Jump to content Jump to content

Weird. What motherboard do you have? I can't remember ever having a PC fail to boot because of a GPU. Not been the smoothest upgrade has it  :|

Can you not use your wireless keyboard to get into bios? When I had a wireless one it still worked. 
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Thread revival.

So the new Nvidia GPU's were just announced and the prices are insane!  I only wanted one for better VR performance, but now I'll have to wait and see the performance, because they are going to need to be insane for me to get one. Thank goodness I do most of my gaming on console now, can't deal with mid tier GPU being priced as high end ones...

£1000 for a 2080, that's it I'm done, this is not on, I don't care how good it is. I know there's cheaper 80s, but none of them should be 1K, not even the Ti's. I might regret getting VR now if I can't upgrade my 980...

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-geforce-rtx-2080-rog-strix-oc-gaming-8gb-gddr6-vr-ready-graphics-card-2944-core
To develop and test a virtual reality you need a very powerful computer. I work in a company which develops games with virtual reality for special virtual reality centers. For example, the club of virtual reality in Melbourne - https://virivr.com.au/. I'm creating 3d models. Then for the rendering, we use a GPU GTX Titanium x. In addition, all computers have powerful processors and large amounts of RAM (DDR 4). We also have several virtual reality helmets to test developed games. Therefore, the development of virtual reality requires a significant investment of money.