Jump to content Jump to content

Well just get another 980 and you'll be top of the GPU chain like me :p 
When we see DX12 games it'll be fine, but until then I'd be limited to 4GB. One good thing, when the 780ti came out, it costed the same as the 780, with that dropping in price. So maybe the 980ti will do the same, thus making the 980 cheaper. The 980ti is the Titan X with half the Vram, so very fast. I'd much rather have a single fast GPU than going SLI, but we will see. :)
@RevolvingPrawn I'm seriously thinking about going back to a custom loop. Now I have a case that I love and supports huge rads, I might go back. Never liked the NZXT Switch 810 case, but bought it becasue it was the perfect case for my first loop.

Now I have more  knowledge, I can set it up so maintenance is easier, with a T junction, so I can then just attatch a tube when it needs changing and empty it easily. I'd also go with compression fittings rather than clamps, as clamps were a huge problem that caused my hands to cramp up. They cost a lot more than clamps, but are much better.

Not sure on coolant, might go with red X1, it lasts nearly as long as water, plus I could only ever find deionised water around here. Anyway there's no rush, who knows we could end up both doing it at the same time if you decide to do water cooling. 
@RevolvingPrawn I seem to have stopped that high pitched noise from my PSU without trying. I wanted to put my 670 back in for PhysX, so had to flip my PSU around (the right way, so it sucks air from the bottom of the case) as I couldn't get the cables in. Anyway since doing that the noise has gone lol. B) Just pure luck.
@Hughesy Been playing with the Windows tablet for the past 4 hours, so far it's been great dude :) Really impressed with it! Haven't installed any games, waiting for a 64GB SD card to be delivered tomorrow before I do, but I tried In-Home streaming and it worked perfectly :) Barely any input lag compared to doing it on my crappy spare PC! 

Timed how long it takes to get from screen turning on to Windows login screen too, about 8.5 seconds lol. It actually beats my main PC!
@Hughesy Been playing with the Windows tablet for the past 4 hours, so far it's been great dude :) Really impressed with it! Haven't installed any games, waiting for a 64GB SD card to be delivered tomorrow before I do, but I tried In-Home streaming and it worked perfectly :) Barely any input lag compared to doing it on my crappy spare PC! 

Timed how long it takes to get from screen turning on to Windows login screen too, about 8.5 seconds lol. It actually beats my main PC!
Does it only stream at 30fps though? It's not something I'd use anyway but still good that it works, and that startup is crazy fast. There's a reason I don't turn my Ipad off o:) I don't think Microsoft get the credit they deserve, as everyone I know that has one loves it. Think the only downside is app support, but then that wouldn't bother me. I'd love to get the serface Pro 3 but can't afford it, as I'm saving up for an air conditioning unit as already my room gets upto 26-27c while gaming. Hoping it cools down until summer starts so it gives me time to but one :D. 

I probably wouldn't get the pro version though, as it costs a lot but then is a laptop/tablet. Could get an ok gaming laptop for that price. It would be pointless really for me, as I mostly use my tablet for browsing or watching videos, and the IPad Air has a big enough screen for that.
Figures there would be :p Will get on that once I get in, then try and figure out how to kill the rest of the evening!
Time has passed quick for me, completing Deus EX at the moment as I never completed it for some reason. Loving it, Im in the Artic which is near the end  I think. I wanted to do it all without killing anyone, but I slipped up a few times. Once I've completed it, I'll play some Driveclub :) I haven't got work tomorrow, the only thing I have to do is go to a doctors appointment. B)

Can't wait for GTA, pretty much kept busy so I don't think about it too much, so far it's worked quite well.  
Hughesy said:
Figures there would be :p Will get on that once I get in, then try and figure out how to kill the rest of the evening!
Time has passed quick for me, completing Deus EX at the moment as I never completed it for some reason. Loving it, Im in the Artic which is near the end  I think. I wanted to do it all without killing anyone, but I slipped up a few times. Once I've completed it, I'll play some Driveclub :) I haven't got work tomorrow, the only thing I have to do is go to a doctors appointment. B)

Can't wait for GTA, pretty much kept busy so I don't think about it too much, so far it's worked quite well.  
Today's gone quick, had a fair bit to do at work, but it's when I'm at home that time will drag! Was planning on acquiring yesterdays MotoGP race to watch tonight, but I ended up watching it live so that's a no go lol. 

Lucky bugger, I'll probably be up until around 2AM playing it but I gotta be up at 7 to get ready for work :( Tomorrow should go quickly though with another busy day so as soon as I get home tomorrow night I'll be playing from then until I get tired and go to bed :) 

Reckon once we've both gotten back into it a bit on single player we can set up a private map and just do some 2 player messing, cannot be bothered to play in a public lobby where people assume it's deathmatch mode!
  • 2 weeks later...
This is the GPU I was waiting for until I became impatient waiting for my 780 to be replaced, and buying a 980. I think my 4GB of VRAM is going to limit my 980, saying that GTA V looks stunning and doesn't use all my Vram, but not all games are optimized as well.
Saying that Pascal will be a lot better and a card with the same performance as this will cost less. Not that I'll be upgrading next year, this 980 needs to last me 2 years. I waste so much money trying to max games, when maxing them only look a tiny bit better compared to not quite max settings.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-detailed-has-6gb.html
Wow what an awesome price for a high end 500GB SSD, shame I don't have the funds for it at the moment. http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500gb-samsung-850-evo-25-ssd-3d-v-nand-sata-6gbps-read-540mb-s-write-520mb-s-512mb-cache-97000k-iops?owpid=2557291&utm_campaign=Scanshot+455+08%252f05%252f15&utm_source=scanshot&utm_medium=email

If I was going to buy anything it would be the H110i GT first though. Wish they'd make a 360mm radiator version though. 
Hughesy said:
Wow what an awesome price for a high end 500GB SSD, shame I don't have the funds for it at the moment. http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500gb-samsung-850-evo-25-ssd-3d-v-nand-sata-6gbps-read-540mb-s-write-520mb-s-512mb-cache-97000k-iops?owpid=2557291&utm_campaign=Scanshot+455+08%252f05%252f15&utm_source=scanshot&utm_medium=email

If I was going to buy anything it would be the H110i GT first though. Wish they'd make a 360mm radiator version though. 

yeah that is a good price mine cost about £200 although mine's a Crucial
@RevolvingPrawn I don't feel so bad now, if this article is correct HBM v1 will only support 4GB, so that's all the VRAM the 390X will have. I can now understand why Nvidia didn't use it B) 
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/an_introduction_to_hbm_high_bandwidth_memory,2.html
Nope I'd call that good times, for so long people who actually have modern PCs have had to put up with 32bit games. Now that isn't an issue games look a lot better and have a lot more going on, which wasn't possible with 32bit exe.
Have to agree with @Hughesy but some games that are 32bit you can download 64bit installers to get them to work. They don't always work though but some do I have downloaded a few for my Monkey Island games. Haven't played it for a while but that's a fun series of games to play. You'd have to google them up for yourself though as they're kind of dotted all over the place.