F1 2020 Camber Settings Backwards?

Gents thanks for the read.

I know this has been a discussion item in the past, I just want to clear it up once and for all. If more negative camber (-3.5) / \ should give me greater surface area and traction throughout turns than (-2.5) | | in game, then to maximize this setting the slider should be full to the left correct? It seems to be the opposite which makes no sense because with a tire sitting more upright I would have less surface area and traction throughout turns. 

Can anyone at the bare minimum, just tell me if I want more traction in prolonged turns should I move the slider left or right, regardless of the numbers making sense because this is driving me nuts as an engineer. 

Thanks! 
Anthony

@Poninabox

I am at work and cannot be for sure on this but will try and help you with this. Moving the slider to the far right should be increasing that camber. Meaning the tires will be leaning inwards at the tops of the tires and will decrease the tire contact patch during straights which helps increase your straight line speed, less resistance. By doing this you should then be increasing the tire contact patch while turning. My experience is that most people keep these sliders all the way to the right. This however may cause the tires to wear more, I'm not sure. I do know by increasing toe, you will for sure cause the tire wear to go up (slider all the way to the right). Generally, I see that the fastest people in TT mode go with far right for the two camber settings (top two) and far left for the toe settings (bottom two). In closing I would say that having the cambers set to the far right is best for high speed prolonged corners. This is only one dumb mans opinion and I could be wrong on everything I just said. Good luck on the track and may many checkered flags be yours. Hope this helps you.

@Getts0388

thanks for the reply and that makes total sense and I agree with you completely. however the values in the game are backwards. The slider is depicted below

Camber (-3.5 to -2.5) left to right respectively. -3.5 camber will be more tilted in at the top of the tire and thus should give more speed in prolonged corners per basic math. That said the slider should technically be full left. That’s what isn’t making sense. I think they have the numbers backwards.

Anthony

I think the slider can be confusing at first but are correct.. The sliders goes from lower numbers on the left, to higher numbers on the right. As the car runs negative camber (and therefore the numbers are displayed as negatives), a higher camber angle is a LOWER NUMBER, and therefore to the left of the slider. To the far left is the most negative camber (-3.50 or -2.00 degrees in game, front and rear respectively). Slightly confusing that they use Max and Min at the ends of the sliders though..

Posted (edited)

The slider is depicted below Camber (-3.5 to -2.5) left to right respectively. -3.5 camber will be more tilted in at the top of the tire and thus should give more speed autoclicker software

Edited by korbintoy

Im always running into this problem. I wish they hadnt just copy-and-pasted f1 2019 and badged it as 2020 without fixing all the niggles the game has. 

Does anyone know if the toe settings are backwards as well?

After lowering the ride height while doing setup work @ Monaco, I was under the impression that the camber sliders to the left would give me more camber, and that notion is false based on how they have the scale labeled. After moving the sliders all the way to the right, I was finally able to achieve the desired balance. Cant begin to explain how frustrating some of the areas of this game are.

Edited by MarioIrvin