Jump to content Jump to content

3gb is still good I would have liked to have gone with a higher card myself when putting my machine together but couldn't afford it at the time but I'm happy with what I've got. I could go higher now if I really wanted to as I have the money back that I was owed.  Seeing as my machine is running pretty sweetly at the moment I don't see the need to change anything so won't bother for now. I'm hoping I don't have to for at least another 5/6 years anyway. Seeing as my machine can handle Watchdogs well (and that's got pretty high specs) I'm pretty confident I'll be fine for a little while yet at least. 

@RevolvingPrawn  I'm pretty sure it does. It's a powerful card that's one of the main reasons why I got it. I only chose the 4gb version to help futureproof it a bit as hopefully the extra memory will  help with that. At least that was the thought behind my choosing that version

Not really as I'm at a much higher res than 1080p, I'm at 2560x1440p and most games use the full 3GB without using all max settings in newer games. The 780 being the flagship card (at the time of release)  should've had at least 4GB and now there's 6GB models which really pissed me off.
well  my TV only supports up to 1080p and I've not gone any higher but would probably need a bigger screen for that as  my screen is 32 inch so I don't really know about that.
The screen size doesn't really come into it. Strictly speaking a 32inch TV  should actually be much higher  than 1080P as its actually sorta stretched to fit the screen at that res. My monitor is 27inch which is pretty much the standard size for 1440p.
Nice one bud, I haven't tried it yet. They released an update to make it better for AMD cards, as Nvidia cards already have stuff built in for streaming to the Shield tablet. There's not much point for me as I game at 1440p and have the TV and my reclining chair in the same room. I'm proper lazy these days as I can't move around too much. I don't have a mini fridge though as I find them too noisy... o:)
Hughesy said:
well  my TV only supports up to 1080p and I've not gone any higher but would probably need a bigger screen for that as  my screen is 32 inch so I don't really know about that.
The screen size doesn't really come into it. Strictly speaking a 32inch TV  should actually be much higher  than 1080P as its actually sorta stretched to fit the screen at that res. My monitor is 27inch which is pretty much the standard size for 1440p.
true but I do use my PC with my TV not a proper PC monitor per se and don't really know how I would be able to get it up any higher even if my graphics cards could handle it which they probably could tbf
Hughesy said:
true but I do use my PC with my TV not a proper PC monitor per se and don't really know how I would be able to get it up any higher even if my graphics cards could handle it which they probably could tbf
You can only go to a higher res if your screen supports it, most TV's only go upto 1080P.
Overclockers are setting up a delivery pickup for free! Maybe it's because they sympathise with my situation, and the fact I've spent a few grand from them o:)
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
You can only go to a higher res if your screen supports it, most TV's only go upto 1080P.
Overclockers are setting up a delivery pickup for free! Maybe it's because they sympathise with my situation, and the fact I've spent a few grand from them o:)
Yeah I thought as much still I'm happy at 1080 and tbh I can't find any TV's that support more anyway right now anyway
Does anyone know of a place where I can buy a sub £25 keyboard, that is backlit, has good reviews and has the UK layout? I've looked all over Amazon and I've only found 1 that is in the UK layout that is half decent. I've found quite a few American ones but I'd prefer to have the UK one.

Does it ultimately matter what layout I use, can I map the £ sign to the 3 button and the @ to the ' button and then the " to the 2  button etc. so it functions like my British one I have currently? 

Do any of you British people have American ones? Or any Americans have British ones?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/corsair-raptor-k30-rubber-dome-gaming-keyboard-a97ly?gclid=Cj0KEQjwmayfBRDo25CR9un4hvEBEiQAv9fBbay1NepuToKFN54DSc2zVoUB14EVGRFhodblsTm9uuMaAtZR8P8HAQ?C=AffilWin47868&clickref=298597705

I found that, I also managed to find it on a site called "Hot UK deals" which gives you a £5 discount for the maplin site.
Either of these should be fine, I used to use the Indigo and it was ok, nothing special but not particularly bad either.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUMVISION-INDIGO-LED-KEYBOARD-USB-BLUE-BACKLIT-MULTIMEDIA-PC-COMPUTER-DESKTOP-/181266864429?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_KeyboardsMice&hash=item2a3458d92d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUMVISION-LED-COLOUR-BACKLIT-USB-KEYBOARD-MULTIMEDIA-BLUE-RED-PURPLE-PC-COMPUTER-/400695624226?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_KeyboardsMice&hash=item5d4b520222
My only concern with the bottom one when I found it on Amazon was the backspace button being half the size, I never get on well with that :p

The top one was the only one I found I really liked yesterday. What do yo think of the one in the link I put in my post @RevolvingPrawn? It is £10 over what I really want to spend, but it does look nice...
AMS97KRR said:
My only concern with the bottom one when I found it on Amazon was the backspace button being half the size, I never get on well with that :p

The top one was the only one I found I really liked yesterday. What do yo think of the one in the link I put in my post @RevolvingPrawn? It is £10 over what I really want to spend, but it does look nice...
Haha, neither do I. Especially when they do it with the enter key :p 

If you're happy to spend the extra £10, then absolutely! I use a K40 and it's honestly the best keyboard I've ever had. The Indigo isn't very pleasant on keypress in comparison :)
Herby007 said:
I used to have the Logitech G15. Now I've got a £5 keyboard from PC World. Honestly, there is no difference in functionality.

I agree, I had a Corsair K90 but it broke so I'm using a cheap one now.

Here's my Noctua D15, it's huge but silent. If anything it's quieter than my watercooling setup. haven't tested the GPU yet (never used the cooler as I went straight to watercooling) but I wear headphones anyway.

Edit: Just turned the GPU cooler  up to 100% and can barely hear it, so the reviews were spot on.

Paa  love the colour of that car........
performance is awesome with this cooler though, and it needs to be as Ivy Bridge runs so hot due to the cheap solder. I'm not going to delid it as I'll probably mess the cpu up. It would drop the temps by 20c and be more like your cpu version.

Not o:)