F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Competition | 10,000 Pitcoin Reward - Ending 20/10/2020 | MyTeam Story Time Read more... ×

Thrustmaster pedals

Is anyone using the new t-lcm pedals?

I have the t3pa and i wonder whether it worth the upgrade.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Alon78 said:

Is anyone using the new t-lcm pedals?

I have the t3pa and i wonder whether it worth the upgrade.

I have them for a week now and i really need to get use to it! Especially the Loadcell pedal force with a Playseat challenge. My pace is not on my old level yet, but will be when i get use to it.

My first opinion is that if you have the 2 pedal set, then this is a big upgrade! If you have the T3Pa, the upgrade is smaller.

I come from the T3PA GT edition.

I like the T-LCM especially because i have now more options, for example that i can adjust the brake and throttle pedals further from each other. And you can change the Loadcell springs to your own taste. And even the Clutch and Throttle springs, if you are willing to open the base, like i did, thanks to "Sim Racing Garage" channel on Youtube🙂

With the old pedals i was using the clutch pedal as brake, so your feet are futher from each other. 

I find, for my taste, the Throttle pedal spring on the T-LCM to soft and will see if i can find just a bit stiffer spring to put on the Throttle pedal.

I hope this helps, if you have any further question, let me know

New:20200805_131437.jpg

Old: (sorry, dont know how to turn the pic)20200508_153505.jpg

Edited by GioProductions
picture
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

GReat looking setup! Do you have to climb into the chair?

No, it's just the normal Playseat Challenge. On this video you can see how to access the seat:

Edited by GioProductions

To be controversial I have tried alternative pedals with a load cell and couldn't get used to them. I have the t3pa pros and luv them 🙂

Posted (edited)

I use the T3pa as well and was thinking to upgrade but since I switched the clutch-spring with the throttle-spring I am really happy with the set again. Throttle application is now 10 times better and I am accustomed to the break so I think the T-LCM wouldnt be such a big step.

Edited by fraggi
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, GioProductions said:

I have them for a week now and i really need to get use to it! Especially the Loadcell pedal force with a Playseat challenge. My pace is not on my old level yet, but will be when i get use to it.

My first opinion is that if you have the 2 pedal set, then this is a big upgrade! If you have the T3Pa, the upgrade is smaller.

I come from the T3PA GT edition.

I like the T-LCM especially because i have now more options, for example that i can adjust the brake and throttle pedals further from each other. And you can change the Loadcell springs to your own taste. And even the Clutch and Throttle springs, if you are willing to open the base, like i did, thanks to "Sim Racing Garage" channel on Youtube🙂

With the old pedals i was using the clutch pedal as brake, so your feet are futher from each other. 

I find, for my taste, the Throttle pedal spring on the T-LCM to soft and will see if i can find just a bit stiffer spring to put on the Throttle pedal.

I hope this helps, if you have any further question, let me know

Wow, I have exactly the same setup as you have! I also use the Playseat challenge and the T3PA pedals.

So what I understand from you is that it worth the investment to upgrade to the new t-lcm.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Alon78 said:

Wow, I have exactly the same setup as you have! I also use the Playseat challenge and the T3PA pedals.

So what I understand from you is that it worth the investment to upgrade to the new t-lcm.

Great. I have the T-GT with F1 add on with display and the playseat challenge with the T-LCM and the Buttkicker (love it!).

It is a upgrade, but smaller if you come from the T3PA pedals.

The format is almost identical to your pedals, so it will go good along with the Playseat Challenge. It is a much heavier pedalset than the T3Pa version. But i dont know if you can put the 100kg springs with the Playseat Challenge, because you really need good force to be able to press the springs  but i like you get with the T-LCM different kind of springs with different kg pressure, so you can adjust at your liking.

You have also a free calibration software from Thrustmaster, you can adjust deadzone, brake force etc. 

It will take some time to get use to it, so dont expect faster times in the beginning.

If you decide to buy it, let me know your opinion

20200805_131454.jpg

Edited by GioProductions
info
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fraggi said:

I use the T3pa as well and was thinking to upgrade but since I switched the clutch-spring with the throttle-spring I am really happy with the set again. Throttle application is now 10 times better and I am accustomed to the break so I think the T-LCM wouldnt be such a big step.

I just recently got the T3PA (T300 RS GT) and the throttle is giving me a headache, I think I will consider your approach. I'm spinning on exits like never before.

1 hour ago, janbonator said:

I just recently got the T3PA (T300 RS GT) and the throttle is giving me a headache, I think I will consider your approach. I'm spinning on exits like never before.

I would do that, i did on the T3PA also the clutch spring to the Throttle and visa versa. 

On the T-LCM the Clutch spring is to heavy for Throttle, your feet will get tire with long races

• Like 1

A loadcell brake will be the single most important upgrade for your rig in terms of improving your pace and consistency. I own the T-LCM pedals myself and they're absolutely fantastic. The CSL Elite and V3's are also great choices.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, illicit95 said:

A loadcell brake will be the single most important upgrade for your rig in terms of improving your pace and consistency. I own the T-LCM pedals myself and they're absolutely fantastic. The CSL Elite and V3's are also great choices.

What puts me off is the idea of driving with shoes. I'm from a culture where shoes are never worn inside, and it just doesn't sound very comfortable overall for long sessions. I know the T-LCM pedals can be adjusted, but what is your take - are shoes compulsory while driving with the pedals?

10 minutes ago, janbonator said:

What puts me off is the idea of driving with shoes. I'm from a culture where shoes are never worn inside, and it just doesn't sound very comfortable overall for long sessions. I know the T-LCM pedals can be adjusted, but what is your take - are shoes compulsory while driving with the pedals?

Might not something that makes you feel more like you're in a car than in your home imorove the experience?

I've not looked into them but going back to the original question a load cell mod for the current T3PA pedals might be another option to consider?

36 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Might not something that makes you feel more like you're in a car than in your home imorove the experience?

I've not looked into them but going back to the original question a load cell mod for the current T3PA pedals might be another option to consider?

There is a load cell mod sold on AliExpress: Load Cell Mod

But I don't think it's worth the investment

11 minutes ago, Alon78 said:

There is a load cell mod sold on AliExpress: Load Cell Mod

But I don't think it's worth the investment

I don't think that's a load cell?

Here's one that is:

https://www.simracingsolutions.co.uk/shop

I have no idea if they're worth the investment or not though. I mentioned it as this way you're potentially just paying for the bit you want rather than the pedals and base too.

Out of interest, do you have the regular or pro T3PAs?

31 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Here's one that is:

I have no idea if they're worth the investment or not though. I mentioned it as this way you're potentially just paying for the bit you want rather than the pedals and base too.

At that price I prefer to play an extra and buy new pedals.
I have the regular T3PA

1 hour ago, janbonator said:

I use my T-LCM pedals while barefoot, so shoes are definitely not a requirement. As for whether they're worth the cost, my opinion is yes, absolutely. I've had mine since March and love the difference, especially after I made some dead-zone adjustments to better suit my personal driving style.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ralliman320 said:

I use my T-LCM pedals while barefoot, so shoes are definitely not a requirement. As for whether they're worth the cost, my opinion is yes, absolutely. I've had mine since March and love the difference, especially after I made some dead-zone adjustments to better suit my personal driving style.

What pedals are you comparing to here?

2 hours ago, janbonator said:

I dont use shoes for racing, works good on my socks :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Here's one that is:

The first Loadcell on that link i used in the past and it didn't had almost any travel and i did sell it in just a few weeks. You cannot compare them with the T-LCM, they are not near the T-LCM Loadcell pedal. So my opinion, if you want to go to Loadcell, you can better buy the T-LCM for that extra money. Maybe you can resell your current pedals.

Edited by GioProductions
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I used to work in transportation while studying and I did very long hours. The worst part was having shoes on all day. They even wanted me to use these heavy duty protective boots but I refused. Sucks to drive with a heel inch thick. I will need to consider the load cell mod you suggested. I tried the rubber mod for the brake but I didn't like it at all.

2 hours ago, Ralliman320 said:

Okay, that is very good to know, thanks! I'd love to drive barefoot (without socks) but in the winter the metal gets very chilly so close to the arctic circle. 🤧

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, janbonator said:

I used to work in transportation while studying and I did very long hours. The worst part was having shoes on all day. They even wanted me to use these heavy duty protective boots but I refused. Sucks to drive with a heel inch thick.

Bear in mind the sort of shoes you could get for driving in should be comfortable. I'll post a couple of videos below as examples of people finding just this which I happen to have looked at recently for myself. Which is not remotely to say that I think you should wear shoes, just that it may not be as bad as you think if you found you ended up needing to.

I will need to consider the load cell mod you suggested. I tried the rubber mod for the brake but I didn't like it at all.

To be clear I just mentioned it as an option to be aware of rather than suggesting them. Based on @GioProductions experience it sounds like they'd be best avoided.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 1