F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Competition | 10,000 Pitcoin Reward - Ending 20/10/2020 | MyTeam Story Time Read more... ×

Thrustmaster pedals

22 hours ago, janbonator said:

I just recently got the T3PA (T300 RS GT) and the throttle is giving me a headache, I think I will consider your approach. I'm spinning on exits like never before.

What should help also is to set the Throttle Linearity to a higher value. Mine is as high as 50. (same with the Brake).

9 minutes ago, fraggi said:

What should help also is to set the Throttle Linearity to a higher value. Mine is as high as 50. (same with the Brake).

Wow, that is a large linearity value. I have it on 5 at the moment. I guess I could try it, but I have a feeling it will make it worse for me, as my sbinallas tend to occur at the end of the throttle pedal traverse, not the initial throttle application. Setting up linearity to throttle will make the end of the pedal only more sensitive.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

What pedals are you comparing to here?

I upgraded from the T3PA pedals that came with my T300RS GT base. Sorry for not clarifying that in my original reply! 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 11:12 AM, janbonator said:

What puts me off is the idea of driving with shoes. I'm from a culture where shoes are never worn inside, and it just doesn't sound very comfortable overall for long sessions. I know the T-LCM pedals can be adjusted, but what is your take - are shoes compulsory while driving with the pedals?

Nah, I race in socks with the stiffest spring, three washers and 92% brake force. Zero issues.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2020 at 11:19 PM, GioProductions said:

I have them for a week now and i really need to get use to it! Especially the Loadcell pedal force with a Playseat challenge. My pace is not on my old level yet, but will be when i get use to it.

My first opinion is that if you have the 2 pedal set, then this is a big upgrade! If you have the T3Pa, the upgrade is smaller.

I come from the T3PA GT edition.

I like the T-LCM especially because i have now more options, for example that i can adjust the brake and throttle pedals further from each other. And you can change the Loadcell springs to your own taste. And even the Clutch and Throttle springs, if you are willing to open the base, like i did, thanks to "Sim Racing Garage" channel on Youtube🙂

With the old pedals i was using the clutch pedal as brake, so your feet are futher from each other. 

I find, for my taste, the Throttle pedal spring on the T-LCM to soft and will see if i can find just a bit stiffer spring to put on the Throttle pedal.

I hope this helps, if you have any further question, let me know

New:20200805_131437.jpg

Old: (sorry, dont know how to turn the pic)20200508_153505.jpg

Would you mind telling me how you've attached the pedals to the Playseat Challenge? You seem to have the exact same belt but mine is too short.

43 minutes ago, dvdi said:

Would you mind telling me how you've attached the pedals to the Playseat Challenge? You seem to have the exact same belt but mine is too short.

If it is correct, you got with your Playseat Challenge, extra accessoires were you can put extra velcro on the belt, that is what i did. I am just using the belt that came with the seat! Check with your accessoires you got. Let me know

Hi! I'd like to share my experience with Thrustmaster pedals.

I started off with a TMX in April, equipped with T3PA pedals already. They are good but could be improved, after practicing I felt the need for a different braking feeling. First thing I did was trying the conical rubber mod that came in stock, but it left me a bit disappointed: the rubber was too hard to actually make me feel some sort of progression in braking. Therefore I did some research and used the conical mod stand to tie an anti-stress ball behind the pedal, and that is what made me learn how to drive without abs.

Then, the throttle: with traction control on medium I had no problems, but trying to turn it off was a pain, as the gas spring offers no resistance whatsoever. So my solution was to stick a sponge behind the pedal to gain some resistance.

Eventually, I bought a rubber mod from 3Drap to be installed within the brake spring and swapped the clutch and gas springs to have more resistance.

I race with some very light home shoes with rubber heels for grip. Many people recommended me to play with socks only for foot sensitivity but I am very used to the grip my home shoes have, so I am sticking with them.

Then come August i did bite the bullet and got my T-LCM: oh dear, what a difference. Solid materials and tons of combinations to adjust the pressure to my braking style, both in terms of PC calibration and different springs! I spent a month trying different spring combos and calibration settings just to shave off a couple more tenths per lap. All in all, it did help a lot in my consistency, but there is more to be said...

Unluckily I had to return my T-LCM due to not responding anymore to any input. Thrustmaster was fast in replying, providing assistance and organizing a free return for repairs, the whole procedure took no longer than 2 weeks to get by pedals back working perfectly. I race in a league, so I was glad I did not sell my T3PA already, as this made it possible for me not to give up my race in Brazil. I performed a solid race but in some sort of anxiety as I was racing with no assists and I felt I did not have full control of my inputs in comparison to the T-LCM, for sure the lack of consistency, especially in braking, slowed me down a bit but all in all I was glad I had a T3PA in that moment.

If you can afford it and you play hours and hours and on a daily basis, I'd recommend the T-LCM for those who must or want to stay in the Thrustmaster ecosystem.

Edited by HenricusVonG
spelling
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, HenricusVonG said:

Hi! I'd like to share my experience with Thrustmaster pedals.

I started off with a TMX in April, equipped with T3PA pedals already. They are good but could be improved, after practicing I felt the need for a different braking feeling. First thing I did was trying the conical rubber mod that came in stock, but it left me a bit disappointed: the rubber was too hard to actually make me feel some sort of progression in braking. Therefore I did some research and used the conical mod stand to tie an anti-stress ball behind the pedal, and that is what made me learn how to drive without abs.

Then, the throttle: with traction control on medium I had no problems, but trying to turn it off was a pain, as the gas spring offers no resistance whatsoever. So my solution was to stick a sponge behind the pedal to gain some resistance.

Eventually, I bought a rubber mod from 3Drap to be installed within the brake spring and swapped the clutch and gas springs to have more resistance.

I race with some very light home shoes with rubber heels for grip. Many people recommended me to play with socks only for foot sensitivity but I am very used to the grip my home shoes have, so I am sticking with them.

Then come August i did bite the bullet and got my T-LCM: oh dear, what a difference. Solid materials and tons of combinations to adjust the pressure to my braking style, both in terms of PC calibration and different springs! I spent a month trying different spring combos and calibration settings just to shave off a couple more tenths per lap. All in all, it did help a lot in my consistency, but there is more to be said...

Unluckily I had to return my T-LCM due to not responding anymore to any input. Thrustmaster was fast in replying, providing assistance and organizing a free return for repairs, the whole procedure took no longer than 2 weeks to get by pedals back working perfectly. I race in a league, so I was glad I did not sell my T3PA already, as this made it possible for me not to give up my race in Brazil. I performed a solid race but in some sort of anxiety as I was racing with no assists and I felt I did not have full control of my inputs in comparison to the T-LCM, for sure the lack of consistency, especially in braking, slowed me down a bit but all in all I was glad I had a T3PA in that moment.

If you can afford it and you play hours and hours and on a daily basis, I'd recommend the T-LCM for those who must or want to stay in the Thrustmaster ecosystem.

I am also happy with the T-LCM. I did find the throttle spring a bit to soft for my taste. I did swap it with the clutch spring, but that one was to hard and very exhausting for your feet with long races.

So what i did now, the Throttle and Clutch spring are very simple to lose. I did take them out and went to a spring factory here in The Netherlands and did ask them i want a middle force for between those 2 springs. They did make 1 for me and i find the Throttle even better now. 

Just a tip if someone would like to make more adjustment 🙂