Sign in to follow this  

The PC Thread

Hughesy said:
Huh? I already have VR, I'm well aware how demanding it is, that's why I was going to replace my 980, but I'm not paying Titan X money for a 2080

Yeah I think I need to upgrade my graphics cards given I'm still using 770's but I'm not paying that kind of money as I can't afford it.

After checking the required specs for games coming out that interest me and discovering that my graphics cards barely meet the minimum requirements I decided it's time for an upgrade and ordered a couple of GTX 1070's. Going to hurt my bank balance but because my computer is SLI I kind of have to. Must admit when I next change PC's I'll likely just go back to a single card PC

I’m kinda new into the whole Pc community so if it at a point nVidia did make cpus just let me know. I was just wondering bc I was like hmmm if I really I wanted to I could make a full amd system (ryzen and Radeon graphics cards) and I can’t do the same for nVidia

Nvidia will never make PC CPU's. AMD and Intel own the patents for the x86 CPU architecture. nVidia can't create an x86 CPU because that would be illegal.

I have a HP Pavilion something-something-something (Sorry, there are many HP Pavilion laptop's and I can't remember the numbers and letters, that followed the word 'Pavilion' on my model, hence why I said "something-something-something"! :D ).

McStanley

@Hughesy @RevolvingPrawn My Psu i bought 12 months ago dies about a week ago and was without a pc until today, luckily the psu was still under warrenty and swapped it for a Cooler master MWE gold edition.

Nice, wish my Switch was under warranty and that the Nintendo service centre worked. I'm about ready to punch the next person I see, hopefully it's my next door neighbour as I actually hate him lol.

@Hughesy @RevolvingPrawn I'm shopping around for a goos aftermarket cpu cooler, can you guy recommend a good one and i'd prefer air cooling over liquid.

@Hughesy @RevolvingPrawn I'm shopping around for a goos aftermarket cpu cooler, can you guy recommend a good one and i'd prefer air cooling over liquid.
Pretty much anything by Noctua and you can't go wrong bud. They have a bit of a 'unique' colour scheme going on though.

Otherwise, something from Be Quiet! would be a good choice too.

Pretty much anything by Noctua and you can't go wrong bud. They have a bit of a 'unique' colour scheme going on though.

Otherwise, something from Be Quiet! would be a good choice too.
Thanks mate, i need height to clear the ram slots so will Noctua still be good?

They are designed to fit over ram, although it depends if your ram have huge heatsinks. They give specs on the clearance level, so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Anyone know of a better program than Speedfan? Ive been been feeling heat coming from my pc for the last few days and the program says everything is is running at optimal temperature but wondering could the program be wrong. Any ideas.

If you want to track temps for the GPU and CPU then use afterburner. PC's are designed to shut down when they reach a critical temperature anyway, but they can also crash when they get hot, so if you haven't had that happen then I wouldn't worry.

How's this for a revival?! I've just bought myself a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 laptop, as my old Samsung one is on its last legs. It's brilliant, so much faster than the old one and has a massive 17.3" screen!

Amazing.. very nice..Hats off.. I am not a PC nerd but this system looks very cool can anyone tell me how i can get that PC.