Sign in to follow this  

The PC Thread

So if you remove the new GPU does it boot up OK? 

You could try going into motherboard  bios and resetting to default. 

Yeah boots normally once its removed, ok will try that need to get a wired keyboard as mine is wireless.

Weird. What motherboard do you have? I can't remember ever having a PC fail to boot because of a GPU. Not been the smoothest upgrade has it  :|

Can you not use your wireless keyboard to get into bios? When I had a wireless one it still worked. 

No time for the wireless usb plugs to turn on  id say, i have a gigabyte b75m-d3v.

Will try the wired keyboard after dinner.

My wireless keyboard was cheap and still turned on in time. 

One thing you could try with the old GPU is checking and updating the motherboard  bios. 

Hughesy said:
My wireless keyboard was cheap and still turned on in time. 

One thing you could try with the old GPU is checking and updating the motherboard  bios. 
Legend mate reset and updated bios and it now works great :D 

Hughesy said:
Awesome, glad I could help, enjoy :D             
My pcie holder clip broke off, would that cause any issues?

It shouldn't, as long as you aren't picking your PC up and moving it about. 

Hughesy said:
Awesome, glad I could help, enjoy :D             
My pcie holder clip broke off, would that cause any issues?
Like Hughesy said, probably not. The one on my top card has been broken off for ages :p Long as it's screwed in securely I wouldn't worry.

So whats everyones thoughts on the 7740? Looks impressive I'll deff be getting one

I have 2 gaming PCs and I want to buy 2 Dirt 4 rally games/licenses.
Can these PCs play against each other?

If you have two Steam keys and two Steam accounts then yes, two keys on one account won't work. For Singleplayer yes you can play offline.

You mean changing just the connector? No, I normally just buy new fans, as stock case fans suck most of the time.

Hughesy said:
You mean changing just the connector? No, I normally just buy new fans, as stock case fans suck most of the time.
Mean i want to connect 4 fans to 1 connector and i already changed my stock fans to Be Quiet fans.

Oh, well probably not as there wouldn’t be enough power to run 4 of them on one connector. You could get away with 2 though.

Hughesy said:
Oh, well probably not as there wouldn’t be enough power to run 4 of them on one connector. You could get away with 2 though.
I ended up buying a 3 connector cable.

Thread revival.

So the new Nvidia GPU's were just announced and the prices are insane!  I only wanted one for better VR performance, but now I'll have to wait and see the performance, because they are going to need to be insane for me to get one. Thank goodness I do most of my gaming on console now, can't deal with mid tier GPU being priced as high end ones...

£1000 for a 2080, that's it I'm done, this is not on, I don't care how good it is. I know there's cheaper 80s, but none of them should be 1K, not even the Ti's. I might regret getting VR now if I can't upgrade my 980...

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-geforce-rtx-2080-rog-strix-oc-gaming-8gb-gddr6-vr-ready-graphics-card-2944-core

To develop and test a virtual reality you need a very powerful computer. I work in a company which develops games with virtual reality for special virtual reality centers. For example, the club of virtual reality in Melbourne - https://virivr.com.au/. I'm creating 3d models. Then for the rendering, we use a GPU GTX Titanium x. In addition, all computers have powerful processors and large amounts of RAM (DDR 4). We also have several virtual reality helmets to test developed games. Therefore, the development of virtual reality requires a significant investment of money.

Huh? I already have VR, I'm well aware how demanding it is, that's why I was going to replace my 980, but I'm not paying Titan X money for a 2080