Jump to content Jump to content

No money, can't progress?

DaleF23

Hi,

I've just finished the Abu Dhabi GP at the end of season 1 and I don't have enough money for any of the team mates. Currently sat on $487k. But the only option I have on the advance menu is to go to the driver market, however I can't even negotiate because I don't have enough money.

I thought there would be an end of season prize money with which I planned to invest in another driver.

Anything I can do? I can't progress at all at the moment!

Cheers

6 hours ago, DaleF23 said:

SOLVED: After a couple of failed negotiations with drivers I was given an academy driver with stats of 25 all round 🤦‍♂️.

Thats interesting though, never heard of this before. Are they generated by the game? 

Can you give us more info on them, screenshot perhaps? 

5 hours ago, Aef251 said:

Sadly the prize money and bonus comes after you sign a driver. Something that would be nice to know earlier. 

Something I was aware of but personally I think should be changed/fixed rather than focusing on making this more obvious. 

Some logic I suppose. Most top drivers sign for the next season before the current one is finished. Most teams have a better idea of the financial situation before the drivers are signed. Sonit could be done either way. 

3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Something I was aware of but personally I think should be changed/fixed rather than focusing on making this more obvious. 

Ive not personally made it thus far in my own my team gameplay, as i have been spending my time learning the circuits in tt mode. But I have seen every my team video aarava, tom97 and tiametmarduk have put out. From what i can see, the game gives out warnings in regards to cashflow prior to resigning your current driver, or signing a new one. Prior to the half way point and at the end of the season. So from what i can see, its very obvious that cash needs to be saved for this.

It also looks like Codemasters even thought of this exact scenario happening prior to release as well, judging by the ops experience of running low on cash but receiving an academy driver.

12 hours ago, DaleF23 said:

Hi,

I've just finished the Abu Dhabi GP at the end of season 1 and I don't have enough money for any of the team mates. Currently sat on $487k. But the only option I have on the advance menu is to go to the driver market, however I can't even negotiate because I don't have enough money.

I thought there would be an end of season prize money with which I planned to invest in another driver.

Cheers

It would be cool if you are in that position, which I bet most new teams in real F1 are, you could take on a paid driver that brings money/sponsorship to the team with them.

10 minutes ago, TheBradwick said:

It would be cool if you are in that position, which I bet most new teams in real F1 are, you could take on a paid driver that brings money/sponsorship to the team with them.

Surely they still have Pastor's character model

12 hours ago, DaleF23 said:

Hi,

Cheers

they warn you several times that you do not have the money to sign your driver, make sure the closer you come to signing day you have that money saved. Remember it’s a business, you have to exercise some sense of fiscal responsibility.

2 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Ive not personally made it thus far in my own my team gameplay, as i have been spending my time learning the circuits in tt mode. But I have seen every my team video aarava, tom97 and tiametmarduk have put out. From what i can see, the game gives out warnings in regards to cashflow prior to resigning your current driver, or signing a new one. Prior to the half way point and at the end of the season. So from what i can see, its very obvious that cash needs to be saved for this.

It also looks like Codemasters even thought of this exact scenario happening prior to release as well, judging by the ops experience of running low on cash but receiving an academy driver.

My point was that prize money should be able to be used for driver purchases. A point I'm pretty sure I remember Tiametmarduk expressing too actually.

7 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

My point was that prize money should be able to be used for driver purchases. A point I'm pretty sure I remember Tiametmarduk expressing too actually.

They did express that they should have been given the end of season budget before hiring a new driver, but at the same time they also prepared for it by saving 16 million due to the in game warnings. They have also done the same thing to keep their 2d driver at the half way mark in their season 2 gameplay.

5 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

They did express that they should have been given the end of season budget before hiring a new driver, but at the same time they also prepared for it by saving 16 million due to the in game warnings. They have also done the same thing to keep their 2d driver at the half way mark in their season 2 gameplay.

I know :classic_smile:

A thing that is missing from the game mode completely is financing. There is no possibility of taking a loan, which would also solve this problem. I'd love it if they made the mode a bit more complex, or add an option to do so. I'm thinking about hiring and managing personnel such as head designers, chief engineers etc, and make the financial side of the game more complex and interesting. The running costs atm are a joke. Some 10k for wind tunnel maintenance and operation? Sure...

Archived