Sign in to follow this  

The PC Thread

Big thanks for that reply,  I will ask how much I will have to pay to step up the CPU. If that is to expensive can it be upgraded later when I can afford it.  
Cheers 

gadjet said:
Big thanks for that reply,  I will ask how much I will have to pay to step up the CPU. If that is to expensive can it be upgraded later when I can afford it.  
Cheers 

Yea it sure can bud, that motherboard can support all but 2 of the FX series CPU's. A good future upgrade would be the FX 8350, which is the same CPU that Sharpy has :)

How much are they asking for that system you posted? Also if you ask them to upgrade the CPU and they say yes, let us know what they'll upgrade you to, and how much extra they want for it.

The cost of the pc is £429, I will ring Thursday to see what CPU they can upgrade to and the cost and I will let you know. Always grateful for your advice. 
Many thanks

@Hughesy Getting there dude! :)

Looks good bud, although I love green so I'd keep the standard colour. After all I did have green coolent when I had a water loop. Just wish my stupid condition would allow me to still use it :( I miss my Gpu being totally silent and only 50c.

Hughesy said:
@Hughesy Getting there dude! :)

Looks good bud, although I love green so I'd keep the standard colour. After all I did have green coolent when I had a water loop. Just wish my stupid condition would allow me to still use it :( I miss my Gpu being totally silent and only 50c.
yeah I'd have left it alone myself but that's me

@sjsharp2010 It's one of the spare LED's I got from buying 2 780 reference coolers :p I still have the original green one from my 980, and a green one from one of the 780's.

All done now, well happy with how it's looking! :D 

@onetwothree Uh oh. Recycling the Recycle Bin causes what I can only describe as a mini black hole to form inside your computer. Time and space may speed up and fold in on themselves, taking you with them. 

Your clock is 12 hours ahead of ours you say? Dear mother of God... It's already too late for you.

@onetwothree Uh oh. Recycling the Recycle Bin causes what I can only describe as a mini black hole to form inside your computer. Time and space may speed up and fold in on themselves, taking you with them. 

Your clock is 12 hours ahead of ours you say? Dear mother of God... It's already too late for you.
let's just hope the black hole doesn't expand and suck the rest of us in :p

let's just hope the black hole doesn't expand and suck the rest of us in :p
Nah it only effects Aussies  :p

If you delete the recycle bin, does it disappear or get filled?
It will disappear until you enabled it again.
You big meanie, giving me a disagree  :'(

:p 

mike96 said:
Someone gives a disagree and it's not @onetwothree?

@RevolvingPrawn how does that happen? :p
It doesn't... Clearly this black hole has badly affected the Australians.

mike96 said:
Someone gives a disagree and it's not @onetwothree?

@RevolvingPrawn how does that happen? :p
It doesn't... Clearly this black hole has badly affected the Australians.
Clearly it makes them work in reverse for some reason :p

@RevolvingPrawn‌ Good news, there's a demo for The Evil Within  :D So I can try it to see if I like it http://www.pcgamer.com/the-evil-within-gets-a-demo-owners-get-free-copy-of-call-of-cthulhu/ Btw you also get a free copy of Call of Cthulhu, pretty old game and I've never played it, but hay it's free o:) 

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn‌ Good news, there's a demo for The Evil Within  :D So I can try it to see if I like it http://www.pcgamer.com/the-evil-within-gets-a-demo-owners-get-free-copy-of-call-of-cthulhu/ Btw you also get a free copy of Call of Cthulhu, pretty old game and I've never played it, but hay it's free o:) 
Give it a go bud, I haven't been on since they've patched it, but don't expect it to help bud. When I did it through the console it just zooms the camera in even closer and you can barely see anything lol.

Hughesy said:
Give it a go bud, I haven't been on since they've patched it, but don't expect it to help bud. When I did it through the console it just zooms the camera in even closer and you can barely see anything lol.
No bud its a proper fix so that doesn't happen now ;) They didn't just patch in a setting from the console commands so people have told me. Not sure you you will get that free game as its only if you buy from Steam (I think) It's meant to be a pretty good horror game even though it came out in 2006.

Just had a quick test and you're right :) Should make the game a lot easier to play I think.

As for the free game, I'm not really too bothered about it :p 

Just had a quick test and you're right :) Should make the game a lot easier to play I think.

As for the free game, I'm not really too bothered about it :p 
How come you've only played it for like 1.7 hours bud? I thought you liked it, or has F1 been keeping you occupied  o:)

Says I've played it for 7 hours on mine :p There's 15 chapters and I'm on 6 or 7 I think.
Lol silly Steam, says you've only played it 1.7 hours on mine.... :# The Demo includes the first three chapters, so that's pretty good. Not really loving it yet, just hiding from that fat man with a chainsaw.