F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

My team mode questions, and lack of questions?

I don't see any questions about My Team mode; crazy! I have a bunch but only seem to remember them while in game and of course without the game in front of me I'll struggle to remember enough details. But let me start with at least one.

1. for Facilities upgrades, if I "upgrade" the 2nd driver facility to improve 2nd drivers stats, does this remain with only my current 2nd driver or any future 2nd drivers too?

2. What's going on with tires in 2020 vs 2019. When I select balanced, if I don't run a hard and soft in both P1 and P2, I end up with only softs in P3. This is silly. I have no need or interest in running softs in P1 because I'm using my older engine anyway. So, I'm guessing they switched out a medium for a soft for the balanced set?

3. Shutting down factories. At this point, it seems like one can save money by shutting them down and you only need to leave open a factory if there's a part in development? Does anyone know of a page or walkthrough for this and maybe just My Team in general?

TIA!

1: The facilities provide a bonus to whoever your current driver is at any time.

2: I guess they did. You just have to figure out something you like.

3: Costs of facilities are negligible anyway compared to your weekly sponsor income so unless you're a total fool you don't need to shut down anything.

Thank you for the response. Interesting that you say it's negligible, all I know is I never have enough money to do what I want. Said another way, unless you were somehow given a billion dollars, then you have to wait race after race, month after month to get your facilities upgraded. So it seems like saving money would help me upgrade the facilities sooner.

sure mate, it takes time to build up a winning team, but you are even more happy when you got your money ;) at the end of the season you will get a nice payout when you manage to reach the goals from your sponsor and your seat in the constructors championship also brings in money. I was 9th in the contructors, reached the goal from sponsor, got a pay out of 18 Mio at the end of season 1.

3 hours ago, DavidCopperTop said:

Thank you for the response. Interesting that you say it's negligible, all I know is I never have enough money to do what I want. Said another way, unless you were somehow given a billion dollars, then you have to wait race after race, month after month to get your facilities upgraded. So it seems like saving money would help me upgrade the facilities sooner.

I reckon any new team joining with back of the grid pace would be over the moon to receive the amount of continued income as they do on this game ! 

6 hours ago, DavidCopperTop said:

Shutting down facilities is not the answer considering you want them to be doing something as much as possible. So the amount of money you would save over an entire season by shutting down some of them comes down to what, maybe a million or two most?

I may be wrong but...

Under each department you see their R&D pointes generated and the cost. Shutting down will save money, but will mean fewer development points.

Possibly - and this is a guess-there will also be a morale hit

On 8/11/2020 at 8:21 AM, Aef251 said:

I may be wrong but...

Under each department you see their R&D pointes generated and the cost. Shutting down will save money, but will mean fewer development points.

Possibly - and this is a guess-there will also be a morale hit

Thanks everyone. It's a real shame this stuff isn't documented. I've had a super busy week so haven't had a chance to reply to your posts but I'm just not convinced there's a drawback from shutting down a factory if there are no developments in progress for that department. I do know it doesn't affect morale - I have my reasons for this beyond just a guess, may explain why later. However, I do feel it's harder to accumulate resource points (dev points... the points that allow you to buy car development) than F1 2109. I'll try running a few races not closing any factories and we'll see what happens. FWIW, I chose Loop as my main sponsor. I didn't realize that by playing fairly I wouldn't be able to get 5 points finishes for the season when I chose them, with my team being 2nd or 3rd worse in performance. So, 19-20 or 17-18th place depending on track. So to get my bonus I lowered the AI at the end of the season and did get my big bonus. I chose aero and the Merc engine as my focus preseason FWIW.

Edited by DavidCopperTop