DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

A.I impossible times.

Some A.I times in this game do not make sense at all. Some stages they'd have too carry impossible speed too set the times they do. It really needs re-balancing. No matter how quick you drive they'll still beat you. I don't want easy opponents but at least opponents that make sense.

Edited by hockeytown1926
  • Agree 2

You’re quite right. Here is a couple of threads discussing the problem:

To sum up: Codemasters doesn’t acknowledge this as a problem, so I’m quite sure that there will not be any AI adjustments for Dirt Rally 2.0. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

It seems that AI is lot harder on slower cars than 4wd. It is almost impossible to win later difficulty careers with Abarath or Mini and when driving with 4wd you very well might be top players. Until this day i only drove historic cars on career, and group B rear ended, my position varied heavily and had to push lot harder but still might be 30seconds late from top, with R5 constantly top 6. AI is definetly optimized for R5 (maybe because game tester Armstrong drives it).

Edited by Jeq

I was driving the first RWD Cars, sometimes i was very high, sometimes not, but in Scottland there were the Times not very realistic, that was very clear for me.

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2021 at 2:25 PM, Jeq said:

It seems that AI is lot harder on slower cars than 4wd. It is almost impossible to win later difficulty careers with Abarath or Mini and when driving with 4wd you very well might be top players. Until this day i only drove historic cars on career, and group B rear ended, my position varied heavily and had to push lot harder but still might be 30seconds late from top, with R5 constantly top 6. AI is definetly optimized for R5 (maybe because game tester Armstrong drives it).

I actually find it easier with the older & slower cars. It is easier to push them to the limit and keep them there for longer than it is to in the more modern cars.

RWD cars are very driver dependent and how comfortable you are in them. I found them easy but then again I love RWD and learned how to play Dirt Rally originally in the E30... The real key to all the cars though is that the older they are, the more momentum focused you have to be. Modern cars can make up for sloppy cornering by being able to speed right back up to 5th gear while older cars will have to work to get back up to speed. When you lose the momentum and speed it can be more pronounced in the older stuff.

5 hours ago, Sam28 said:

I was driving the first RWD Cars, sometimes i was very high, sometimes not, but in Scottland there were the Times not very realistic, that was very clear for me.

What is unrealistic? Were they just too fast? Were they pulling away in the slow sections?

Edited by Mike Dee

On 4/1/2021 at 4:10 PM, Mike Dee said:

I actually find it easier with the older & slower cars. It is easier to push them to the limit and keep them there for longer than it is to in the more modern cars.

RWD cars are very driver dependent and how comfortable you are in them. I found them easy but then again I love RWD and learned how to play Dirt Rally originally in the E30... The real key to all the cars though is that the older they are, the more momentum focused you have to be. Modern cars can make up for sloppy cornering by being able to speed right back up to 5th gear while older cars will have to work to get back up to speed. When you lose the momentum and speed it can be more pronounced in the older stuff.

What is unrealistic? Were they just too fast? Were they pulling away in the slow sections?

Scottish wet condition. Every stage wet condition seems weird actually. But on scotland it just might be that people whom bought scottisch dlc, are more likely to be better drivers, which leads harder times on latest DLC:s, basic content stages are, overally easier, when looking just for AI times. if AI times are counted by top % of players, then it would affect hardness of AI on stages which only hobbyists have. This is something codemasters might not have taken on account.

Edited by Jeq
clarify.