Pause function

Hello. I would really like to be able to pause the game while racing, but not like it is now when You just press exit button. I'm talking about more of a pause mode when the time freezes but there is no menu in the middle and most importantly, to be able to use the MFD. So i can actually see what I'm doing when driving.It's my second F1 game and I can't concentrate on driving and looking at the right side on my MFD. It is very annoying when i have for example talk to my engineer, I don't remember where is every question that i can ask, so i have to look for it and since F1 is fast game, even on the straights 90% of the time I miss the braking point or any other mistake is made by me.If i could just pause the game and use MFD it would be very very helpful.

Besides the fuel mixture (3 different type), brake bias and differential adjustments, you don't need to focus that much on anything else, the other MFD screens are mainly just information about the car and its parts status, wear. The OT button can be mapped, since ERS is more simplified.

In the engineer menu you can use voice commands by saying what you want to know, confirm, etc. Just say what you want to know, select or confirm.

I'm still trying to get used to the multi-tasking myself but being able to pause the game to talk to your race engineer would obviously not be remotely realistic and I'm sure in the long run you'll appreciate the better immersion of doing it whilst still racing.

Posted (edited)

yeah with practice it will come to you and you will be find changing stuff it's allot easier than f1 2019 not having to constantly change ers i'm amaze how i managed to do it but it just came naturally after a few days of memorising key areas to save ers and where i can i have time to ask for info ect.

Edited by Nightfire1964

On 8/10/2020 at 11:04 PM, MaselkoZet said:

Hello. I would really like to be able to pause the game while racing, but not like it is now when You just press exit button. I'm talking about more of a pause mode when the time freezes but there is no menu in the middle and most importantly, to be able to use the MFD. So i can actually see what I'm doing when driving.It's my second F1 game and I can't concentrate on driving and looking at the right side on my MFD. It is very annoying when i have for example talk to my engineer, I don't remember where is every question that i can ask, so i have to look for it and since F1 is fast game, even on the straights 90% of the time I miss the braking point or any other mistake is made by me.If i could just pause the game and use MFD it would be very very helpful.

I was as frustrated as you at the beginning, but it will come good with practice, although I still have the odd lapse of concentration while trying to look at a specific info. Just find an MFD button mapping that suits you.

On 8/11/2020 at 1:03 AM, ragequit1 said:

Besides the fuel mixture (3 different type), brake bias and differential adjustments, you don't need to focus that much on anything else, the other MFD screens are mainly just information about the car and its parts status, wear. The OT button can be mapped, since ERS is more simplified.

In the engineer menu you can use voice commands by saying what you want to know, confirm, etc. Just say what you want to know, select or confirm.

Well for me actually the most important is talking with race engineer since i already mapped fuel changing and ERS to the wheel, differential is always the same on whole race, I juse set it before starting. For brake bias it's almost the same, I only change it when i see that front/rear tire wear is significantly different. About voice commands, well If you are playing when it's day it is ok, but I'm mostly playing by night due to lack of time, so I can't just speak loudly when it's so silent. My family members are in the next room.

On 8/11/2020 at 10:06 AM, Ultra3142 said:

I'm still trying to get used to the multi-tasking myself but being able to pause the game to talk to your race engineer would obviously not be remotely realistic and I'm sure in the long run you'll appreciate the better immersion of doing it whilst still racing.

Being able to pause the game as it is now is unrealistic too, talking to your engineer by choosing words and not speaking is unrealistic too. Every cameras except cockpit are unrealistic too, being able to remove visibility of the halo is unrealistic too. Should we just delete or this things because of immersion? It's not an excuse. And I'm DEFINITELY not appreciating missing braking point and driving straight into other AI's and having to 'go back in time' which is definitely not realistic at all. If You wouldn't like to pause the game and "talk" to your engineer you wouldn't have too.

On 8/11/2020 at 11:00 AM, Nightfire1964 said:

yeah with practice it will come to you and you will be find changing stuff it's allot easier than f1 2019 not having to constantly change ers i'm amaze how i managed to do it but it just came naturally after a few days of memorising key areas to save ers and where i can i have time to ask for info ect.

Yes it is easier in 2020 than in F1 2019 mainly because of the ERS thing which is why i'm now playing with manual without tc,abs off and no line. But I don't think i will learn where i can ask my engineer of anything because after playing exactly 68 hours in F1 2019 and for now 61 hours in F1 2020(95% of the time it was career with my player/my team) I still can't do it and it's a lot of time for me.

7 hours ago, Nas00 said:

I was as frustrated as you at the beginning, but it will come good with practice, although I still have the odd lapse of concentration while trying to look at a specific info. Just find an MFD button mapping that suits you.

Maybe I wrote about not what i meant in first post so sorry, but MFD as of MFD is not a big concern. The main problem is communication with engineer.

2 hours ago, MaselkoZet said:

Being able to pause the game as it is now is unrealistic too, talking to your engineer by choosing words and not speaking is unrealistic too. Every cameras except cockpit are unrealistic too, being able to remove visibility of the halo is unrealistic too. Should we just delete or this things because of immersion? It's not an excuse. And I'm DEFINITELY not appreciating missing braking point and driving straight into other AI's and having to 'go back in time' which is definitely not realistic at all. If You wouldn't like to pause the game and "talk" to your engineer you wouldn't have too.

You somewhat missed the point of my post there, was that I think you'll get used to the current system and may enjoy the game more as a result. I didn't  say that everyone must only do what is most realistic/immersive.

Just in case this isn't obvious, you want to avoid messing about with radio messages anywhere near braking zones, so just do it on long straights.

On 8/10/2020 at 4:04 PM, MaselkoZet said:

Hello. I would really like to be able to pause the game while racing, where the time freezes, but there is a slightly opaque MFD menu and ability to talk with engineer. I can't concentrate on driving 200 MPH on a winding track with 10 AI trying to wreak me and looking at the right side for my MFD or try to remember voice commands.

I think this is a great idea.

Sure there are ways to adapt to the current setup, but this is the suggestion section for improvements.

It may not be realistic for Lewis and Max, but they are paid millions and their doorbell never rings during a race.

If we are in a long race this would give us a break and easy re-entry into the race.

Also I would like to have our driver triangle on the full map stand out more  > like a larger bright color so you could more easily see your location on the track with a quick glance.