F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

McLaren Livery getting overlooked?

As everyone knows the Mercedes livery was changed and updated on the game.

But what is uo with the McLaren? It has changed ahead of the first race with loads of new sponsors and stickers.

Would be good of this could be updated soon as well. (either seperate or with the coming sports update?)

[Screenshots taken by me from random videos/sites to show representative examples]

2020_MCL35_LN4_3Q_NO_BAT_1.jpg

MCL35_Rainbow_BB_3840X2160_5.jpg

Screenshot_20200810-140441_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200810-140521_YouTube.jpg

• Agree 1

We won't see VELO, A better tomorrow or Estrella in game ever due to them being Vape, Tobacco and alcohol related brands but yeah the rest should be updated soon.

• Agree 2

I love the clean orange-blue Mclaren livery in the game. I know, I'm in the minority probably 😄 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

I love the clean orange-blue Mclaren livery in the game. I know, I'm in the minority probably 😄 

Me too. I'm not a fan of any product or corporation. I rather look at a clean car.

McLaren's livery will change soon anyways with the Gulf Oil partnership. Maybe CM is just saving some time here. :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

When everyone kept banging on about the merc, I did keep mentioning the mclaren livery but no one noticed 🙁. I'm glad it's now got everyone's attention 😅 I'm sure it'll be updated as soon as they can. 

• Agree 1

They've updated the Mercedes twice already so my guess is it's not codies that aren't updating the car but rather McLaren aren't approving it. Potentially due to the GULF addition. I guess it'll be in as soon as it's approved.

• Agree 1

Usually the updated liveries come with the performance update if my memory serves me correctly from past games.

10 hours ago, SASColfer said:

We won't see VELO, A better tomorrow or Estrella in game ever due to them being Vape, Tobacco and alcohol related brands but yeah the rest should be updated soon.

I wouldn't say we WON'T see them.  It's possible.  The folks developing the Nascar Heat games have found a way to get alcohol and tobacco sponsors into the game, and they're quite the big step down from Codemasters.  That game ships with placeholder sponsors (usually the drivers name) instead of the actual brand then they make you put in your birthdate for age verification purposes.  Once you do all the alcohol sponsors are available, along with the "generic" versions.   So, I wouldn't say we won't ever see them in game because it is possible.  Others have done it.  The question just becomes will F1 and Codemasters actually do it.  Personally, I don't see why they can't but I'm sure it's a licensing issue among other things.  Definitely possible though.

I hope they keep the current one for the most part. I'm not a fan of how the rainbow looks on the halo but the one on the side looks pretty good. But I do like the car with less sponsors on it. Right now it looks like they just slapped a whole bunch of sponsors on it without keeping the actual livery design in mind.

Mclaren sponsor a better tomorrow is spectacular livery,please update,now mclaren orrible with no sponsor!!!no real.

and please fix the real performance car,now no balanced with reality status.!!

• Disagree 2

15 hours ago, peanutt2000 said:

When do we normally get the livery and performance patch??

well normally we would have had a fair few races in the season and it would be short wait for performance but this year it's a bit hard only having a few races to tell everyone's performance

Appreciate the whole no tobacco thing but when racing against the other cars it always makes the Mclaren look half finished which is a shame. Not really sure what else they can do though really.

• Agree 1

Just now, SIMRACER123 said:

Appreciate the whole no tobacco thing but when racing against the other cars it always makes the Mclaren look half finished which is a shame. Not really sure what else they can do though really.

yeah i agree but i wouldn't want to be the codemaster employees who have to deal with all of the licences for sponsors ect as i'm sure that's not an easy job.

6 hours ago, DREAMACHINE said:

Mclaren sponsor a better tomorrow is spectacular livery,please update,now mclaren orrible with no sponsor!!!no real.

and please fix the real performance car,now no balanced with reality status.!!

"No real" cos not allowed! 

A better tomorrow is basically a tobacco brand:

https://www.bat.com/group/sites/UK__9D9KCY.nsf/vwPagesWebLive/DOB9DNXK

It's in three places on the side of that mclaren in the pic above, so yes, it will look bare and unrealistic.. They've also changed the logo depending on the race, from that, to Velo, to Dufry, so how do you expect CM to keep up?! 

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Rango said:

"No real" cos not allowed! 

A better tomorrow is basically a tobacco brand:

https://www.bat.com/group/sites/UK__9D9KCY.nsf/vwPagesWebLive/DOB9DNXK

It's in three places on the side of that mclaren in the pic above, so yes, it will look bare and unrealistic.. They've also changed the logo depending on the race, from that, to Velo, to Dufry, so how do you expect CM to keep up?! 

No logic! Only fix!

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Usually the updated liveries come with the performance update if my memory serves me correctly from past games.

I wouldn't say we WON'T see them.  It's possible.  The folks developing the Nascar Heat games have found a way to get alcohol and tobacco sponsors into the game, and they're quite the big step down from Codemasters.  That game ships with placeholder sponsors (usually the drivers name) instead of the actual brand then they make you put in your birthdate for age verification purposes.  Once you do all the alcohol sponsors are available, along with the "generic" versions.   So, I wouldn't say we won't ever see them in game because it is possible.  Others have done it.  The question just becomes will F1 and Codemasters actually do it.  Personally, I don't see why they can't but I'm sure it's a licensing issue among other things.  Definitely possible though.

That would be a really good solution. Hopefully codies can follow suit on that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

With permission, they could just add “McLaren” in the place of the sponsor, or a what the Marlborough sposored teams did when the EU first banned cigarette ads. A blank coloured shape, or a series of bars IIIIIIII in the proper colours.

But it starts with permission.

Posted (edited)

please remove the weichai sponsor from Ferrari because the contract has been terminated   @UP100

Edited by mikyesposto95

I'm just enjoying the beauty of this McLaren while it's last before it'll eventually get updated.

I still hate that the number font blends too much at the front of the car making it harder to see while at the back the font is white and clear to see.

196120609_FRLRound1ScreenShot2020-08-1210-41-21.thumb.png.96b11876e46e69171ff64efcd7473bcd.png

• Like 1

Livery was updated in patch 1:09. Ad for VELO was not used as expected. But why they didn't use DUFRY? Because DUFRY is Duty Free Shops operator selling tobacco and alcohol?

In the past, EA was replacing tobacco products with fake ads in theirs F1 games. Maybe Codemasters could replace VELO with LOVE?

F1_2020_photo_20200817_160258.jpg?w=2000

PA-54621724-1.jpg

jm2013se590-Custom.jpg

Not using DUFRY because it sells tobacco would be a bit ridiculous. That would mean any supermarkets couldn't be advertised. My guess is that McLaren didn't want them to use that. The devs don't really get a choice on which ones to use. Though I really wish they would do an 18+ DLC to add all the missing track and car sponsors.

• Like 1

Maybe they couldn't get a license for it. Who knows.

Edited by Costa