Jump to content Jump to content

True on that dude, I'll be keeping an eye on them constantly now lol. So yea, yours will indeed run warming thanks to 1440p, now I'm wondering what temp differences 1080p and 4K DSR at 1080p will give me... Time for experiments!

Just ran Fire Strike Extreme, it basically ran as Fire Strike did with one 980 lol, scored 5937.
That's a great score for extreme, as that is really a 4K benchmark. It's really making me want SLI now, but that won't be for a while. Hoping AMD come out swinging, and thus making Nvidia cut prices like they did with the 780 :)
Sweet :) Well I won't be going 4K any time soon I don't think, I have been eyeing up some 1440p 144hz monitors, but the prices right now are just a bit nuts. 

When they do cut the prices I'll be like :'( but it'll definitely be a good thing for everyone else :p And so far, I've not really come across any big problems with SLI, had a bit of a stuttering issue with Dying Light but I found a fix online for that. So far dude it's been pretty much painless, haven't had any issues yet to put me off!
Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Any updates on how you're getting on with SLI? My 980 is staying single for now, but who knows, he may find a wife at some point. :joy: 
It's been ok dude, so far I've only had issues with 2 games. First was Metro 2033 Redux which refused to acknowledge there was a second card (despite there being an Nvidia SLI profile for it), I read there was a way to sort it but decided I couldn't be arsed at the time lol. And the second was The Evil Within, which I had to use Nvidia Inspector to force SLI with, then when I booted the game it still acted like one card, minimized the game, to google, and when I maximised it again SLI decided to work lol. 
Everything else has been good though :) 

Just about to turn on my Z3 B)
Strange, do you have the original Metro 2033? Normally they are seen as good developers that support PC, The Evil Within doesn't shock me though. One of the worst ports imo. Yes they added full screen and 60fps, but no optimisations was done to support those features, and the graphics are awful. Weird that I just booted up TEW just before you said that, I'm giving it another chance after @Lukedfrt said he just completed it and it was awesome. I Just find it hard to get into the game, but I'm trying to lol. Enjoy your new phone.
Hughesy said:
Strange, do you have the original Metro 2033? Normally they are seen as good developers that support PC, The Evil Within doesn't shock me though. One of the worst ports imo. Yes they added full screen and 60fps, but no optimisations was done to support those features, and the graphics are awful. Weird that I just booted up TEW just before you said that, I'm giving it another chance after @Lukedfrt said he just completed it and it was awesome. I Just find it hard to get into the game, but I'm trying to lol. Enjoy your new phone.
I do man yea, but after playing it with the Last Light gameplay style added in it's difficult to go back to the original :p I'll figure it out at some point though. 
Yea I figured I'd try it again too dude, but I'm still completely stuck at the point where you first face the guy with the safe on his head. So I've given up again I think, plus the cramped FOV doesn't help much. I'm getting frustrated with console ports having crappy FOV and no option to change them.

Loving the phone so far! Gonna have to spend most of the night customizing it to my liking now lol.
Yea the fov makes me feel ill. I've only just completed chapter 3. Played it for 30 minutes and got bored lol. Everything about it screams low budget, seems like an indie game. Not sure what to play now, can't play F1 as I've had a problem with my right arm all day. It was numb for 3 hours and I had to drive one handed to work, so lucky I have an automatic. Now it's really painful, not sure what's wrong with it, but couldn't be arsed to go to the doctors. I might still try playing F1 and just turn the ffb down, as I really have the itch to play it.
Glad I'm not the only one! It's just too squashed for me (it's the same with MGS:GZ too unfortunately). It definitely seems low budget though, it's what you kind of expect for a Silent Hill/Resident Evil wannabe if it was released 6 years ago. I keep getting that not sure what to play now feeling, and I know why. It's because I'm dying to get back on GTA V lol, just nothing else I have really compares to it and it's frustrating!

Too much masturbating? :p 

Probably a silly question but you haven't operated any large vibrating equipment in the last 24 hours have you? Other than your steering wheel lol. When I worked on building sites I didn't take much notice of health and safety regs regarding stuff like drill hammers and pneumatic drills, and now I can't even operate a garden strimmer without my arms going numb for 3 days after. 

Though if it's hurting, I'd get it checked out!
Hughesy said:
Yea the fov makes me feel ill. I've only just completed chapter 3. Played it for 30 minutes and got bored lol. Everything about it screams low budget, seems like an indie game. Not sure what to play now, can't play F1 as I've had a problem with my right arm all day. It was numb for 3 hours and I had to drive one handed to work, so lucky I have an automatic. Now it's really painful, not sure what's wrong with it, but couldn't be arsed to go to the doctors. I might still try playing F1 and just turn the ffb down, as I really have the itch to play it.
yeah I was going to give F1 maybe Grid  a go as well as I'm in the mood for some racing. After I've done my current DA run though shouldn't be too much longer given I'm now on Inquistion just recruited Iron Bull got Sera and Vivienne as well.
Glad I'm not the only one! It's just too squashed for me (it's the same with MGS:GZ too unfortunately). It definitely seems low budget though, it's what you kind of expect for a Silent Hill/Resident Evil wannabe if it was released 6 years ago. I keep getting that not sure what to play now feeling, and I know why. It's because I'm dying to get back on GTA V lol, just nothing else I have really compares to it and it's frustrating!

Too much masturbating? :p 

Probably a silly question but you haven't operated any large vibrating equipment in the last 24 hours have you? Other than your steering wheel lol. When I worked on building sites I didn't take much notice of health and safety regs regarding stuff like drill hammers and pneumatic drills, and now I can't even operate a garden strimmer without my arms going numb for 3 days after. 

Though if it's hurting, I'd get it checked out!
Well let's just say it's my right arm that hurts, and I'm left handed..... :p First you ask that then ask if I've operated any large vibrating equipment :joy: 
No only my wheel playing F1. I've spent so much time in doctors that I try not to go lol
Yea, it seems good, but worth spending that much money on? I'm not so sure. Plus I'm quite happy that SLI 980's still beat it fairly easily ;)

Super super impressed with the Z3 still, normally with my S3 I'd have every feature turned off, used screen brightness as low as I could get it, barely ever used data or any intense apps from trying to eak out a bit more juice and I'd usually end up with anywhere between 5 and 30% battery left come bed time. 

Today with the Z3, I left every single extra feature turned on, like Wi-Fi, data, location, sync, about 3/4 brightness etc. Used YouTube, Spotify, took a fair bunch of pictures and vids, as well as more browsing than normal and the usual showing it to my colleagues. I took it off charge at the same time I would have the S3, it was plugged into USB on my PC for about 5 mins while I transferred some music on, but otherwise no real charging. It's at 52% left B) Already love this phone lol.
Man this forum is dead. How I miss the times a few years back when I'd come home and there would be 100s of posts to read :weary: Anyway onto talking about my PC. I still keep staring at my case, still think it looks awesome!  Starting to save money back for a upgrade but can't say what yet. Could be a Corsair H110gtx, could be a second 980. Really want some more Corsair AF fans, as I love them now. Seems I got bad Corsair fans previously. Still think the Gentle Typhoons are better in terms of performance and 0 vibrations wherever you put them, but they aren't far behind.
Hughesy said:
Man this forum is dead. How I miss the times a few years back when I'd come home and there would be 100s of posts to read :weary: Anyway onto talking about my PC. I still keep staring at my case, still think it looks awesome!  Starting to save money back for a upgrade but can't say what yet. Could be a Corsair H110gtx, could be a second 980. Really want some more Corsair AF fans, as I love them now. Seems I got bad Corsair fans previously. Still think the Gentle Typhoons are better in terms of performance and 0 vibrations wherever you put them, but they aren't far behind.
Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this It's been pretty quiet on here for quite a while. I think people aer just waiting for news on F1 2015 though so until CM officially announce it I think it'll remain that way.
mike96 said:
Yeah I know, makes me sad too but until we announce some games there isn't much I can do :(
We can always go back to vbulletin! :p :p
I somehow doubt that would solve the immediate problem though tbh I've spent moer time on Bioware's forums than this one. Mostly talking Dragon Age bhut a little on Mass Effect as well.
I've been spending a bit of time on the Corsair forums. Got into my first argument there the other day B)
O o what about? Post the gossip, this place needs it :joy: Plus you rarely get in arguments lol. Btw you know I said at the time that 4GB was low for a 980, and that Titan X Vram was silly? Well look at this, it's going to have the new HBM with upto 32GB :flushed: 
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-talks-about-pascal-will-be-fast-and-has-3d-stacked-memory.html

Most that was talked about doesn't seemed to be aimed towards gaming though.
Was about the 750D case, some guy posted that it was a turd of a case and that he'd spent $350 more and bought this ''superior' Caselabs one. I said it looked like they'd built it using Meccano lol :p So he ended up calling me something along the lines of a 14 year old keyboard warrior.

So does this mean an eventual increase in VRAM usage from future games? Brain not yet engaged, PC talk overload lol ;)
Was about the 750D case, some guy posted that it was a turd of a case and that he'd spent $350 more and bought this ''superior' Caselabs one. I said it looked like they'd built it using Meccano lol :p So he ended up calling me something along the lines of a 14 year old keyboard warrior.

So does this mean an eventual increase in VRAM usage from future games? Brain not yet engaged, PC talk overload lol ;)
Vram will always increase, but only a few games will use say 6+GB. While these consoles are around, it won't change much. obviously at 4K Vram will go up a lot, so I think those cards will be great for that. I won't be moving to 4k for atleast 3 years or longer. At the moment 1440p is my limit, as writing and other stuff is small enough, so at 4k I'd need a magnifying glass. Hopefully by then everything will be scaled properly.

At the moment Steam is hard to read at 1440p unless I sit close to the screen. Big picture mode is fine, but that's because it's 1080p rather than 1440p.

Btw as I'm bored and have no life, I tried looking for the argument, has the thread been deleted? 

Edit: Investigation complete, I've found some of your posts. Did he really call you 14 :joy: 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolvingPrawn View Post
I think I'd rather spend $150 on a well built and good looking case than $400 dollars on an ugly one that looks like they used Meccano to build it. And we may have had to wait a long time for the new front panel, but hey, my PC is still sat here looking stylish at least.

Also, the front fascia is not the vented front panel, the front fascia is the plastic surround which has the front feet built in.

Post from silly guy:
Nor sure what Meccano is but since your build is so awesome why not post a pic, let us see?

EDIT: nvm I looked it up lol, I should have known another punk B*** 14 year old talkin smack behind his pc playin with his erector set. With my caselabs "meccano" I build watercooled pc's while you build 
cranes and steamengines.