier than TT as your PC needs to process AI behavior.

3 hours ago, Statix said:

solid state from me

now this has started to happen.

image.thumb.png.04c5e953114a8e34158b643651e07f90.png

That must be what they call a "red mist".

Have you monitored your hardware temperatures and resource usage while playing F1 2020? That could give an indication as to what is causing the bottleneck.

Edited by janbonator

ye, theres no problems, i play almost all other games at ultra.

Heres my next issue, it forever says save successful of a photo i never took at the top of my screen.

Its never ending, still playing tho with all the clutter! Great game, just  . . .well, things like tog et in my way.

2 minutes ago, Statix said:

Heres my next issue, it forever says save successful of a photo i never took at the top of my screen.

Its never ending, still playing tho with all the clutter! Great game, just  . . .well, things like tog et in my way.

Have you checked your files if the game is, in-fact, taking screenshots constantly? That could explain your problems. I had this happen to me in a different game once, and I ended up having 50 gigabytes of screenshots before I noticed.

37 minutes ago, Statix said:

The only possible solution would be to reinstall the game.