Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crazy AI

i just did my first race on f1 2015 in the McLaren Honda. I was smashed from behind 3 times and had to pit!!! Adding to the frustration, there seems to be no option to make a tyre request whilst in the pits asthere has been in all other F1 games! So when I came in for a new front wing and wanted to fit primes so that I could still have a chance of a 2 stop, There was nothing I could do besides get what I was given! What the hell!!!

why are the AI crazy?
and why can't we alter pit strategy on the fly!? 

Yeah apparently you have to pick your tire a lap before your stop. Which I don't find really too realistic.

AI can be a bit stupid and aggressive but please codemasters don't turn them back into wusses they were in previous games.

Figured out the tyre selection now, but honestly the AI have obliterated me 6 times in 2 races! one time coming out of the pits in Melbourne, my car was on auto pit exit then smash!!! 

Happy with handling and the weather effects are awesome! 

You can program AI two ways:

1) Unaware of everything that surrounds her to make her as fast as possible (Driveclub; Project Cars, F1, etc) She will ram anyone in her invisible railway. There's a chance she can detect you if she's right in your slipstream, like in driveclub.

2) Gran Turismo AI.

It's the fashion to make her as described in point 1) since many years ago already. It's what retards in general refer to as "aggressive AI".

They're a whole lot better than they were previously and nowhere near as mad as they are in PCars. They're the last thing that needs changing in my opinion.