Jump to content Jump to content

Starting a new post so the funny argument doesn't get mixed of what was said and what I'm saying. He sounds lovely lol. Not once did I put anyone down who had an air cooled system when I had water cooling. It doesn't/didn't make me better than anyone else. You've always had a great system, he seems to think only gods can make a watercooled system, which isn't the case as I proved.
My gaming SSD (Samsung 830 pro) has used 2% of its life. So it's at 98%, considering most of my gaming is done using this drive that's not bad, had it over two years so that shows that SSDs don't wear out quick like some think. My Windows drive (Sandisk ultra plus) is at 100% which is awesome, I also use it for gaming, it's a lot younger than my other SSD.

Samsung read speeds: 542 mb/s write speeds: 400mb/s
Sandisk read speeds; 453mb/s write speeds: 277mb/s, not sure if that's be because it's running the OS, but there is a firmware update so I might download it, but firmware updates worry me. It also might be because I'm using Samsung software to benchmark it.
@RevolvingPrawn Oh come on, this is just getting silly now :joy: 
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-098-BG&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1576
Note the Vram

A few things give it away, 1: BFG aren't a company anymore.
2: Jokes about Half Life 3
3: The price 
4: Date of release, 1st of April
For some reason I can't run Bioshock Infinite maxed. If I turn shadows down to very high from ultra it's fine, otherwise I get random drops to 30fps. Really puzzled as my 780 was fine, so I'm not sure why the 980 is performing worse... :( 
@RevolvingPrawn Might buy this PSU when I can http://www.scan.co.uk/products/860w-corsair-ax860i-digital-full-modular-80plus-platinum-1x120mm-fan-atx-v231-psu as that high pitched noise is doing my head in. If I did I'd get these cables :) 
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-individually-sleeved-psu-dc-cable-kittype-3-(gen-2)-for-axi-ax-hx-rm-txm-red
Not sure why that second link isn't working, it seems to be cutting off part of it. The cables pack doesn't seem to come with the 24pin atx cable, so I have to buy it separately don't I? Not sure when I'll buy it, but I will at some point. Red cables would look awesome, although I do like the black ones with my current PSU, as you can't see them as much.
Good luck getting the 24 pin dude, I tried and gave up eventually with that one. You might be alright with it being AX series, but for me every seperate one I ordered was actually 24 pin to 28 pin.

I'm just hiding my standard 24 pin cable behind the blue Corsair braided ones now :p 
Decided to delete and re download Bioshock Infinite, as I'm having other issues now. Walk into a building and back out and it pauses for a second and says "loading" that isn't normal, never did that before, especially using a SSD.
Good luck getting the 24 pin dude, I tried and gave up eventually with that one. You might be alright with it being AX series, but for me every seperate one I ordered was actually 24 pin to 28 pin.

I'm just hiding my standard 24 pin cable behind the blue Corsair braided ones now :p 
They sell them on Scan bud
Link won't work, but it's on this page, just filter showing only Corsair and you'll see it http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/power-supplies/braided-cables-psu-vga-harddrive-optical-adaptors
Man i giveup with Bioshock Infinite. Redownload but still issues, the most annoying one is if I walk in and then out of a building it freezes for a second and says loading. Never had this problem back when I first got the game, doesn't make a difference if I use a HDD or SSD... :(
That's the exact one I bought :p Had to return it because I'd actually have had to cut 4 pins including the plastic they're housed in to make it fit. It doesn't say HX in the description because it won't actually fit mine lol. 
You'll be fine though because it's meant for AX PSU's.

No idea on Bioshock man, been a few months since I last played and I don't think it's been patched since :/
That's the exact one I bought :p Had to return it because I'd actually have had to cut 4 pins including the plastic they're housed in to make it fit. It doesn't say HX in the description because it won't actually fit mine lol. 
You'll be fine though because it's meant for AX PSU's.

No idea on Bioshock man, been a few months since I last played and I don't think it's been patched since :/
Yea it's really annoying me. Had no problems with it when it first came out. Worked perfectly with my 780, but now I get stutters, frame drops and loading freezes when entering new areas, which never happened before. I give up, spent three days trying to fix it with ini mods, but nothing works. Really annoyed as I never completed it, and really want to, but I can't with it running so poor.

Posted about it on Steam, but haven't had any suggestions from anyone :( When something doesn't work I always try to fix it, but nothing I do fixes the problems. 
For the price dude, plus he's planning to SLI 970's eventually which'll make his PC quite a beast For a bit over the price of a 980. Not that even one 970 isn't beastly tho :p 

He was originally gonna get a 4770k but I told him to go for the 4790k for the higher clock speed and better thermals and the price difference isn't huge :) The only trouble now is he's running it on the stock Intel cooler because he bought everything in one go and wiped out his account and can't afford a H100i yet lol. I've banned him from OC'ing it :p 
@RevolvingPrawn Holy poopy, great price for this. My room gets too hot as it is though, so I wouldn't buy it. But it's so much quicker than a 980 and is nearly the same price, crazy good deal.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-350-SP&utm_source=Overclockers+UK+Newsletter&utm_campaign=1afbc90dea-B2C_Eshot_CW133_25_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c199b69777-1afbc90dea-212429105
Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Holy poopy, great price for this. My room gets too hot as it is though, so I wouldn't buy it. But it's so much quicker than a 980 and is nearly the same price, crazy good deal.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-350-SP&utm_source=Overclockers+UK+Newsletter&utm_campaign=1afbc90dea-B2C_Eshot_CW133_25_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c199b69777-1afbc90dea-212429105
That is a good deal man, but it'd be like having central heating inside the case :p No thanks to that!
Naw me want this http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/evga-launches-hybrid-gtx-980.html
Really I want to go back to proper watercooling really badly, I still have all the bits, I would just need a water block for my GPU. Not sure I should, if I could get my bro to help I'd be ok, but not sure I trust him, when he tried to fix a leaky tap he snapped the tap off.... :joy: 

I am starting to regret the 980 @RevolvingPrawn This isn't a game I want, but have you seen how close the 290x is to the 980 at 1440p 
:( I could've bought two 290x's for the price of a 980, can't do anything about it now. I think the main problem is the bus width at higher res. It's probably mainly down to it being a AMD game.
Ok now I'm excited @RevolvingPrawn 
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/quick-test-directx-12-api-overhead-benchmark.html

As I said, it's CPU's that really benefit, not so much GPUs (apart from SLI obviously) My 3570k is going to be fine for a while I think. It shows how bad DX11 is, and how consoles get such good performance with such crappy CPU's.