F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

The PC Thread

Talking of this, I've just realised I have to flush the system and re do it all and I really can't be arsed  :s think I'll do it over a few days as it really messes me up... I'm tempted to go back to air cooling but I've spent so much on the water cooling it would be silly to stop using it.

Hughesy said:
Talking of this, I've just realised I have to flush the system and re do it all and I really can't be arsed  :s think I'll do it over a few days as it really messes me up... I'm tempted to go back to air cooling but I've spent so much on the water cooling it would be silly to stop using it.
And another downside :p Sometimes I feel far too lazy to do stuff like that! Even dusting the system once a month is sometimes like "Ugggh, but it's really warm, and this chair is soooooooooooo comfortable" lol. But yea, don't go back to air cooling bud! After the effort you put into setting up  you PC you gotta keep it in there! And remember when you posted your pics of putting the watercooling in on Vbulls? That was awesome :)

So now I just wanna buy something that'll make my PC look even snazzier (something to boost performance would be good, but not essential!), any suggestions? B)

@RevolvingPrawn‌  Just ordered all the stuff to redo my water cooling but I'm not looking forward to it :s With the way my body has been lately it might be sensible to do it over a few days, but knowing me I'll want to do it all at once.lol

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn‌  Just ordered all the stuff to redo my water cooling but I'm not looking forward to it :s With the way my body has been lately it might be sensible to do it over a few days, but knowing me I'll want to do it all at once.lol

If it's any consolation I'm a bit like that too

Same for me as both of you :p I also have a tendency to put everything in absolutely perfectly before testing it, only to find either something doesn't work or I've forgotten to connect a cable somewhere lol.

You got anyone who can help you with it @Hughesy?

Same for me as both of you :p I also have a tendency to put everything in absolutely perfectly before testing it, only to find either something doesn't work or I've forgotten to connect a cable somewhere lol.

You got anyone who can help you with it @Hughesy?
Nope, my brother probably would but  he wouldn't do it properly which is why I built his PC haha. I just have to time it right while my medication is working. Maybe  it won't take me as long now that I've done it a few times.

Still kinda wish  I went back to air cooling. My body is pretty messed up at the moment, but I suppose once I've flushed and refilled it I'll be ok. I have bought new tubing but now I think I'll not bother changing it over as I'm just flushing and refilling instead of cleaning the blocks, well unless I can see any gunk in it.
I really should've put in a valve to empty it as it would've made life easier lol When you have MS you really shouldn't make life hard for yourself, like watercooling a PC, but I never think logically...

Hughesy said:
Still kinda wish  I went back to air cooling. My body is pretty messed up at the moment, but I suppose once I've flushed and refilled it I'll be ok. I have bought new tubing but now I think I'll not bother changing it over as I'm just flushing and refilling instead of cleaning the blocks, well unless I can see any gunk in it.
I really should've put in a valve to empty it as it would've made life easier lol When you have MS you really shouldn't make life hard for yourself, like watercooling a PC, but I never think logically...
That's one of the main reasons why I'm glad I do think logically as I do most of the time make life easier for myself. This  was one of the reasons why I went back to basic air cooling in my new PC so I didn't have to worry about topping up the liquid cooling in my old one plus I felt I needed a newer more powerful processor anyway. My old machine ran quickly enough but what with the new consoles. I felt I needed to change to a system that I could customize to my needs and still get the enjoyment and entertainment I needed. So far though my new system hasn't let me down but it did cost plenty but then I went in expecting it to.

So apparently I need to take apart the water block and clean it as the small channels can become clogged up (meant to do this once a year) but I didn't do this last time so two years without doing that, so I think I'll have to :s
Also while looking at stuff you can buy a waterblock for Xbox One...lol pretty pointless when the X1 doesn't get hot.

Hughesy said:
So apparently I need to take apart the water block and clean it as the small channels can become clogged up (meant to do this once a year) but I didn't do this last time so two years without doing that, so I think I'll have to :s
Also while looking at stuff you can buy a waterblock for Xbox One...lol pretty pointless when the X1 doesn't get hot.
Yeah I wouldn't bother with one for mine either. I may get 1 or 2 external HDD's for it at some point but that depends on how many games I end up buying during the XB1's lifetime but I'm not too worried about that right now as I've only got 2 games for it at the moment.

I fucking give up! Bloody spaz hands ended up getting a massive spasm chucking the coolant everywhere but luckily not over components. Sorry to disappoint you @RevolvingPrawn‌  but I'm going to to an air cooled PC... :s

Hughesy said:
I fucking give up! Bloody spaz hands ended up getting a massive spasm chucking the coolant everywhere but luckily not over components. Sorry to disappoint you @RevolvingPrawn‌  but I'm going to to an air cooled PC... :s
probably for the best given your condition I wouldn't want that to happen to one of my machines either. Especially given how expensive some of thee parts can be. Mine cost about £1700 and that was before I installed the SSD and swapped to a bigger 2nd HDD as I couldn't get the HDDthat came with the system to format properly. Although it was expensive it works perfectly now and pretty much plays all my games with flying colours even demanding games like Tomb raider

Yea it probably is. I try to carry on as if it doesn't effect me but it clearly does. Might use my Corsair H100i if it works ok still as even though it's watercooling it's a aio cooler. If not I'll buy a Noctua NH-D15 as I have the previous version but can't find all it bits lol, it's the best air cooler although ugly.

@Hughesy That sucks dude :( But if you're having trouble maintaining it then it's deffo best the switch back to air cooling. All you need is compressed air and some kitchen roll to clean it :p 
Give the H100i another go for now though I'd agree, the longer you can keep the horrific looks of a Noctua out of your beautiful system the better :p
Is it just me or does the colour scheme of those coolers remind you of the car from Harry and the Hendersons? ;)

Me? I've got an i7 4770K with a be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 cooler. The fan on the cooler had orange writing so I put a bit of black electrical tape over it lol.

Didn't know you had a better cpu than me :( I have 3570k but tbh games don't test them as much as a gpu. The annoying thing about tonight is I'll have to send back the stuff I ordered today lol, and if I don't have all the bits for the H100i I'll have to wait until Monday to get the cooler but at least I have my X1 to keep me occupied.

Hughesy said:
Didn't know you had a better cpu than me :( I have 3570k but tbh games don't test them as much as a gpu. The annoying thing about tonight is I'll have to send back the stuff I ordered today lol, and if I don't have all the bits for the H100i I'll have to wait until Monday to get the cooler but at least I have my X1 to keep me occupied.
I didn't either :p I always assumed you had the same CPU as me. Tbh though there's probably hardly any different in it when it comes to gaming and every day use between ours :) As for the GPU, we're running more or less the same aren't we? If I can remember, you're using SLI'd 680's with water cooling blocks right? So you have me beaten by a fair margin if I'm not wrong :pensive: 

That's the one thing I hate about PC building! You can't just walk into a shop to get the bits you need, hardly any stock the good stuff. It all has to be ordered online and then you have to wait lol. And I suck at waiting. Thank god for the X1 though, what games have you got atm?

Hughesy said:
I didn't either :p I always assumed you had the same CPU as me. Tbh though there's probably hardly any different in it when it comes to gaming and every day use between ours :) As for the GPU, we're running more or less the same aren't we? If I can remember, you're using SLI'd 680's with water cooling blocks right? So you have me beaten by a fair margin if I'm not wrong :pensive: 

That's the one thing I hate about PC building! You can't just walk into a shop to get the bits you need, hardly any stock the good stuff. It all has to be ordered online and then you have to wait lol. And I suck at waiting. Thank god for the X1 though, what games have you got atm?
Nope I'm using a single 780 but with a hefty overclock, but that might change without watercooling as it did t going over 40c load tempts. I think if I don't have all the bit for my H100i I'll pay for Saturday delivery as I'm like you, I'm really bad at waiting.  I'd never have Sli as it causes too many problems with a lot of games.
in my X1 I have Forza 5,  Titanfall and Metro Redux.

ahh poo, I don't know where I put the parts to screw the H100i to the cpu :(

Edit: Just ordered the Noctua NH-15 as I'm not really fussed about looks, I just want good performance. It's an updated version of the NH-14 that most high end overclockers use. I paid for Saturday delivery so I should get it tomorrow  B)

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Nope I'm using a single 780 but with a hefty overclock, but that might change without watercooling as it did t going over 40c load tempts. I think if I don't have all the bit for my H100i I'll pay for Saturday delivery as I'm like you, I'm really bad at waiting.  I'd never have Sli as it causes too many problems with a lot of games.
in my X1 I have Forza 5,  Titanfall and Metro Redux.

ahh poo, I don't know where I put the parts to screw the H100i to the cpu :(

Edit: Just ordered the Noctua NH-15 as I'm not really fussed about looks, I just want good performance. It's an updated version of the NH-14 that most high end overclockers use. I paid for Saturday delivery so I should get it tomorrow  B)

nice card though although I personally have never had any problems with SLI'd cards as most of the time for me they've run better configured that way hadsome issues with my 660's with Tomb Raider but other than that nothing too major. If I remember rightly me and @RevolvingPrawn have the same card the 770 although I've got the 4 gig version whereas I think he said he had the 2 gig one.

@Hughesy Ah my bad, you did have a 680 though didn't you? I've looked at the 780, it's a badass card! Which make and model do you have?
Sucks about the H100i parts dude, can you not get them from Corsair? But hell yea on Saturday delivery lol. The amount of times I've done that :p 

@sjsharp2010 Yup, got the 2GB version but it still gets the job done very very well :)

@Hughesy Ah my bad, you did have a 680 though didn't you? I've looked at the 780, it's a badass card! Which make and model do you have?
Sucks about the H100i parts dude, can you not get them from Corsair? But hell yea on Saturday delivery lol. The amount of times I've done that :p 

@sjsharp2010 Yup, got the 2GB version but it still gets the job done very very well :)
Nope I had a 670 last time, I've never  had a 680 :p if I contacted Corsair they'd probably take ages to send me it lol. I have this one http://www.scan.co.uk/products/6gb-msi-gtx-780-twin-frozr-oc-gaming-pcie-30-6008mhz-gddr5-gpu-954mhz-boost-1006mhz-cores-2304-dp-dv Edit: I only have the 3GB model not the 6gb one I linked as they didn't do them when I got mine, I could've done with the extra mem as I play at 1440p
It's meant to be a very quite cooler but I won't know until tomorrow as I slapped a water block straight on it when I got it haha. It was between this one and Asus direct cu ii like I had on the 670. According to reviews the MSI is a slightly better cooler, but the  main thing was that it overclocked very high compared to the others.

Edit: Overclockers just got back to me after setting up my rma. The bloke agreed it's probably not smart to carry on with a watercooled PC due to my MS. I've just emailed them back asking if they can setup the delivery pickup, but I don't think they will as it's me changing my mind and not faulty products so I'll probably have to pay myself.

3gb is still good I would have liked to have gone with a higher card myself when putting my machine together but couldn't afford it at the time but I'm happy with what I've got. I could go higher now if I really wanted to as I have the money back that I was owed.  Seeing as my machine is running pretty sweetly at the moment I don't see the need to change anything so won't bother for now. I'm hoping I don't have to for at least another 5/6 years anyway. Seeing as my machine can handle Watchdogs well (and that's got pretty high specs) I'm pretty confident I'll be fine for a little while yet at least. 

@RevolvingPrawn  I'm pretty sure it does. It's a powerful card that's one of the main reasons why I got it. I only chose the 4gb version to help futureproof it a bit as hopefully the extra memory will  help with that. At least that was the thought behind my choosing that version