Editing the MFD

I would love to be able to delete some of the info from the hud and just keep ones i use 

weather report 

distance car is behind me 

shut up geoff 

i hate having to trawl though pages of headers while trying to race a car as well  , i think its currently at 3 pages of which i barely use half a dozen of those 

• Agree 4

you know what i was thinking that when i was playing a 100% race it would be nice as allot of the time i'm wanting to make sure where my rival and teammate are or allot of the time i ask for info about the driver ahead so having that first rather than box this lap would be cool

29 minutes ago, Bobble2020 said:

I would love to be able to delete some of the info from the hud and just keep ones i use 

weather report 

distance car is behind me 

shut up geoff 

i hate having to trawl though pages of headers while trying to race a car as well  , i think its currently at 3 pages of which i barely use half a dozen of those 

Do you use a headset with a mic? I know on Ps4 for example you can talk to Jeff and say "Weather report" and he will reply with the info.

I dont know if this work on Xbox or Pc, because i play only on Ps4. But maybe other members can let you know.

No i dont use a mic , just having to click the mfd then scroll through the various messages ( most of which i will never use ) or having to trawl to page 3  to find one i do use occasionally 

There are only about 5 things i ever use out of them all

Gone off track a couple of times doing it and hit the wall lol

I would like to be able to reorder of the messages, so I could put the ones I use most near the top.

42 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

You could print this and check whats important for you and give Mic commands to Jeff. It is so much easier and i think you will learn fast what to say to him.

https://www.yekbot.com/f1-2020-list-of-voice-commands/

Out of interest, if a headset is used does all audio have to come through this or can it be purely the radio messages that do?

I suspect I'd end up finding a headset uncomfortable for longer races but I haven't tried it.

For me it is all audio, but i am not sure if there is an option to only have Jeff through the headset.

Maybe @issueskid can clarify this as he is from the audio departement at Codemasters. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

For me it is all audio, but i am not sure if there is an option to only have Jeff through the headset.

Maybe @issueskid can clarify this as he is from the audio departement at Codemasters. 

I asked as like the main audio through my pretty decent main hifi setup. Thinking about it, if there was a way to give voice commands via a microphone but not use headphones at all this could be something I'd be interested in but I'd guess it's not.

I dont know if you are on Pc or Xbox?

The Ps4 came with a 1 ear headset with mic. I am sure that will work if you connect it to your controller. But still, i dont know if you can divide the race audio through your hifi set up and only Jeff on the headset

7 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

I dont know if you are on Pc or Xbox?

The Ps4 came with a 1 ear headset with mic. I am sure that will work if you connect it to your controller. But still, i dont know if you can divide the race audio through your hifi set up and only Jeff on the headset

I play on PS4. It frustrates me actually that this forum has a way enter details of your gaming setup but then this information doesn't appear to be visible to anyone else. The same goes for where in the world people are from.

Does the microphone connection on the DualShock still work when using a wheel?

Edit: I'd prefer Jeff through my main speakers actually, so I didn't need an earpiece in at all.

Edited by Ultra3142

On 8/16/2020 at 9:50 AM, Ultra3142 said:

I play on PS4. It frustrates me actually that this forum has a way enter details of your gaming setup but then this information doesn't appear to be visible to anyone else. The same goes for where in the world people are from.

Does the microphone connection on the DualShock still work when using a wheel?

Edit: I'd prefer Jeff through my main speakers actually, so I didn't need an earpiece in at all.

I did some testing, but could not divide Jeff and the rest of the game audio by using a headset plug in the Ps4 controller. All audio came from the headset.

I use a Logitech G935 headset

I am wondering if this is even possible?

My Thrustmaster wheel is working even when having a Ps4 controller active. But normally, i disconnect the controller when using a wheel.

Edited by GioProductions
  • Like 1