Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

@RevolvingPrawn @Hughesy In looking at ordering this  https://www.pccasegear.com/products/27272/corsair-obsidian-450d-mid-tower-case-with-window

Is the case any good?

I actually have the 750D, the next size up :p It's a very good case, been happy with mine for a couple of years now, but yea I'd say it's been the best case I've had.

What I did notice though is the Corsair Crystal 460X is only $6 more, and personally, I'd go with that case any day. I'm actually planning on switching to the Corsair Crystal 570X (the bigger one again lol) before too long.

Ordered both the Corsair case and fan so hopefully i can pick them up tomorrow at their depot :)

The case also supports water cooling, so maybe might go that way in the future.

Which case did you choose? The 450D? And both cases support water cooling :) Have fun though dude, building a PC up in a new case is one of my favouurite things to do lol.

Ordered both the Corsair case and fan so hopefully i can pick them up tomorrow at their depot :)

The case also supports water cooling, so maybe might go that way in the future.

Which case did you choose? The 450D? And both cases support water cooling :) Have fun though dude, building a PC up in a new case is one of my favouurite things to do lol.

Yeah got the 450D  and its up and running, its a little longer than the tower slot on the desk so just gonna get a flat piece of wood to get the case to sit better.

@Hughesy @RevolvingPrawn Is it recommended to get a gpu support as ive heard that larger cards may sag?

Not until you see it in your case dude. If you install it and it doesn't sag then don't worry about it :) If it does sag then I probably still wouldn't worry about it, but if it makes you feel more comfortable then a support is fine.

@Hughesy @RevolvingPrawn Is it recommended to get a gpu support as ive heard that larger cards may sag?

Not until you see it in your case dude. If you install it and it doesn't sag then don't worry about it :) If it does sag then I probably still wouldn't worry about it, but if it makes you feel more comfortable then a support is fine.

The card has a heavy duty backplate so hopefully that gives it good support.

Hopefully bud :) Both my cards have backplates too and neither sags so should be all good!

Hopefully bud :) Both my cards have backplates too and neither sags so should be all good!

Got the card today only took a week to arrive :) Will put it in tomorrow when i have some free time and will take a picture once its running :)
That really is a beast lol. The only thing I'd look at diferently is the Aerocool Touch 2100. I owned one for about 6 months before it got annoying to have to press many times to get all fans running faster for gaming, and then press many times to turn them down for idle.

I'm using Corsair Link and the Commander Mini to control all fans and lighting now, so it's only 2 clicks to go to faster running fans, and 2 clicks to go to idle speed fans. But I also don't recommend it because Corsair's Link software is horrifically awful with the amount of problems and bugs it has.

So have a look around and see if you can find something else that can control your fans via software, if there's anything else out there that is! If you're planning on pretty much always running your fans at one speed though than the Touch 2100 would be ok, but it's not perfect. Sometimes it lets you run your fans down to 700RPM, other times it will only let you go down to 800RPM, depends what mood it's in ;)
I agree, I had a fan controller like that and it was awful, it actually made the fans produce a high pitched noise they didn't make when using the motherboard. Corsair are bringing out a new Commander fan controller, maybe worth looking at. It's what I'm going to buy soon ;)

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/corsair-introduces-a-new-range-of-link-fan-and-lighting-controllers.html