F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

The PC Thread

AMS97KRR said:
Yep, the EVGA one is perfect for your system, and it leaves you a bit of freedom for future upgrades :) 

I'll go with £90 and do some looking about for you shortly :)
Ok thanks mate :)
Ok, had a good look around, did a load of comparisons, and came out with 2 GPU's for you :p

If you want an AMD card, I'd say not to bother with the 7750 or the 7770, go for one of these as it outperforms both of the 7000 series cards :)
http://www.cclonline.com/product/134755/11222-06-20G/Graphics-Cards/Sapphire-Radeon-R7-260X-Overclocked-2GB-Graphics-Card-PCI-E-DVI-HDMI-DisplayPort/VGA2199/

I looked at Nvidia cards too, and the closest I found was an  EVGA GTX 750, but honestly, that R7 260X was better in the important ways :) 

Hope that helps!

AMS97KRR said:
Yep, the EVGA one is perfect for your system, and it leaves you a bit of freedom for future upgrades :) 

I'll go with £90 and do some looking about for you shortly :)
Ok thanks mate :)
Ok, had a good look around, did a load of comparisons, and came out with 2 GPU's for you :p

If you want an AMD card, I'd say not to bother with the 7750 or the 7770, go for one of these as it outperforms both of the 7000 series cards :)
http://www.cclonline.com/product/134755/11222-06-20G/Graphics-Cards/Sapphire-Radeon-R7-260X-Overclocked-2GB-Graphics-Card-PCI-E-DVI-HDMI-DisplayPort/VGA2199/

I looked at Nvidia cards too, and the closest I found was an  EVGA GTX 750, but honestly, that R7 260X was better in the important ways :) 

Hope that helps!
That R7 looks pretty decent, cheers for the help :D 

Is that site a reliable one or should I get it elsewhere?

No worries bud, it's kinda fun looking at PC parts and comparing them so it's all good :) 
The R7 ain't bad at all, a good budget card and it'll handle most games so you should be set for a while with it. And Sapphire are also a pretty good brand :)

That site is indeed reliable, I bought my Corsair case and a bunch of other bits from them. Plus the R7 is around £25 more on some other sites :p

Well it'll be better than my AMD Radeon 6670 HD so that is good. Have to see how much I could get for that and the PSU.

Ok, I've bookmarked it for future reference :) 

Technically a PC question: Anyone using a nvidia shield? Theoretically sounds great.

Herby007 said:
Technically a PC question: Anyone using a nvidia shield? Theoretically sounds great.
I've heard of them but no I've never used one

Guess nobody has an experience with the shield. Shame.

Looking to treat myself this summer with finally getting a new case, RAM and Hard Drive. Seems the Hard Drive costs have taken a nose dive. A 3TB hard drive for £72? Mental.

Thinking of getting a Micro ATX with good ventilation rather than a Midi and another 4GB of RAM. Micro ATX just because Midis seem very bulky to me these days :/ need to make sure my graphics card will fit though!

Herby007 said:
Guess nobody has an experience with the shield. Shame.

Looking to treat myself this summer with finally getting a new case, RAM and Hard Drive. Seems the Hard Drive costs have taken a nose dive. A 3TB hard drive for £72? Mental.

Thinking of getting a Micro ATX with good ventilation rather than a Midi and another 4GB of RAM. Micro ATX just because Midis seem very bulky to me these days :/ need to make sure my graphics card will fit though!
yeah my 3tb drive only cost about £80installed most of my games on it exceprt those I want on my SSD

This might be a little out of place, I've not read much of the thread.

Does anyone know of/ have a program that opens/extracts .bup files? Someone recommended me QuickTime, but that doesn't work, and unless they mean pro, which is £30, I'm stumped. 

This might be a little out of place, I've not read much of the thread.

Does anyone know of/ have a program that opens/extracts .bup files? Someone recommended me QuickTime, but that doesn't work, and unless they mean pro, which is £30, I'm stumped. 
http://www.blazevideo.com/blog/what-is-vob-bup-ifo-files-and-how-to-play-them.html
Maybe this is helpful.

Nice! I used to be a PC gamer as well. I only played iRacing. I let my subscription expire and haven't logged on lately as I'm upset a lot of tracks are out dated as well as most vehicles.

Bit of an update! And thread revival :p Just added a new part to my PC and it looks cool B) Also just a fairly recent pic of how it's looking atm.

Is that fan controller ok then bud? As I've has a few and each made my fans click or buzz. Looks good btw B)  

Yea this one's working really well, and it feels really well built too :) Strange thing about it though, fan 5 is showing 900rpm, while the rest show 800, even though all the fans are identical lol. Plus fan 4 is at 900 too now and won't let me go down to 800 even though it was at that before. Not much of a problem though, still very very quiet! Plus you can turn the fans off from it if you need to, the display can show centigrade or fahrenheit, and there's 7 or 8 different colours the display can switch between :)

Cheers bud  o:)  that'll be the next thing I'll buy for my PC. Since I did my Watercooling ages ago I've meant to paint my PC green, but I like the green and white I have at the moment.

@Hughesy @Herby007 @sjsharp2010 Advice please guys! Amazon are selling the Corsair H100i (Edit: Will have to be the H80i, the H100i wouldn't fit into my case :p) at about 40% off atm brand new... I'm tempted, but is it worth it? I'm using a be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 at the moment and my average idle temp is 30c, usually goes up to around 60c ish when gaming. Plus I'm sorta worried about it ever leaking and destroying my other parts...

@Hughesy @Herby007 @sjsharp2010 Advice please guys! Amazon are selling the Corsair H100i (Edit: Will have to be the H80i, the H100i wouldn't fit into my case :p) at about 40% off atm brand new... I'm tempted, but is it worth it? I'm using a be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 at the moment and my average idle temp is 30c, usually goes up to around 60c ish when gaming. Plus I'm sorta worried about it ever leaking and destroying my other parts...
Ah shame I could've given you a H100i as I don't use it. The fans that come with it are loud and the temps you have are fine so it would be a waste of money. I think Corsair actually replace your components if it leaks and ruins any of your hardware. The aio coolers aren't that great and in most cases not as good as top end air coolers. I'd stick to what you have atm, I've made so many pointless "upgrades" as I always had the itch to change something in my PC but thankfully I'm past that now.

Well, I could probably shoehorn it in there ;) I'd only really have to swap my optical drive around with my fan controller and it would fit, it's just effort! Lol.
If I did get one I probably wouldn't use the fans that come with it anyway bud, I really like the Aerocool fans I'm using so I'd just use those instead and control the speed of it from the front panel. I am leaning towards waste of money too though, and looking at temp tests only seems like I'd get at max a 3c improvement (as I'd run it on Quiet all the time lol). It just looks cooler than my current cooler! B)

Go for a proper wc setup like me then bud B) The problem with the aio coolers though is you have to buy a new one eventually as the water evaporates.

Lol, as awesome as that'd be, I'm also scared to death of mucking part of it up and like destroying my GPU or something :p And if I did then I'd be at fault, but with an aio system, if it goes wrong then Corsair could buy me new parts ;)

Lol, as awesome as that'd be, I'm also scared to death of mucking part of it up and like destroying my GPU or something :p And if I did then I'd be at fault, but with an aio system, if it goes wrong then Corsair could buy me new parts ;)
yeah that's the other reason why I decided to just stick with fans in my system too