F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

No german circuits anymore?

I just came along this news and it says that there are no german circuits anymore... Is that true? Are the two new courses zandvoort and hanoi more demanding?

thanks for your replys 

yes, no german circuits in the official 2020 calendar, maybe next year.

i recommend you youtube videos to watch the tracks. i like them, but hanoi is very difficult for me personally

Yes but it's the other way around. FOM removed the Hockenheim circuit from the official F1 2020 season and included Hanoi and Zandvoort in it. Codemasters game follows F1 official season so they followed suit. Obviously it was all before the coronavirus pandemic and the real calendar became haphazard, with late additions of one-time only tracks like Portimao and Nurburgring. Codemasters unfortunately don't have the means to include these late additions, but things will probably change in the mid term if they become permanent rounds in the official calendar.

Regarding Hanoi and Zandvoort, they're very unique compared to the roster. Hanoi is tight, walled, with demanding hairpins and low to mid speed corners. It is not a fan favorite and if you are not too fond of Monaco and Singapore you'll probably dislike it too. It has grown on me though, for whatever it's worth. Zandvoort on the other hand is a unique swooping circuit with cambered corners all around, very fun to drive in!

Give the magic words F1 2020 hanoi/zandvoort lap a go on youtube and you'll see what we mean.  

• Like 1

Zandvoort is amazing, I really enjoy driving it.

Hanoi in the otherhand....

• Agree 3

As mentioned, Zandvoort is a beast and you can really push your car to the limit there. I don’t think I’ve completed a race in Hanoi, I get really frustrated and tend to retire/crash out. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I did a 5 lap online race at Hanoi yesterday with a total of 6 cars (no AI). I was going around slowly trying to learn the track with the racing line mostly to complete the clean race at Hanoi challenge and was pretty shocked to find I finished third as half the field DNF due to hitting barriers. They crashed out seperately too, not just a pile up into a single corner.

Edited by Ultra3142

Posted (edited)

Zandvoort is fantastic, absolutely hated Hanoi. Played it once as I didn't know it and it will never make it in my seasons ever again.

Edited by Nas00

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, marioho said:

Yes but it's the other way around. FOM removed the Hockenheim circuit from the official F1 2020 season and included Hanoi and Zandvoort in it. Codemasters game follows F1 official season so they followed suit. Obviously it was all before the coronavirus pandemic and the real calendar became haphazard, with late additions of one-time only tracks like Portimao and Nurburgring. Codemasters unfortunately don't have the means to include these late additions, but things will probably change in the mid term if they become permanent rounds in the official calendar.

Regarding Hanoi and Zandvoort, they're very unique compared to the roster. Hanoi is tight, walled, with demanding hairpins and low to mid speed corners. It is not a fan favorite and if you are not too fond of Monaco and Singapore you'll probably dislike it too. It has grown on me though, for whatever it's worth. Zandvoort on the other hand is a unique swooping circuit with cambered corners all around, very fun to drive in!

Give the magic words F1 2020 hanoi/zandvoort lap a go on youtube and you'll see what we mean.  

Love Monaco and Singapore to an extent, even if i suck at both of them. Hanoi is simply a horrible patchwork of iconic circuits with no real flow. The ridiculously long straights absolutely kill that track. I'd Hockenheim over this monstruosity any day, and hope that it will disappear as soon as possible from the calender.

Edited by Nas00
  • Like 1

I hated Hanoi at first, but I generally don't like learning new tracks in F1 games. But, after a career race there I have to say it's quite an interesting circuit, with the first and last sections being quite challenging and demanding on both car and driver.

The only thing I dislike about it is the lack of any elevation changes, but overall it is an enjoyable circuit! 🙂

3 hours ago, Nas00 said:

Love Monaco and Singapore to an extent, even if i suck at both of them. Hanoi is simply a horrible patchwork of iconic circuits with no real flow. The ridiculously long straights absolutely kill that track. I'd Hockenheim over this monstruosity any day, and hope that it will disappear as soon as possible from the calender.

I thought that too until my last race there. Between 2 and 3 battles on that long straight with a late DRS zone ending in the hairpin. And they were all 3 cars battles. Lots of fun!

Had a few passes and challenges on that long left hander leading to the first DRS zone too.

It grew on me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, marioho said:

Codemasters unfortunately don't have the means to include these late additions

Honestly I'd be surprised if ANY gamedev company could make sufficiently detailed versions of those replacement tracks from zero, considering travel restrictions and the effort required to make one.

Heck, even a track that made it in like Hanoi is pretty much guesswork from the track design models because the track has never fully existed in real life

17 hours ago, marioho said:

Thank your for this detailed answer... i guess i just gonna buy it and try it haha 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 1:06 PM, RaceMyZaru said:

Honestly I'd be surprised if ANY gamedev company could make sufficiently detailed versions of those replacement tracks from zero, considering travel restrictions and the effort required to make one.

Heck, even a track that made it in like Hanoi is pretty much guesswork from the track design models because the track has never fully existed in real life

Tracks like hockenheim have been in previous years so most the work is done there . Its only brand new ones I would agree they can't make quickly from zero . I would love a bonus of hockemheim and nurburgring to be included , even if it took 6 months to re train the 2020 ai cars and safety car etc .

On 8/9/2020 at 10:45 PM, ragequit1 said:

Strangely enough Hanoi is more enjoyable if you drive the circuit the other way around. Seems to flow a bit better.

On 8/9/2020 at 10:45 PM, ragequit1 said:

Zandvoort is amazing, I really enjoy driving it.

My thoughts exactly 😄 

Hanoi is just tough, especially in a low-spec My Team car.