Jump to content Jump to content

I've got C which has a wee windows logo next to it and D(tempPart01) whatever that is
that means that Windows is installed on the C drive as for the D drive that could mean that's the recovery partition normally it's labelled as recovery though so not 100% sure
Yeah the desktop has D: titled recovery so :/ 

I'll google it :pensive: 
Apparently its a partition of the hard drive for recovery files and stuff so :L
Got it installed :D 

For some reason its not picking up my BT hub or any other connection, and everything seems a bit blurry :/

Is it picking up any other connections? If not you probably need to install the driver for your WiFi adapter. And same for the display adapter. Go to the website for your brand of laptop, look up the model number, and on the page that shows your laptop there'll be something nearby that says 'support' and you should be able to download any drivers you need from there :)
Got it installed :D 

For some reason its not picking up my BT hub or any other connection, and everything seems a bit blurry :/

Is it picking up any other connections? If not you probably need to install the driver for your WiFi adapter. And same for the display adapter. Go to the website for your brand of laptop, look up the model number, and on the page that shows your laptop there'll be something nearby that says 'support' and you should be able to download any drivers you need from there :)
Nah there's nothing at all :/

I assume I'll have to do that on another computer? :L
Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Just ordered four of these 140mm ones, went for them as they spin less but have a higher cfm rating compared to the 120mm version. I went for white and black as that'll match my PC. 
You won't be disappointed :) The 2 140's I have in the front of mine are extremely quiet, just turned all my other fans off for a moment, it was good! Just bear in mind that I run all of my fans at 700rpm, so if you run yours at 12v they will be louder :p 

Just had another play, my fan controller will only let me put them up to 1000rpm, but even then they're still very quiet compared to a standard case fan :)
Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Just ordered four of these 140mm ones, went for them as they spin less but have a higher cfm rating compared to the 120mm version. I went for white and black as that'll match my PC. 
You won't be disappointed :) The 2 140's I have in the front of mine are extremely quiet, just turned all my other fans off for a moment, it was good! Just bear in mind that I run all of my fans at 700rpm, so if you run yours at 12v they will be louder :p 

Just had another play, my fan controller will only let me put them up to 1000rpm, but even then they're still very quiet compared to a standard case fan :)
Yea I'll be running on full as I have most of my fans at the moment running over 1000rpm and my PC isn't loud. I haven't bought another fan controller yet as the last two made my fans buzz lol I know you had the same problem, but the one you have now works ok doesn't it? As its the same company. I have 6 fan ports on my motherboard anyway, but if these are silent I'll run them from my nzxt switch 810 case. It came with a part to plug the fans in and it's where you hide cables behind the mobo.

The 140mm fans max speed is 1000rpm so that's why your fan controller only let's you go to that bud. I actually have my PC quiet already after changing some fans (I have many different ones in a box lol) but really liked the ones you suggested, even though it's costing £60 including next day delivery but I think it'll be worth it. If not I'm coming for you bud o:) 

J/K
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Yea I'll be running on full as I have most of my fans at the moment running over 1000rpm and my PC isn't loud. I haven't bought another fan controller yet as the last two made my fans buzz lol I know you had the same problem, but the one you have now works ok doesn't it? As its the same company. I have 6 fan ports on my motherboard anyway, but if these are silent I'll run them from my nzxt switch 810 case. It came with a part to plug the fans in and it's where you hide cables behind the mobo.

The 140mm fans max speed is 1000rpm so that's why your fan controller only let's you go to that bud. I actually have my PC quiet already after changing some fans (I have many different ones in a box lol) but really liked the ones you suggested, even though it's costing £60 including next day delivery but I think it'll be worth it. If not I'm coming for you bud o:) 

J/K
Yea bud, I had the same issue (even though the first one was the same brand too!) but I figured if I threw more money at it it would fix itself ;) And it did! 
I wouldn't say they're silent, but that they're very quiet, and at a lower rpm than my last set of fans they still keep everything at the same temp as before, if not slightly cooler. That's an awesome case btw! Thinking that sometime in the future I'll upgrade my case too, for something similar in size to yours. Right now my 300R is really good, but I would definitely like some extra space one day :) 

Ah that's ok then, just used to 120's speedwise :p Got a bunch of fans on a shelf here lol, most of my Shark fans are in my second PC now, but I've got loads spare from one's that came with clicky bearings.
Cost me about the same! No next day delivery when I got em though, figured I'd already spent enough on them lol.
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

J/K
Yea bud, I had the same issue (even though the first one was the same brand too!) but I figured if I threw more money at it it would fix itself ;) And it did! 
I wouldn't say they're silent, but that they're very quiet, and at a lower rpm than my last set of fans they still keep everything at the same temp as before, if not slightly cooler. That's an awesome case btw! Thinking that sometime in the future I'll upgrade my case too, for something similar in size to yours. Right now my 300R is really good, but I would definitely like some extra space one day :) 

Ah that's ok then, just used to 120's speedwise :p Got a bunch of fans on a shelf here lol, most of my Shark fans are in my second PC now, but I've got loads spare from one's that came with clicky bearings.
Cost me about the same! No next day delivery when I got em though, figured I'd already spent enough on them lol.
I also have a Corsair 600T in white, and a NZXT phantom (red). I love the Corsair 600T case, I actually prefer it to the switch 810 but it would've taken so modding to support water cooling which is why I bought the Switch 810. I'm going to stick with the NZXT case for now as it supports so many fans. My 600T is actually sound proofed.
@RevolvingPrawn‌ Just got the fans bud, they look awesome. Also got my new Xbox One. There must've been a problem with the power brick with the last X1, as when it does the power cycle this time there's not a strange buzzing electrical noise.

Ok just installed them and I'm very impressed. One of them at full speed becasue of where it is makes a humming noise which my ears really pickup on. I used the 7v adapter and it was silent yet still moving a lot of air, so I now use the 7v plug for all of them. I'd say my PC is quieter than when I used water cooling but obviously not as low temps. And I know you like idle temps bud, my GPU now idles at 29c (before it was 32c) so that's pretty darn good, especially as they're only running at 700rpm. Haven't tested load temps yet, I won't be posting pics though as I can't be arsed. Lol o:)

Cheers for recommending them bud, I'm really pleased!

Edit: Playing Tomb Raider my GPU is 5c+ cooler and maybe more for my CPU. My aim wasn't really to get lower temps though, it was to make my PC quieter which it is by a long way. So the lower temps are a big bonus and they also look awesome! 
Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn‌ Just got the fans bud, they look awesome. Also got my new Xbox One. There must've been a problem with the power brick with the last X1, as when it does the power cycle this time there's not a strange buzzing electrical noise.

Ok just installed them and I'm very impressed. One of them at full speed becasue of where it is makes a humming noise which my ears really pickup on. I used the 7v adapter and it was silent yet still moving a lot of air, so I now use the 7v plug for all of them. I'd say my PC is quieter than when I used water cooling but obviously not as low temps. And I know you like idle temps bud, my GPU now idles at 29c (before it was 32c) so that's pretty darn good, especially as they're only running at 700rpm. Haven't tested load temps yet, I won't be posting pics though as I can't be arsed. Lol o:)

Cheers for recommending them bud, I'm really pleased!

Edit: Playing Tomb Raider my GPU is 5c+ cooler and maybe more for my CPU. My aim wasn't really to get lower temps though, it was to make my PC quieter which it is by a long way. So the lower temps are a big bonus and they also look awesome! 
Didn't think you'd be disappointed ;) If I didn't have my controller I'd be running mine with the 7v cable too, purely because of how awesomely quiet they are! And that's great about the idle temps :) Our GPU's now idle at the same temp lol. What I'm most pleased with is my CPU never goes above 58c now with these fans, even under full load, so I'm guessing roughly the same temp on yours?

Know what you mean about the humming noise! The Shark I used to use on my side door used to make a hum so I had to tape clear plastic over the top half to get it to stop! But with these fans at 700rpm the hum is gone thank god!

Oh, and pics of your system with the new fans in please :p  
Hughesy said:
Yea my CPU is about the same temp bud although I do has that huge Noctua. If I had your cpu it would be cooler, but ivy bridge runs insanely hot when overclocked... The fans might've costed me a lot but I think they were worth it.
Lol, what temp is it sat at right now?

Hell yea, I completely agree on that! They fully live up to what sites and reviews have said about them :) I may replace on of mine soon though, it's got a slightly clicky bearing, which at 700rpm isn't audible, but anything above that and it is... It's gotta be perfect though right? ;)
Not sure but I'd say at idle 36c, but I don't have them downclock like you so they stay at 4.2ghz. When I had water cooling I had them at 4.7ghz. I can't have them higher than 4.2 but there's not much performance to be had as the 3570k is so good already :) wish I could change the X1 fan though, it's not loud but when you go close it does make a weird chirpy noise (not like before) but it's probably the same as yours. I know this is the PC thread but might as well talk about it here. The power brick doesn't get hot at all (the last one got very hot)

btw the Tx wheel should be in stock by Wednesday, think I can actually cancel it but I still want it and as I now know there's a 12 month warranty via Shopto I'm not worried so much.
That's a good idle temp for your overclock and no downclocking :) Only 10c hotter than mine so not bad at all! 

Yea from the sounds of it it probably is the same as mine. Had the noise since the day I bought it so I've just put up with it :p I think my power brick gets pretty hot, but it's been a while since I checked it really. Planning on playing a shed-load of  Destiny this weekend so I'll check it all over then :) But I really do share your wish on the X1 fan, I'd put a Dead Silence in mine if I could :D 
That's a good idle temp for your overclock and no downclocking :) Only 10c hotter than mine so not bad at all! 

Yea from the sounds of it it probably is the same as mine. Had the noise since the day I bought it so I've just put up with it :p I think my power brick gets pretty hot, but it's been a while since I checked it really. Planning on playing a shed-load of  Destiny this weekend so I'll check it all over then :) But I really do share your wish on the X1 fan, I'd put a Dead Silence in mine if I could :D 
Same here, you could mod it but then you'd void the warranty, you can even buy water blocks for the X1 lol
Hughesy said:

Same here, you could mod it but then you'd void the warranty, you can even buy water blocks for the X1 lol
Haha, for real? Would you not have to always have the X1 missing pieces then though? Or does it somehow fit inside the case? It's bloody big enough lol :p 
Hughesy said:

Haha, for real? Would you not have to always have the X1 missing pieces then though? Or does it somehow fit inside the case? It's bloody big enough lol :p 
A water block is smaller than say the current X1 cpu cooler so it would fit fine, but where you'd put the rad and pump I do not know lol. You would probably have to cut two holes in the case for the pipes and then have the rad, pump and res outside it...
@RevolvingPrawn‌ I just bought Alien Isolation o:) Got it for £24, love games that scare me so couldn't wait any longer. Hoping it'll be ready before midnight (which it should be) so that I can play it in the dead of night with my Astro A50 headphones on  B)