Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 No Force Feedback, Fanatec CSR, PC

I have a Standard Fanatec CSR wheel, and have just booted up F1 2015 on PC and given it a bit of a run in time trial. So far though I have noticed a distinct lack of Force FeedBack. The FFB just seems to be non-existant and I am wondering if I am not alone in having this issue. I have the two previous F1 games and they fare much better. Now while there is some vibration and effects, there is no solidity to the wheel, even when turning up the FFB settings to full, and everything feels muted. Also if doing a test I do in other games with a good level of feedback, you can just sit stationary in your car, turn the wheel, and the wheel SHOULD feel stiff representing the fact the tyres are stationary, with the wheel loosening up as you start driving of course. But it remains pretty lifeless.

Is anyone else having this issue? Playing with a standard Windows Controller seems to be fine, but of course isn't a replacement for a good wheel. I have got it to a point where it is playable with the wheel, by whacking up a lot of options high, including those on the wheel itself. But it feels wrong.

I'll carry on tinkering for now though, any help, or info would be grateful as so far I am very disappointed.

at PS4 with T300RS I have the same Problem, no Force Feedback.. :-(

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/7635/f1-2015-ps4-t300-rs-no-force-feedback

T100 on ps4 here. I have ffb but it is negative. So instead of pulling to the center in a corner it pulls the other way into the corner.

Great Codemaster!!! They did a very fantastic day one. There is not only one wheel working fine. Congratulation! despite your experience in racing games wheels don't work. OK, I"ll buy F1 2015  at the end of the year when cost 20 euros. Let's go on with Driveclub and Project cars.

mumblesh said:
I have a Standard Fanatec CSR wheel, and have just booted up F1 2015 on PC and given it a bit of a run in time trial. So far though I have noticed a distinct lack of Force FeedBack. The FFB just seems to be non-existant and I am wondering if I am not alone in having this issue. I have the two previous F1 games and they fare much better. Now while there is some vibration and effects, there is no solidity to the wheel, even when turning up the FFB settings to full, and everything feels muted. Also if doing a test I do in other games with a good level of feedback, you can just sit stationary in your car, turn the wheel, and the wheel SHOULD feel stiff representing the fact the tyres are stationary, with the wheel loosening up as you start driving of course. But it remains pretty lifeless.

Is anyone else having this issue? Playing with a standard Windows Controller seems to be fine, but of course isn't a replacement for a good wheel. I have got it to a point where it is playable with the wheel, by whacking up a lot of options high, including those on the wheel itself. But it feels wrong.

I'll carry on tinkering for now though, any help, or info would be grateful as so far I am very disappointed.

Hi Mublesh,

I have a fanatec 911 gt2, and I confirm you that I have some problem with the wheel...

My sensation is that the wheel is vert soft, can you help me with the setting of the wheel and in the game?

thank you

Roberto

Great Codemaster!!! They did a very fantastic day one. There is not only one wheel working fine. Congratulation! despite your experience in racing games wheels don't work. OK, I"ll buy F1 2015  at the end of the year when cost 20 euros. Let's go on with Driveclub and Project cars.

Yeah right, Project Cars is totally free of bugs. So easy to go down on a Publisher. So just leave and buy the game at the end of the year. Codemaster needs our feedback to correct issues, not your bullshit comments.

I have the same issue with my CSR, very little FFB if any on PC. Everything is turned up to 100 and still no real FFB. Not very happy with the performance so far especially with Surround screen.

Project Cars might get more run time this weekend.

I have some decent FFB setting srping and damper to zero. Force at 100. I have the CSw v1. At these setting I can defenitly sense loosing grip in the faster corners. Stiil a lot of tweaking to be done. 

I have some kerb and bump feel but nothing else, by turning down wheel weight to 0 and the other two sliders to 100 on my CSR. I also turned drift completely off on the wheel

Same issue here with the T300rs on pc. I have no ffb in game at all, but my wheel works great with Assetto Corsa, pCars, GTR2, etc. 

I think even approved wheels like the Logitech have the same problem

There's definitely some issue going on here and I can only assume CM are working hard to find the problem and fix it... But of course we can only assume. Let's hope the silence suggests they know what might be the cause, otherwise any help I and others can give, we will. The silence on the issue is kind of deafening though.

Hi Mublesh,

I have a fanatec 911 gt2, and I confirm you that I have some problem with the wheel...

My sensation is that the wheel is vert soft, can you help me with the setting of the wheel and in the game?

thank you

Roberto

As for my settings, SEN is around 270, DPR damper which stiffens up the wheel is at 4, you can also add some SPR centre spring via the wheel if that helps, which should pull the wheel more to the centre after turning. My Wheel Weight setting in the FFB settings in game is the only one NOT at 100% like the rest, it is about 85%. For my wheel this makes it tolerable for me. Bear in mind, I am using the latest CSR firmware - 756. So the wheel is useable, just not offering much in the way of real feedback, and certainly not how I would be happy for it to stay!

On a final note, I also own a Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel, which is on loan to a friend. And while the tech in the wheel is similar, I know from experience that the two (the CSR and PTS) handle quite differently from each other. So these settings with other Fanatec wheels may vary in feel greatly.

Yeah right, Project Cars is totally free of bugs. So easy to go down on a Publisher. So just leave and buy the game at the end of the year. Codemaster needs our feedback to correct issues, not your bullshit comments.
As for this, Project Cars is far from perfect, agreed marcel, thanks for speaking my mind. gigotto59, I created this thread to help point out an issue and in my own, slightly more subtle way, show my disappointment. If you have a real genuine gripe with Codemasters, write them a letter or email them directly, don't start flaming here. Let me state now, I am a gamer with much history with Codemasters, I bought their games on tape cassette as a kid, and am still eagerly awaiting a sequel to BMX Simulator. So I dont want to upset them too much.

Same deal here.  I am running a T500RS with GTE rim on my PC and am getting very little FFB.

Try either:
1. plugging in another ffb-capable controller at the same time (e.g. 360 pad)
2. re-connecting the wheel mid-race.

Does this kickstart ffb?

Dirt Rally had crap FFB when it came out.. (probbaly still does) They tweaked the EGO engine and made the FFB really bad or non-existent on any game that comes out with tweaked EGO it seems.

These devs seems to create and test the game with game pads- and FFB is not even a second thought. Only when games come out and people tell them  it is messed up, do they care about FFB.

There must be a huge employee turn-over at CM, it is like they are complete rookies with every game released.

I was able to get some center spring in my T500 by checking the Auto-Center box for wheel, rather than controlled by game, and setting the percentage to 75%.  That will tide me over until they patch the FFB.

As mumblesh already said...

I've an standard Fanatec CSR Wheel too, and I'm very disappointed from the Force Feedback effects :-/
Setting FFB to 100% both on the wheel and in the Game Settings doesn't make it much better.
The resistance of the wheel is by far too low!

In former F1 Codemaster Games the support for the Fanatec CSR Wheel was much morr intensiv and felt a lot better.
Codemasters, please fix the FFB Support for this/the wheel(s).
Playing like that is no real fun and no real F1 feeling!! :-(

nanuk007 said:
As mumblesh already said...

I've an standard Fanatec CSR Wheel too, and I'm very disappointed from the Force Feedback effects :-/
Setting FFB to 100% both on the wheel and in the Game Settings doesn't make it much better.
The resistance of the wheel is by far too low!
In former F1 Codemaster Games the support for the Fanatec CSR Wheel was much morr intensiv and felt a lot better.
Codemasters, please fix the FFB Support for this/the wheel(s).
Playing like that is no real fun and no real F1 feeling!! :-(

absolutely right. But if I had to choose between a controller, or my wheel, I'd choose the wheel even with the settings I have now.

Same problem here with my Logitech G25

no FFB when the game starts(no restistance in the steering wheel, works fine before the game starts), it works in Rfactor(2) but not in F1 2015

Hola yo tengo la CSW BASE V2 con el volante de FORMULA 1 CARBON DE FANATEC y tenfo el mismo problema no hay force feedback es cero porqueria de juego este F1 2015 nos robaron el dinero  el puto juego se congela cuando le da la gana , o simplemente se queda en la pantalla de carga basura mi dinero tirado a la basura

mumblesh said:
There's definitely some issue going on here and I can only assume CM are working hard to find the problem and fix it... But of course we can only assume. Let's hope the silence suggests they know what might be the cause, otherwise any help I and others can give, we will. The silence on the issue is kind of deafening though.

Hi Mublesh,

thank you

Roberto

As for my settings, SEN is around 270, DPR damper which stiffens up the wheel is at 4, you can also add some SPR centre spring via the wheel if that helps, which should pull the wheel more to the centre after turning. My Wheel Weight setting in the FFB settings in game is the only one NOT at 100% like the rest, it is about 85%. For my wheel this makes it tolerable for me. Bear in mind, I am using the latest CSR firmware - 756. So the wheel is useable, just not offering much in the way of real feedback, and certainly not how I would be happy for it to stay!

On a final note, I also own a Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel, which is on loan to a friend. And while the tech in the wheel is similar, I know from experience that the two (the CSR and PTS) handle quite differently from each other. So these settings with other Fanatec wheels may vary in feel greatly.