Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Online Bug: Joining during Qualifying allows free tyre choice for race

1.       A detailed description of the issue: Had a league race earlier where someone joined during the qualifying session, set a time good enough for P5 on softs, and then was able to choose Medium tyres to start on for the race. More detail is under replication.
2.       Platform: PC
3.       What version of the game you are using: 1.07
4.       Game-mode: Online Lobby, during a league race.
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too: Only 1 time, however given the situation, they were either forced to start mediums, not allowed to choose softs, or were not mandated to only use softs to start the race. In order to replicate the issue, try making a lobby with a short qualifying session and 50% race, have 2-3 others join during the qualifying session, not before or after the qualifying session, set a time good enough to start top 10, and then see if the game mandates the tyre qualified on to start the race. I also have a theory that the game will allow a fresh set of tyres to start on, i.e, you qualify softs, you choose softs even with a free choice of tyre, you'll receive a unused set of softs if you have them available to you instead of your qualified set of softs. In order to check this, have a formation lap on to see tyre wear before starting the race. If it's 3-6% worn, you have your qualifying set of tyres, otherwise it is an unused set.
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue: Did not affect me, so N/A.
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc): N/A
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears: Attached below are qualifying results (other person's name crossed out for privacy) and start of formation lap which shows medium tyres fitted. I can assure you it is no graphical glitch, 2-3 other people also could see medium tyres on the person's car during the formation lap, and I can provide this upon request if needed.

bugreport2.png

bugreport1.png

• Agree 1

Of course this bug should be fixed, but in the meantime I would probably either implement rules to your league like not joining during quali or simply penalizing the driver if he chooses a different starting tyre.

Until that bug is fixed obviously

Edited by ReimvomSchleim

Hi @SomeIdiot16

Thanks for the comprehensive report.

Due to the requirement of a few people to replicate, I've passed this onto our Online testing team for their attempt of replication. Once I have an update, I will let you know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Costa said:

@BarryBL any news? A month later and not fixed.

Still with the testing team, so far replication has been unsuccessful. 

@Costa, have you also experienced this. Please add your report, report codes and a method for us to try and replicate the issue if possible.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Still with the testing team, so far replication has been unsuccessful. 

@Costa, have you also experienced this. Please add your report, report codes and a method for us to try and replicate the issue if possible.

I will try to test and report it this week.

• Like 1

Please add it on here @Costa, will be much appreciated. You can get the report codes now by simply pausing the game in session. Easier access change we wanted to make

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1