F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Competition | 10,000 Pitcoin Reward - Ending 20/10/2020 | MyTeam Story Time Read more... ×

Patch 1.07 | LIVE ON ALL PLATFORMS | Patch Notes

Just now, Massey555 said:

Hi @BarryBL,

Sorry to post this here but the other pit coin posts have been closed now.

I have been emailing customer service at codemasters but not had a reply. I pre ordered the schumacher edition on xbox and never received my pit coins. I haven't had any xbox live message and was wondering who I need to contact as I am not having any replies to my emails. Sorry again for posting on here but if you could direct me to where best to post or how best to get in this rectified I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again,

p.s I LOVE THE KEEP FIGHTING LIVERY!

Hi @Massey555

Please PM me your details (email etc) and I'll ask about your enquiry. 

You fixed the Mercedes livery!! You have my greatest appreciation and Thank you!! 😁 That oversized bolt in cockpit cam was driving my ocd nuts! 😂 and the Ritz Carlton is gone as IRL 👍 All the continued work on the game is as always much appreciated! Thanks guys and gals! 

Come on, do I have to wait an entire season with the wrong sound to have the sound updated only next season? This is horrible for everyone, especially for us who create game content, people are questioning in the chat and commenting on the sound all the time, besides I want to hear the sound of an engine that I chose earlier. Now I'm going to have to wait another month on my stream calendar to reach the next season. Complicated. The correct would be to apply an audio change based on the option selected on day 1 of the atual season.

• Disagree 2

On 8/10/2020 at 12:46 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Please see below for patch notes 1.07 update, coming to PC and consoles shortly:

• Keep Fighting Foundation DLC pack is now available
  • Addressed a crash when accessing mail resulting from changes within leagues
  • Addressed a crash that could be seen when spectating a multiplayer race
  • Splitscreen resolution has been increased
  • In splitscreen player two will no longer change the race strategy for player ones when editing their own
  • Player will no longer be offered an incorrect 0 stop strategy alternative during a race that requires a pit stop
  • Jeff will now give the correct Championship Standings information during a race
  • Brake boards are now present at turn 12 at Brazil
  • F1 cars use the players chosen number in multiplayer
  • Career modes will now progress correctly when Simulating races with Formation Lap turned on
  • Fixed a performance issue when running Steam in offline mode
  • In unranked others players will no longer be seen to be given points after failing to finish a race
  • Purple fastest lap times are now easier to read on the race results
  • Improvements to the item preview images so they’re higher resolution
  • Glove textures have been improved under certain conditions on track where they were previously appearing lower resolution
  • Players will no longer be penalised for overtaking the safety car in a pit lane entrance or exit
  • Players can no longer overtake the safety car once it is ready to return to the pit lane
  • F2 sprint race grid will always correctly reflect the result from the feature race
  • Updated a number of F2 lap records
  • F2 Races in Vietnam are now the correct number of laps
  • If the player is eliminated in qualifying 1 parc ferme rules will now correctly apply
  • After a formation lap time gaps will now be shown correctly
  • Addressed an issue where all participants in a weekly event would not be awarded points
  • Nationality flag is now correctly displayed on Mercedes race suits
  • Various other stability and bug fixes
  •  A fix to engine audio behaviour when a user changes between engine suppliers in MyTeam between seasons.

Please note that while we understand the request for a 'Sport Update', including update to the performances of the teams/drivers, we are currently prioritising crashes and fixes. This is on our agenda, however, we want to get crashes and issues fixed first, and the sports/performance updates are something that is very much on our radar.

Many thanks,

Barry

The engine sound bug is still there for me. Do I need to do anything specific?

Just now, ReccXleS said:

The engine sound bug is still there for me. Do I need to do anything specific?

Finish your season @ReccXleS. The improvement takes effect upon your next engine supplier change to now involve the correct engine characteristics.

Just now, BarryBL said:

Finish your season @ReccXleS. The improvement takes effect upon your next engine supplier change to now involve the correct engine characteristics.

That’s a bummer, I’m at Australia

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

So if someone sticks with their current supplier for many seasons they would  be stuck with the wrong sound? 

Edited by Ultra3142

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

So if someone sticks with their current supplier for many seasons they would  be stuck with the wrong sound? 

Good question, not 100% sure, just asked Devs. Will update @Ultra3142

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Good question, not 100% sure, just asked Devs. Will update @Ultra3142

Please, do! That's what I was wondering too.

Engine A season 1, engine B season 2. Playing season 2 with a eng. A sound. What happens on season 3 if I keep with S2 engine supplier, since in a way the game did not fully register the switch from A to B at the end of S1?

There were reports before the patch already that the sound change would take effect on S3 if you kept with your second engine supplier at the end of S2. 

On 8/10/2020 at 5:06 PM, Jaketa said:

Any News on the Contract negotiations bug, if you have switched driver transfers off? Is it on the upcoming things? Because I can’t continue my career without that fix. @BarryBL

Any News on that?

11 hours ago, Turtlemoose said:

I reckon that regardless of which engine you select, the patch will kick in once you advance past the stage of selecting engine/sponsor for new season

That seems unclear at this point. My entire issue with the way these things are 'fixed' is that they continually incentivize actually restarting the career mode rather than actually integrating into career mode in a way that would allow you to continue playing it without issue.

It's not just this issue. I always feel like a sucker for not benefiting from fixes for things because I started a career mode before they're patched. They should patch INTO career mode... not require it's restart or the completion of a season.

1 minute ago, Zachrulez said:

It's not just this issue. I always feel like a sucker for not benefiting from fixes for things because I started a career mode before they're patched. They should patch INTO career mode... not require it's restart or the completion of a season.

I feel you, heart and soul. Yet I doubt that's intentional or an oversight on Codemasters' side.

A better integrated fix would demand more developing time. Maybe if we raise the issue that may still work on it to implement a deeper fix in the future, but it's still a compromise solution.

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Is there anyway I can apply the new engine sound to my current season. Kinda like the updated driver stats you guys did a while back

Also when I was playing my resource point generation facilities are showing at level 3 even though the option to actually upgrade them to level 3 is still there. They're supposed to be at level 2. Weird.

3 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

Also when I was playing my resource point generation facilities are showing at level 3 even though the option to actually upgrade them to level 3 is still there. They're supposed to be at level 2. Weird.

21 hours ago, marioho said:

Please, do! That's what I was wondering too.

Engine A season 1, engine B season 2. Playing season 2 with a eng. A sound. What happens on season 3 if I keep with S2 engine supplier, since in a way the game did not fully register the switch from A to B at the end of S1?

There were reports before the patch already that the sound change would take effect on S3 if you kept with your second engine supplier at the end of S2. 

I try to be a man of my word, if nothing else. 

From the devs: Just double checked this and if the player progresses to the next season they get the correct engine that they have selected, even if they don't change. So in your example the player will have the Mercedes engine correctly applied to their car in season 3. (Example was if changed from Ferrari > Mercedes in Season 2 and stayed with Merc for Season 3.)

So, good news 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi @BarryBL, does “Various other stability and bug fixes” include dealing with the issue of not being able to select a team mate at the end of the first season of My Team mode? If not, when can we expect a fix for this? Leaves that mode unplayable for those of us suffering the bug. Thanks in advance. 

6 minutes ago, inspiretheworld said:

@EVERYONE. Imus the 10 race season in my team fixed? 

What problem specifically are you asking about?

35 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

What problem specifically are you asking about?

Didn't realise I had made a spelling mistake. 

To clarify a lot of people couldn't continue the 10 race season. Has that been resolved ? 

Thanks. 

39 minutes ago, inspiretheworld said:

Didn't realise I had made a spelling mistake. 

To clarify a lot of people couldn't continue the 10 race season. Has that been resolved ? 

Thanks. 

1. Assumes the only thing that could be wrong with his post is a spelling mistake;
  2. Proceeds to clarify it by... actually specifying (to a degree) what the post was referring to, which has nothing to do with spelling, just like the other user had asked.

I laughed. And still ain't sure what problem you're talking about.

What's the need for hostility ? 

Simply question was asked. Someone asked for further information. I gave it and yet there is a slight sense of a pompous attitude. I'll save you the bother, it doesn't matter.