Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 No Force Feedback, Fanatec CSR, PC

Hi Mumblesh
Thank you for your reply.
Now I am waiting the patch before to play with f1 2015...
I hope that can arrive soon...
After the patch I will setup the wheel.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/9026/how-to-set-up-your-logitech-steering-wheel-in-f1-2015#latest

Hope this helps

Regarding my Fanatec wheel, I've tried setting some of the suggestions here regarding Logitech wheels, to no avail. I had enough trouble fussing around in F1 2013 for hours, editing the wheel mapping to get the things to work as it should. That was bad enough but there was no issue with FFB like there is here in 15.

And I've gotten to the point of wondering why I invest so much time and money with this game, when it gives me so much hassle. Still... I live in hope.

I'm using the CSR on PS4 and my wheel won't even return to center when i let go. I can make that last turn at Monza letting go of the wheel halfway through. 

I hope they fix this.

Ok so it's been a while since I have been on here, but I just wanted to share things as they stand currently.
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/9878/f1-2015-fanatec-csr-wheel-settings#latest

The link above describes an actionmap edit you can make to try improve the feel and I recommend using notepad++ for editing it. If you are unfamiliar with doing this I am sure many others have posted in past about doing so. As annoying as it is to even have to make these tweaks, it is a starting point. In game I have made my feedback settings a little lower, but it really is down to your own preference.

The point is that although there is some feedback, and it seems to be mostly environmental (i.e crashes and hitting kerbs) and some sensation when the car slips, or slides, but not a huge amount, it just pales in comparison with Project Cars and even the previous F1 games all had a feeling of more weight and connection with the track. So it is very disappointing this time round indeed. I cannot stress enough how much I have played racing games in the past and the amount of money I've spent on them, and it's made me much more cautious about investing in this franchise again.

That said many games have their issues, and if anyone else insists on suggesting Project CARS is perfect I will hunt them down and beat them with their own fist. It is by no means perfect, even if it does a lot of things right. F1 2015 feels better to me and is playable with my wheel, but just isn't as good as I would have hoped by this point in it's history. There is a good foundation here for the future, as I like the feel of this game more than any previous, but I am not sure I will invest in future, as although I can tolerate a shortage of features, I still expect it to work as it always has done up to now.

I even can have a ffb, more if it is to setup even without touch anything, just go. I tried to make a run, most did not have time to go into setup, so I was without ffb. Emtão gave up F1 2015 already was playing without the oculus rift, and also dem ffb. Then give up this desepcionante game, the codemasters lost its way even F1 des 2014.

I'm just posting to state how awful the FFB still is after all this time, and I have invested in a new wheel, which I hope is better. If not I am sad to say I will never buy another Codemasters F1 game. I have spent too much time and money to be burnt in this way, but at least Dirt Rally shows promise.

Ok, well as this post had has a lot of views and Codemasters have nothing to say on the matter, so it seems, I thought I would add a little more recent insight into the situation. My CSR has been reflashed, and the firmware updated again, I haven't reverted to an older version. The reason I am not using it now though is because I have purchased a new wheel, a T300, with F1 wheel add-on.

I do not know why the feedback seems painfully weak on the CSR , but the T300 (using F1 add-on) with F1 2015 I am surprised, because it works wonderfully well, it's very precise and the feedback is extremely informative, making the game with it's new engine quite the joy to drive. So as dismayed as I have been, this is the wheel I would recommend wholeheartedly. But what an expensive hobby this is turning out to be.

As for my CSR the idea behind this was to have two wheel setups in my home to allow head-to-head racing with my close friend, but it just won't work as well with F1 2015 due to the CSR not seemingly right, supported this time, or just not getting enough FFB signal. Personally I think it is the game simply because it works fine with other games (F1 games). Hence Project Cars has now become our game of choice and I will be setting up the CSR again to use. I own a T150, but this lacks compatibility with some games I have tried and I have loaned an older Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel to another friend, and I only mention this to state catagorically, I am a racing sim nut who invests a lot of time and money on racing games and hence why I am so vocal about it.

PS
Thank you Codemasters for Dirt Rally.... you have just about redeemed yourself in my eyes. Awesome game.

PPS
I'll report back if I get my CSR working better with F1 2015.

Tested my CSR again on my laptop this time (rather than my PC with its GTX 970, i5 CPU), just out of interest, this is a gaming laptop with an Nvidia GTX 960M and i7 CPU. Game runs fine, but my Standard CSR has no FFB whatsoever, zip, zilch, even when turned up fully. I'm really annoyed as to why this is to be honest. I am lucky I have another wheel I can use for now, but I can imagine how frustrated some people are, especially if they haven't had these problems before with this series of games.

*I'm editing my post here after further tests: Firstly I went and checked the actionmap which is in the folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2015\actionmaps. Once there you can use notepad or such to edit this file, it may be worth making a backup first. Now this edit has been mentioned before in the forums elsewhere, so I had to make sure I tried this same edit on my laptop since I re-flashed the CSR.

So open the actionmap file, search for the line with CSR in it. Under the steer left and steer right lines, you have a saturation value, change this to 0.6 You could experiment a bit here though, I tried 0.3 as well which was a bit different.

Make sure the in-game setting for force feedback is 100%, environmental somewhat less say 60-65%, wheel weight at around 70%
On the wheel itself dial down the DPR (damper setting) to off. FFB should of course be 100% on the wheel,

Now I am getting some definite feedback which is not just environmental, I can feel the car slipping out, but it feels a bit soft around the centre. I am curious now as to what effect older firmware for this wheel will have. I don't remember all these problems before, so why things have changed, maybe the feedback in this game has been rewritten such that some wheel's just aren't benefiting the same way any more. But the soft feeling around the middle is something I noticed with Forza 4 in the past with this latest firmware. I'll test further and write back.

If I can be of help in fixing this, and CM care, please let me know. Any answer good/bad would be nice. Ta.