Sign in to follow this  

The PC Thread

Herby007 said:
Hughesy said:
Herby007 said:
You two mess around with your computers far too much. Seem to create problems with every step you take  ;)
What problems have I had???  :o Also it's a hobby bud, only prawn messes stuff up :p Me its the other way around, PC is fine but consoles go wrong. Had disc drive fail on PS4 and fan make a stupid noise in X1 :( And hay didn't I see you moaning about your PC the other week :p :p
Probably moaned about Windows. My actual PC parts work as intended ;). I did want some advice on dust filters and a case, but nobody cared to answer that and hey, the parts you guys would recommend would probably spontaneously combust anyway :p.

Think i've lost sight of the whole "PC building as a hobby" thing. I look at my PC, see so much I could change/do to tart it up and make it run better, but I really can't be bothered when I come home at 6pm from my work. Wish I could be motivated to care more for my PC but I just can't :(.
Not sure why you'd need advice on dust filters, they're all the same really. My PC has them built in so I've never needed them :p That's why I didn't answer as they're all the same. Why would you want a new case and then say "I've lost sight of the whole PC building thing" and "I really can't be bothered" lol If that's the case don't buy a new case as that involves rebuilding your PC  :p

@RevolvingPrawn‌ If you waited a bit longer to get the 980 you could've got Far Cry 4 for free :p http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-to-offer-ubisoft-bundle.html Its partly why I got my 780 when I did, as I got Splinter Cell and AC Blackflag.  :p 

New case from NZXT would be nice for me, considering I like green o:) http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nzxt-h440-special-edition.html

That's ok, I was desperate for the 980 so I couldn't have waited this long lol. When I got my 770 though I got SC, AC4, and Batman AC so not getting any with the 980 didn't bother me :)

Thinking of a new case then? ;)

That's ok, I was desperate for the 980 so I couldn't have waited this long lol. When I got my 770 though I got SC, AC4, and Batman AC so not getting any with the 980 didn't bother me :)

Oh yea forgot I got Batman lol. Na not thinking of a new case, I just like the case o:) My next upgrade will be a GPU, but I want atleast 6GB of Vram. AMD card partners have just released a 8GB 290x, but Im not getting that. Hope this will push Nvidia to release the 980 with more Vram. I'll probably wait until the next Gen as I need to save money at the moment.

Hughesy said:

Oh yea forgot I got Batman lol. Na not thinking of a new case, I just like the case o:) My next upgrade will be a GPU, but I want atleast 6GB of Vram. AMD card partners have just released a 8GB 290x, but Im not getting that. Hope this will push Nvidia to release the 980 with more Vram. I'll probably wait until the next Gen as I need to save money at the moment.
Well the latest rumour I've heard is that Nvidia are getting an 8GB 980 ready for release before Christmas, purely to rival the 8GB 290X :p Tbh, I'm not too worried about missing out on the extra 4GB, mainly because I don't use a resolution as high as you do, and I'm really happy with my monitor :) And I don't plan on doing any 4K gaming until the prices are much much more reasonable.

Hughesy said:

Well the latest rumour I've heard is that Nvidia are getting an 8GB 980 ready for release before Christmas, purely to rival the 8GB 290X :p Tbh, I'm not too worried about missing out on the extra 4GB, mainly because I don't use a resolution as high as you do, and I'm really happy with my monitor :) And I don't plan on doing any 4K gaming until the prices are much much more reasonable.
The problem comes when you get bad console ports, as they use unified memory, which is why some games use so much Vram. 

Hughesy said:

Same here m y next upgrade will probably be graphics but that won't probably be for at least a couple of years but that'll be during a quiet spell  when I'm not looking at buying anything else but I'm happy with my system for now

Does anyone know of software that I can use to export videos (ie. .MTS) to sound only formats (.mp3)? Audacity unfortunately wont open/convert video files...

Hughesy said:
btw the typhoons were cheaper than the Corsair ones when they were still being made :p
I kinda wish I got another H100i as it did look awesome! Having one sat here but not having the bits to use it is very annoying. The NH-D15 is big and ugly but it does the job as I no longer care about looks so much, just performance.
Just read this thread from start to finish as I am a PC builder myself, interesting stuff. I picked up on this, I may have the mounting bits you need or my mate may have them as I have AMD and he has Intel, what bits do you need for what system?

Hughesy said:
btw the typhoons were cheaper than the Corsair ones when they were still being made :p
I kinda wish I got another H100i as it did look awesome! Having one sat here but not having the bits to use it is very annoying. The NH-D15 is big and ugly but it does the job as I no longer care about looks so much, just performance.
Just read this thread from start to finish as I am a PC builder myself, interesting stuff. I picked up on this, I may have the mounting bits you need or my mate may have them as I have AMD and he has Intel, what bits do you need for what system?
Thanks for the suggestion but I already found a place to get the parts. I've decided to stick with my Noctua NH-D15 for now anyway as changing things in my PC has become very hard due to my disability, which is why I went back to air cooling, I had a custom water loop before but it became too much for me.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Thanks for the suggestion but I already found a place to get the parts. I've decided to stick with my Noctua NH-D15 for now anyway as changing things in my PC has become very hard due to my disabilty, which is why I went back to air cooling, I had a custom water loop before but it became too much for me.
No problem, one reason why I went a closed loop system as I have sausage fingers and a bad history of liquids and electricity lol.

Does anyone know of software that I can use to export videos (ie. .MTS) to sound only formats (.mp3)? Audacity unfortunately wont open/convert video files...
if you mean download videos onto your computer there are 2 that I use RealPlayer Cloud and Keepvid they work well with youtube visd and Dailymotion but not sure about others.

Haha, same, but the worst part is I'm having a tuna and sweetcorn baked potato for dinner :( Had sausage and chips at lunch from the takeaway directly next door to where I work, so gotta eat something a little healthy at least!

Haha, same, but the worst part is I'm having a tuna and sweetcorn baked potato for dinner :( Had sausage and chips at lunch from the takeaway directly next door to where I work, so gotta eat something a little healthy at least!
I'm cooking a lamb tagine o:) The PC thread is now the food thread lol

Lol no! This can't happen, one of my favourite threads this is :p And just think of that little lamb while you're eating. So innocent, so small, a little bundle of joy that melts everybody's heart, having it's head smashed in for your pleasure. Enjoy your meal >:)

To move it back on topic... The estimated delivery for my new Corsair fans has come forward a day to tomorrow, so fingers crossed I get to have fun putting them in tomorrow evening ;) Gonna play a fair bit of Alien: Isolation tonight so the urge to play tomorrow night isn't so strong.

That lamb looks so smug he deserves to be eaten B) I'm going to play Alien Isolation tonight as well bud.

Hughesy had a little lamb little lamb little lamb, Hughesy had a little lamb and now it's in his tum o:)